Site motto?

Discuss anything related to Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2, Dungeons and Dragons, online roleplaying games, or computer roleplaying games
Dane Bramage
Expert Poster
Re: Site motto?

Post by Dane Bramage » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 pm

you may know search engines, but i don't think that people will get bent out of shape when they search for NWN and get info back on both 1 & 2. just my feeling on the matter.

i think as a motto... i think it's most important that we show support for both games.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Well, at least for my signature on the Bioboards, I want to mention both NWN and NWN2, so there is no confusion that this site supports both. I remember reading something somewhere (Bioboards or maybe elsewhere) where people were talking about NWC, and someone said "yea, but I don't think they're for NWN2." I want to avoid any such misconceptions. It will be a little while at least till I try to give this site a little more of a push, so we have some time to decide on the bigger implications.

Greywolf McGrowler
Experienced User

Post by Greywolf McGrowler » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:15 am

Neverwinter Nights Campaigns: Where the adventure begins.
Greywolf McGrowler

GM_ODA
Experienced User

Post by GM_ODA » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:50 am

First, I just got out of bed, and my pain meds have not kicked in yet, so if this sounds surly, it is NOT hubris directed at anyone here.

Dane - you are missing my point.

In a search for any string including 'NWN1' the motto 'NWN / NWN2 ..." etc. will NOT rank at all since there is no 'NWN1' in it. Searchers seeking 'nwn' or 'nwn2' would CERTAINLY get it in their results. The point here is to ensure that EVERYONE searching for this topic, regardless of if they use 'nwn' or 'nwn1' or 'nwn2' will get this site in the results. THEREFORE good SEO tells us that we MUST include all possible combinations that your audience might use else we loose that portion of the audience.

I encourage the site to cover both games, and even a third if it should ever arise. BUT I strongly recommend your motto and your SEO be on target so you can help all the users find your site. Hence 'NWN1 / NWN2' is superior to 'NWN/NWN2' for this purpose.

While YOU might not use the 'NWN1' in your search string, there are those who DO.
Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
24x7 we bring the game. Server 96.31.77.127:5121
Our forum http://aldohral.forumotion.com
Web http://playnwn.com

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:19 pm

certainly appreciate you input, ODA. and i don't understand Search Engine stuff very well, so my thoughts are based off of limited knowledge. obviously we want everyone to find there way here, so i'm sure Karvon will take your council into consideration.