NWC Down Again

Discuss anything related to Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2, Dungeons and Dragons, online roleplaying games, or computer roleplaying games
Lazybones
Forum God
Re: NWC Down Again

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Venture wrote:Great news, thanks LB! When I get back home tonight, I'll put that info on the front page here, if it's OK.
Absolutely. And I think that there will be a flurry of people making backups once the forums are back up. :)

LIONofHUME
Newbie Poster

Post by LIONofHUME » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Good news LB, thank you for the update. Let Rizzen know we are all cheering for them.
If ye be men of valor, great fortitude and wondrous imagination, gather ye bravely and join in marshal arms with us! Assemble your strengths, unsheathe your weapons, heft your shields and gird yourselves as if for war.

Frogs
Newbie Poster

Post by Frogs » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi All!

I just checked NWC and the status is the same. When you try to log in with name and password your Virus program lights up with Active X and Trojan warnings. The databases are still not functioning.
Superior Story Teller of the Inner Sanctum

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:15 am

Seems to be ok atm.... though some of the labels still contain ref to the hacked pages.

If you're a firefox user, I'd strongly recommend the following addon:

NoScript

It automatically blocks scripts on pages and allows you to filter what a page can run.

Karvon

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:17 am

I've archived all the NWCon 4 related threads off NWC and will be reposting them here later today or tomorrow.

Karvon

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:42 pm

So, anybody else getting a Hacker message when trying to post a reply to a thread in the NWC forums?

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Strange. I posted a new thread and replied to it just fine. It was only replying to Karvon's thread at NWC (concerning backups) that gave me an error.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Now, I'm assuming that there may be security filters in place at NWC that catch posts with certain things in them. My reply to Karvon's post, which I will post below, gives a white screen with "Hacker" on it, but I was able to reply using different language. A wild guess is that my post had a lot of parenthesis, which triggered a filter that guesses that it may be an exploit. Lazybones, do you have contact with Rizzen, so we know what stuff to avoid in our posts? Here is what the post was that triggered it for me:

Yes, please feel free to drop me a line (here, or preferably at NWN Campaigns) if you want a backup campaign forum set up for your campaign. The initial plan for NWN Campaigns was to be a place where people could enter their campaign info into a "master list" of multiplayer campaigns, with links back to each campaign's info at NWC (or elsewhere, if not held here). That should be up very soon, but the backup forums are already there.

Dragonstar
Veteran Poster

Post by Dragonstar » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:24 pm

I seem to recall that LB's post said that they would be going through the database today (Monday) removing the infected portions. I would assume that will take a bit of time to finish up.

Mulu
Experienced User

Post by Mulu » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Ah, I tried to make a post with a link to these forums in my campaign thread at NWC and got a slew of error messages. Maybe it was just the link it didn't like.