New Campaign - September 2008: The Q&A Thread

steveohio
Newbie Poster
Re: New Campaign - September 2008: The Q&A Thread

Post by steveohio » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Thats odd, I posted here yesterday. Dam forum gremilins.

Seeing as how we are short on some magik stuff, I will go Sorceror. I'm mostly a melee-centric character in most games. I've never played a DnD Cleric before, but I may be willing to try. I have to look more closely at the different domains, as I couldn't fathom the boredom being a dedicated healer.

Schmelkus
Newbie Poster

Post by Schmelkus » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:38 pm

Alright then, it's settled... halfling ranger.... though as stated, while combat will not be his primary motivation (He won't be a dwarven tank!), he will be capable in that role to an acceptable extent.

Working on small but relevant background now... having my class, race and name chosen. I hereby give you, Rylet Nordihmmyr, Halfling Ranger.

Looking forward to it, gents.

-Schmelkus

themaskedassassin
Newbie Poster

Post by themaskedassassin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:46 pm

right on Schmelkus, I'll go for the belly cleave and you shoot over me and pepper them with arrows about the head and shoulders.

steveohio
Newbie Poster

Post by steveohio » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Ok. 1 Stupid question. I've downloaded the Hak packs listed in the thread. Where do I place the files?

Sorry, but this is my first fortay into NWN custom content.
I just want to make sure I got everything ready to go for tommorrow evening.

Still working up a character bio. Also debating if I can figure out cleric.
-I basically don't like having to prep up spells for the next day. I can't build a character and test out spells with Cleric, quite annoying. Bard/Sorc are so much more player friendly.

Thus why I will probably be playing Sorceror as it seems we have Dwarf Fighter, Halfling Ranger, Bard possibly Cleric, what else do we have at this point, and how many total PCs?

Can you throw up the Cleric gods/domains in this thread. That way any I can take a look and see what my options are if we do not in fact get a cleric. They at least satisy me in being able to smack some stuff and wear fancy armors. =)

Antonymous
Newbie Poster

Post by Antonymous » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:09 pm

I will take on cleric/druid in one form or another. NWN DM, please post any custom rules and domain info you have regarding clerics/druids.

And thusly, our party is complete!

NWN DM

Post by NWN DM » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:29 pm

For Cleric and deity information, you can look in the Player's Guide file, located on the NWVault information page.

Essentially let me know what deity you want to choose and I'll let you know the domains you have to choose from.

magrudis
Newbie Poster

Post by magrudis » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:12 am

At first glance Flin appears to be a teenage human... and a noticeably unkempt one at that. On closer inspection his elven features become more apparent. He covers his telltale ears under a shoddy cap and looks in need of a bath. Anybody who knows anything about elves is shocked to realize Flin belongs to a race universally known for hollow arrogance. His eyes dart about quickly assessing his situation. With his head low, he tugs at his cap making sure his ears remain concealed. When addressed he responds in streetwise Common tongue with a heavy halfling accent.

NWN DM

Post by NWN DM » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:26 am

Just an FYI - when you successfully join the server after making your PC, you'll automatically be awarded 3001 XP and 1000 GP in addition to basic starting equipment.

In the Welcome Room area there is a New Player Merchant that you can use to equip yourselves... note that once you start adventuring this merchant will no longer be available to you.

Also note that this merchant sells for 100% of base cost and buys back for 100% of base cost, so if you don't like what you've bought, give it back. If you want, you can sell any starting equipment you have to this merchant, and purchase alternative versions.

themaskedassassin
Newbie Poster

Post by themaskedassassin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:41 am

someone help me out real quick, I got the character loaded but the sight says I am missing the following file

cep2_add_tiles.hak

could someone put up a quick link so that I can download it, as I'm having trouble finding it.

themaskedassassin
Newbie Poster

help me

Post by themaskedassassin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:34 am

I am missing the game right now, because the server says I am missing a file

cep2_add_tiles.hak

does anyone know where I can find it? I'm getting pissed because I can't play and I am missing out .

I can't find the file anywhere...does anyone have a link???

Return to “Sunndi Campaign (NWN)”