Siege of Aldera - Tuesdays (rp thread)

Gulfwulf's Campaign
Caanbow
Newbie Poster
Re: Siege of Aldera - Tuesdays (rp thread)

Post by Caanbow » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 pm

Curunor shrugs. "I ain't keepin' track of him... What am I, his mother?" He chuckles to himself quietly and ties another dirty strip of cloth around his bloodied arm.

After getting a better view on seeing the others fight, he decides to take some quick mental notes on the bunch.

Arinia: At least she's good with a crossbow...not like its hard to point and shoot one. She's a total butterfingers, and she's a magicker at that. I ain't lookin' forward to her "expandin' 'er spellbook". But she's easy on the eyes, I'll give 'er that.

Darius: Thank Waukeen he's on our side. That sworda his looks pretty sharp, and I don't wanna be on the recieving end of that.

Peran: Um...he's a druid. Whack-job buncha tree huggers, but I ain't saying it to his face. They're a buncha traitors to us...sentient races, puttin' nature first. Sorry, but my life is much more valuable then an alley mutt. 'Least he keeps me feelin' alright after gettin' cut up.

Mei: Hmph, no opinions as of yet. If he's like the other bards I've met, all his free time'll be spent being rejected by women fer bein' too forthcomin'. Sure they know more then I do about magic...not that it's important, but can they split a lock? Hmph, fat chance.

He pulls the bandage tightly and winces a bit, trying to keep the pain hidden.

mineption
Experienced User

Post by mineption » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 am

Her first mistake was to assume that all adventurers carried spellbooks. The lack of any signs of reading materiel on her companions should've tipped her off, but she never really was the observative type - Mer usually did that, but he was busy keeping himself hidden.

It was times like these Arinia truly felt alone and incomplete. Mer usually kept her company and always seemed to make up for her weaknesses.

Now, she was already being labelled... it felt unfair to be called an "apprentice" or a "magicker" when she was expelled from her school. She felt Curunor in particular was especially harsh on her, like she wasn't pulling her own weight.

And so, she now stood there in the cabin with Darius, looking around and trying to be observative in an effort to look helpful. She got rid of the dress she was ridiculed for and carried her mean-looking rapier at her hip in an effort to "fit in", but it still felt very awkward having three human men in full leather armor around her.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:20 am

+100 xp for Ayrik, Caanbow, and Mineption.

Caanbow
Newbie Poster

Post by Caanbow » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:58 am

Curunor stays outside the next day, training himself with his new axe as well as trying out different combinations of weapons, finally settling on the axe and dagger. His fighting style is much different then that of a soldier, obviously he was not trained by any academy or teacher.

The weight of the axe is nice...but I wish the blade was heavier. The dagger is perfect as it is... Let's hope I don't get too accustomed to this style, I need to become good with any weapon I find. Hells, not just good...perfect.

Ayrik
Experienced User

Post by Ayrik » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Standing by the Inn, Darius watches Curunor practicing. He's not half bad, although he did leave himself a bit open on that one. Shaking his head, darius grimaces and mutters to himself, "Now I'm starting to sound like one of the instructors..."

Turning to go back inside, Darius returns to mulling over the probablem that had been bothering him since yesterday. Peran was gone, and he was the one that knew the most about these bugs. Not that it was much, but still, any lost information lowered their chance of success. Success...how about survival? It was true, he thought to himself. So far all they new is that there were bugs in the forest and the mines, LOTS of bugs, and someone was willing to pay him and the others to clear them out. That was something else that bothered him. They had not met their employer yet, been given only minimal information, and had not been offered any support from those who seemed so desperate to have the problem taken care of. No one was even financing their mission, they had to come up with their own funds for equipment. If they are really so worried about this problem, why wouldn't they even donate decent equipment? All the gaurds are wearing armor, so they leave us in leather. It just doesn't make nense. Unless... The unless stopped him cold. Unless it's a suicide mission, unless they expect us to fail.

Taking a deep breath, Darius once again began to take stock of the situation. He was stuck in a town, with the ocean to one side and an infested forest to the other...what choice did they have? It didn't matter, they couldn't leave until the problem was solved, no wonder there was no advance, no funding, there didn't need to be. Once they stepped off of the boat, they were stuck helping whether they wanted to or not. Again, Darius shook his head. They? He had begun thinking of himself and the others as one, because they were in this together, but what did he really know about his companions?

A rogue with a sense of humor, not bad in a fight, but a loner by nature...which was obvious because he tried to avoid asking for help even when he obviously needed it.

A bard that believes he has a sharp wit and thinks he's smarter than everyone. Darius liked to take his time to think through things, Mei seemed to jump to conclusions too quickly....it made him nervous. The little guy needs to settle down. Still, he was useful in a pinch, and probably more useful still in a situation that needed fast talking and flattery.

A missing druid, one who was comfortable enough in a fight, if he made it back, but not so much in a group. His suggestion about not needing a leader may be fine for most things, but Darius know that not having someone to take charge in a battle was a good way to get a lot of people killed. Still, his healing spells were going to be sorely missed if he didn't make it back.

Arinia. A girl with a crossbow, a sword she hadn't drawn, and presumably a spellbook, even though Darius had never seen her cast a spell. He felt oddly protective of her, she seemed so delicate and naive. Surely she had no business getting caught up in this, and Darius knew that if anything happened to her, he would retaliate swiftly on anyone he felt responsible, bug or human alike.

Darius had the mind of a tactitian, always planning his next move, and he already knew what had to be next. If they were going to survive, they would need everyone's help. If Peran did not some back soon, he would go looking for him, if they couldn't find him...well, that would be the next step.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:35 pm

After getting seperated from the group, Mei attempted to get some more information on the local 'bug' problem. Spending pretty much a whole day at the Inn, with nothing to show for it, Mei sets off after the rest of the group.
He passes the druid on the road, but the druid only grunts as he passes, obviously more interested in studying the bug carcass he's carrying.
As he crossed a bridge, he could hear talking inside a cabin by a river wheel. Sneaking up on the occupants, Mei felt pretty good when he popped out from behind the open door. He expected a good laugh, however, everyone seemed on edge. After a quick talk about how he got seperated from the others, he filled them in on .... well, nothing, since he gained no new information at the Inn. Turns out, the group is on a bug collecting task, great, bugs for gold. *sigh*
Well, having no other choice, Mei joined up with the group and their bug collecting. Have to get gold for food somehow.
After finding a few bugs and some notes, it seems the breeding ground of the area was in a canyon of sorts. Although he mentioned it twice, nobody was interested in having a look in the caves to the west. After a short discussion, everyone agreed to return to town, trade in the dead bugs and see what we could get with the gold. Overall a good choice. Plus we needed to find the druid, he had the most potent healing spells and apparantly all the heal kits as well. Curoner was going to need a lot of healing, 'specially if he insisted on using that axe and standing at the front of the group.
Darius was quite capable of keeping the front, and Arinia could shoot a bolt as good as most elves are with a bow. I would wager she may even have a spell or two up her sleeve. Haven't seen any as of yet though. Hopefully when she does pull them out, they are effective.
Where did that druid get off to?

Raganui
Veteran Poster

Post by Raganui » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:43 pm

The druid smiled to himself, stretching slowly as he returned to the city. He was glad the man had been selling ironwood. A little work and a bit of time... he frowned. How long had he been gone now? He should have kept track of the days. Either way, he'd gotten what he needed.

He'd approach the inn, polished wood framing his torso.
Ninja Ninja.

mineption
Experienced User

Post by mineption » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:26 am

Arinia was ecstatic. Finally, she did something and was getting paid for it... seven centipedes at six gold each, so that's 42 gold right? That sounds like a lot of money! Though hunting bugs wasn't exactly what she wanted to do for the rest of her foreseeable future, she finally felt like she was on the right track.

She steps outside to spot Curunor practicing with his new weapons. There was something different about the way he wielded them... perhaps he can give her some pointers? No! No... she shouldn't be giving them the idea that she's just tagging along to try and learn from everyone. She's a professional now... right?

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:23 am

+150 xp for full party posting.

Raganui
Veteran Poster

Post by Raganui » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:41 am

"Oi~! Don't tire yourself out now." He called as he stopped to watch Curunor practice, smirking lightly. "Unless you want to be a sweat pile." He turned toward Darius. "Sorry about stepping out on you lads and lass, but I had an inspiration that required me to take care of some things. Useful, if I say so meself." He swung his spear up, over his shoulders and smiled.
Ninja Ninja.