NWC Down Again

Discuss anything related to Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2, Dungeons and Dragons, online roleplaying games, or computer roleplaying games
Urk
Re: NWC Down Again

Post by Urk » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:15 pm

I think it was Gilaun who said two crashes ago that the short fixes were only temporary. They made it really clear the long fix would take a long time and they even expressed some fear that they might not be able to fix it at all. Kudos to them all for sticking to it!!!

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:19 am

I'm getting multiple posting errors. Let's hope they get it sorted out, it's barely functional now.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:29 am

i am still seeing evidence of malicious code... like the link to my guild page from the members area ending in a /scr (script)... that can't be good.

Greywolf McGrowler
Experienced User

Post by Greywolf McGrowler » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:04 am

I'm still going to use this web site for at least the next week or so for my campaign till I know for sure that everything is up and running.
Greywolf McGrowler

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:07 am

Greywolf McGrowler wrote:I'm still going to use this web site for at least the next week or so for my campaign till I know for sure that everything is up and running.
Same here.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:30 pm

down again... these guys really suck.

get ready for a busy weekend.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Down as in all the way down or down as in hacked again? Either way, I'm glad I moved everything over here. If Venture goes down, I'm going to find out where he lives and...

...ask him politely to bring the forums back up. 8-)

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:31 pm

oh... hacked. not offline. Firefox and NoScript are keeping the evil people at bay. sheesh... i just posed my tournament games over there too. bollux.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:39 pm

So it's hacked again? I think I'll stay away, then, getting a virus twice now is more than enough for me. Let us know if they get it fixed.

Mulu
Experienced User

Post by Mulu » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Using the Safari browser I appear to be immune to whatever virus the site has been infected with, this time or before. I don't even get a warning, and my system is clean.

I really hope NWC will survive this, especially with the Con coming up. I was *really* looking forward to this Con.