Forum God
Re: Siege of Aldera - Sunday rp thread

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon May 24, 2010 12:41 am

+100 for Tampamac2002 & Klasa.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Mon May 31, 2010 12:28 am

Things were looking up actually, all things considered. Xavion was getting used to this whole shoot the bugs before they can maul you thing, and the others were doing their roles well so they typically did not reach him. Though they had to learn the hard way that taking on too many at once was a terrible idea, but such is life, and they did survive the ordeal. They even managed to find that cabin and bring back those coldstones for that half-orc... and considering that the magic longbow they were given in reward for it was worth a good amount they definitely got more then the effort they put in, which works just fine for Xavion. Of course, it was given to Erin to use because he could make best usage of the bow's magic, but whatever kept them alive longer worked just fine.

And speaking of keeping them alive longer, Xavion figured he needed to have a talk with that gnome about better directions towards those plants needed for that healing salve...

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:40 am

+200 to Klasa.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:56 am

After seeing the smithy about a chain shirt, Mei realised he better quit flirting with the beautiful Inn owner. That man could bend metal, and Mei had no intetion of finding out what else he could bend.
After putting the chain shirt on, he decided not to say a word about Onda to the man. Better to just let it go from here on out.

Turning from the smith, he found himself admiring the little town. Sitting atop a cliff along the sea, the town was sure to get its share of wind and sunlight. As a bonus the view spectacular.
Taking a deep breath, he thought about the last trip into the countryside. Although he was badly injured by the bugs, even getting knocked out at one point. He didn't feel like it was life threatening. I mean, they did have a cleric traveling with them. Never was Mei happier to see a cleric than when he awoke on his back with dead bugs around him.
Thinking of bugs brought the old man's journal to mind. He seemed sure that fire was needed to end the bugs in the canyon. Not being a mage, Mei had often wondered how a fire spell worked. I mean, having a few spells was great, but fire, that would be awesome. Guess we'll just have to make do with oil and a torch.
Mei took a second to look at his two companions, they were alright, for elves. Never having journeyed more than to the next town with elves, Mei thought they were distant, and very relaxed. They never seemed in a hurry to do anything. Erin really seemed to be the friendly one of the two. Xavion just had a sarcastic streak. I don't think he likes me very much. However, he did shoot that bug that had snuck around behind me. I guess when a bug is gonna bite your companion, it's kind of hard to just let it happen. I'll do the same for him, but I'm getting tired of the sarcasm whenever I say something.
Maybe I talk too much, for elves. I'll have to see what happens if I quit talking.

*nods to himself, smiling*

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:26 am

+200 for tampamac2002.

Baron Olaf
Newbie Poster

Post by Baron Olaf » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:50 am

Olafur leaned over the ship and hurled up his guts one more time. He leant back over and his face a very queasy green shade seemed to say more about his affliction than he could in words. I hate travelling by water, nature is a beautiful and amazing aspect of the world but sea travel really just doesn't work for me, he thought.

Turning over and slumping down against the side of the ship he recalled to himself why he had even left his group in the forest. With Olafur recently coming of age it was typical of the Arch Druid to send the new men on a sort of quest to prove themselves in the world as worthy Druids. He had spent his whole life awaiting that day, to finally leave his home forest and reach out to explore and learn more about the ways of nature that he could only imagine or listen to from the stories of Fredril, or as he called him Old Pa. Tales of Fredril's adventure out into the wide word had spiked a new kind of curiousity when he was a child. But now here he is, laid up against a side of a ship trying very hard not to lose any more of his morning meal. "So much for great adventures.", Olafur complained out loud. The Arch Druid had heard rumours of great insects infesting the isle of Aldera and saw it as a great opportunity for the eager Olafur and so the community blessed Olafur, had a small feast for celebration then sent him on his way. This was 12 days ago now and he was starting to wonder whether he would ever get to this isle.

He uttered a few words to his goddess as another wave lapped up against the ship and his stomach rolled over one more time then his senses picked up, suddenly there was a lot of activity aboard the ship. He stood up rather ungracefully and peered out only to see the isle finally in view. "Aldera, you better be as interesting as I hope." He had already heard their was a group of adventurers on the isle attempting to rectify the current bug problem and he believed that was his first port of call, after cleaning himself up. An hour or so later and the ship finally docked and was tied up. Olafur stepped onto the isle after collecting his staff, leather armour and his rations from the storage under the ship then breathed the air of a new experience.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 am

+200 for Baron Olaf.

Elaura
Experienced User

Post by Elaura » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:20 am

"Ridishu think there nothing festive about this party. Me think it bad idea to hunt bugs with just half-elf ranger and brainless cleric," the half-orc barbarian mutters to herself over another bottle of fish ale. "Strange place . . . not even know fish ale supposed to have fish in it . . . at least head of fish."

Ridishu talks to herself often to keep from forgetting how to make the common speech. She finds it difficult to keep her lips and tongue limber enough to wrap around the odd syllables of her father's native tongue. "Eee-nun-see-ate!" her father always told her, but the high-pitched, nasal sounds made her nostrils itch.

She much preferred the Orc way of making sounds. Syllables came from deep inside the gut and felt as though if one didn't open one's throat, the words would tear their way out before ever reaching one's mouth.

Of course Ridishu could never put these thoughts into words in any language. Instead, she sat at the table in the tavern, dunking the skeleton of the fish she'd had for dinner in her glass. "Me hope more fighters come to party next time; me need to get bug guts to buy better gear."

Lydyn
Experienced User

Siege of Aldera - Adora's Introduction

Post by Lydyn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:20 am

When I awoke, I was on a ship that was headed to Aldera. I had no idea why I was headed there or what happened in my life that lead me to this point - no memories of family, friends, places, or experiences, just a knowledge that I headed to a strange isle.

Then I saw it. A journal sitting next to me with my name written across it. In the hours passing as we got closer to Aldera, I read the journal, hoping for clues to what had happened to me and why my memory seemed to be missing. All I found were notes and scribbles, to an end that meant summoning something ... forbidden. Apparently, assuming I had wrote it myself, never wrote what exactly it was that I was trying to summon or call forth. Only that it was something powerful, mysterious, and out of reach with time. This was something not even heroes had oft experience of, as it spoke of years of chasing legends down.

At last, the captain called out that we reached shore and without knowing more than the fact that I summoned something, the only clues that I would find would be on this island ... an island siege by bugs. How anything I did related to this was a mystery.

I suppose we shall see what comes.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:12 am

When Erin came knocking at the door the following morning, Mei kept quiet, figuring if they really 'needed' him, they'd come and get him. That would teach Xavion a lesson in manners.

Well, he waited half the day before heading downstairs. Onda glared at him when she answered his question, "Where do you think they went? Out hunting bugs."

While taken aback that they would actually leave without him, Mei showed no expression to the news.

He kept to himself, staying in his room, not even selling his extra armor.