NWC Down Again

Discuss anything related to Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2, Dungeons and Dragons, online roleplaying games, or computer roleplaying games
Dane Bramage
Expert Poster
NWC Down Again

Post by Dane Bramage » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Seems that they are at it again. Watch out... we may get a few members today ;)

Venture
Site Admin

Re: NWC Down Again

Post by Venture » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:15 pm

Yea, I noticed that too. I'm thinking if it stays down for an extended period, an announcement might be in order at the Vault and/or the official forums to make people aware that this is here as a backup until things get straightened out. I might be a bit busy today, though, to get that up if somebody else wants to do it.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:30 pm

Also, once I get done some wedding stuff, and then get my module ready for my campaign game tomorrow, I'm going to play around a bit and see if there's any way I can get a scheduling feature up, as a stop-gap until NWC is back up. Don't hold your breath, though.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 am

I'm starting to think that the site may be down for awhile, Venture, so anything you can do to get this one up and running will be appreciated. I wish there was a way we could block the idiots from attacking the site. :evil:

Urk

Post by Urk » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:59 am

Thanks for setting this up. I'm going to announce it to my players by Email and PM at NWC. Anyone got any clever ideas about a backup method for scheduling games?

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:23 am

I've found some options for scheduling in some CMS systems (Joomla and Drupal), that I think I can tie into the same login as the forums, although it will take a bit more time for me to get it figured out. They probably won't be perfect though, so if anybody has any ideas, let us know. I can definitely get something up (famous last words) that would allow scheduling and sign-ups, as I'm using something like that on my campaign site. What I'm trying to figure out is a way to allow scheduling by invitation only, too. I'll have another crack at it in the a.m.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:31 am

Well, it looks like NWC has been stable the past few days so hopefully the attacks have passed. Of course, those script kiddies/malcontents may decide to renew their attacks and we'll no longer have NWC. Thanks for setting this up, Venture.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:36 pm

TBH... i'd rather just use this forum. i like all the bells and whistles. but that's just me, and i don't think anyone would move over here as long as NWC is still functional.

but thanks for getting it all set up Venture. at least we have someplace to fall back to.

GM_ODA
Experienced User

Post by GM_ODA » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Yes, this is a PERFECT fall back (and a good 'back room' for those who want to use it even while nwc is up).

I think, given the nature of script kiddies and the like, we should continue to press to flesh this thing out.

GM_ODA
Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
24x7 we bring the game. Server 96.31.77.127:5121
Our forum http://aldohral.forumotion.com
Web http://playnwn.com

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:03 am

Great, NWC has been hacked again.