NWC Down Again

Discuss anything related to Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2, Dungeons and Dragons, online roleplaying games, or computer roleplaying games
Gulfwulf
Forum God
Re: NWC Down Again

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:02 pm

I use Opera, but I wasn't completely immune. I got the file ORZ.exe twice - the first time it crashed out and the second time I killed it. Doing a little searching, I found out it was a trojan horse and so it was quickly deleted. Anyways, I hope they can get it fixed, but I'm staying away until it is.

GM_ODA
Experienced User

Post by GM_ODA » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:55 am

I said it before and I'll say it again, I have no faith that the small team (NWC) will defeat the big unseen team (hackers). Sorry, but that is my estimate. I really liked NWC, but the days of the lone-coder providing solid product in the face of miscreants with hacker tools is way over.
Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
24x7 we bring the game. Server 96.31.77.127:5121
Our forum http://aldohral.forumotion.com
Web http://playnwn.com

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:04 pm

NWC seems to be cleaned up atm again, though if the hackers are persistantly attacking the place, it's gonna really decrease it's usefulness. Hopefully the team can, and will, come up with a way to immunize/block these delinquents soon.

In any case, it's prudent to continue to back up your posts and comm links.

Karvon

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:41 am

The manage campaign function of NWC is down - it'll try to redirect you somewhere else and possibly install a virus. I disableb javascript whenever I'm browsing over there, that seems to prevent the attacks from doing their thing.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Is that a recent thing, or has it been doing that since last round of attacks?

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:55 pm

It's fairly recent because I was able to use that part a few weeks ago. Right now, it comes up blank and tries to re-direct you if you have Javascript enabled.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:00 am

I haven't been able to connect to NWC for the last few days, :| all I get is the server timed-out message, and I tried disabling Javascript but it makes no difference. All my other regular sites are working fine, so there's nothing wrong with my internet connection.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:30 am

no problems on my end. dunno, man. may be on your end.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:56 am

Try cleaning your temporary internet files cache, Purple.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:24 am

Tried it, made no difference, even tried using different browsers. My comp might be blocking it because of all the viruses lurking around the site (if they're still there?) Very frustrating. :x