Siege of Aldera - Sunday rp thread

Gulfwulf's Campaign
peachykeen
Experienced User
Re: Siege of Aldera - Sunday rp thread

Post by peachykeen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:49 am

Erin was still a bit behind after his time out sick, but the group's last trip into the woods had gotten him back into the flow of things.

The ore they had been sent to get was an interesting turn. Maybe having an alchemist around town was useful after all, even if he was a gnome. Having weapons that could hurt those bugs would definitely be a bonus. Especially if they met more like that big gray one. Erin shuddered slightly thinking about it. He still thought it had looked eerily undead, and he was not on the best of terms with that sort of critter. Even still, the look on the alchemist's face when they'd tossed a huge bug-head on the floor had been priceless.

Gathering his sword and pack, Erin stood from the table and looked around the inn. It looked like it was almost time to head out again. He wondered what task the Captain would have for them this time...

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:52 am

+400 for Peachykeen, Elaura, and Lydyn.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:12 pm

After another successful trip past the Crossroads, Mei was looking forward to a long night of rest at the tower.
*wearily he trudges along*

Lydyn
Experienced User

Post by Lydyn » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Adora had been late last time, entering the crypt almost too late to help and practically clueless to what they were searching for this time. It was unavoidable, however, as she took care of personal things.

There was not much to be said on her trip to help her fellows besides a new soldier-like bug appearing and seeming a bit more difficult than they'd be able to handle alone - almost pushing their limits. In a way, Adora was glad she was late, but felt bad she could not help them earlier.

In either case, she had gone on a wild goose-chase. She had thought she heard something about the tower-fort from the tavern when she awoke. Something about spirits and knowledge ... like any rumor though, it was unclear and unproven, but it was something. Sadly, she never did find anything and had to go back to town to track down the others.

Elaura
Experienced User

Post by Elaura » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:01 am

Ridush was often confused by subtleties of emotion and body language, so it was her way to ignore them completely. The Half-Orc believed that if there was something someone wanted her to know, they would say it clearly; this is what her parents always did.

The result of this was that as she lay her head down in the tower bedroom, the only thing going through her mind was how kind it was that someone had found a broom and a mop to stand in the corner of her room. Their shadows were comforting to her and she fell asleep quickly, hoping the next day's adventures would be as fun as that day had been.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:04 am

+400 for Tampamac2002, Lydyn, and Elaura.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Back at the tower, Mei relaxes on a bedroll. He drinks some ale before he lays down for sleep.
"Nope, Ridush, no fish heads in it."

Lydyn
Experienced User

Post by Lydyn » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:37 pm

We prepare to receive supplies for the small fishing town as we speak. Mostly weapons from the sound of it, since the bugs have seemed specifically interested in attacking them. I don't question much anymore as most of this still makes little sense ... but I'm surprised we haven't seen bug that are able to swim. You'd think the town would've mentioned such things.

Elaura
Experienced User

Post by Elaura » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 pm

*stretch* "Ridush need to do something!" the half-orc declared to herself. She had already run around the small fishing village twelve times to release the energy still in her muscles. "Got to get rid of fire in belly before sleep. Way too short from town to village and bugs too easy to kill. Not enough work to make even a goblin want sleep."

On her thirteenth trek around the village, Ridush stops to look over the water. It is night and the docks have all been washed down. She can see the little fish scrambling to gobble up the chum before the larger fish gobble them up.

"'Ridishu not fish,' Papa say. 'No, Ridishu not fish, but Ridishu not rock, too!' I say back. 'Why me sink like rock?' Papa say he teach me to not sink like rock. 'Keep fingers and toes together; wave arms and kick legs.' Ridishu strong enough to keep nose up, but that all. Ridishu not duck, either."

"But tomorrow we go to swamp! We get swords and things for Dwarf. Me good in swamp; big feet keep Ridush out of deep mud. Grim-bowls . . . what be grim-bowls? Not bugs, not flying things, townpeople say like goblins, but smarter. Not matter. Me kill things much smarter than Ridiush, me kill goblin chief once, but he only think he smarter than Ridush."

The half-orc continued her circuit as well as her conversation with herself until the last candle in the last window went out. She trod softly in the dirt and whispered to herself so as not to keep the townsfolk awake and after the fifth time around the dogs didn't even bark at her anymore.

The only ones to mark her passing were the guards at the gate. One of whom remarked to his partner when she was well out of earshot, "If that half-orc doesn't wear herself out too much to fetch those weapons, the sheer smell of her will clear a path all the way to the shipwreck. Here it is, only the first phase of the moon and already she needs a bath!"

Ridush chuckles as there is likely no place one could speak in this small village that her sharp ears could not pick up the sound, though what she understands is not always what is said. "Strange folk only take bath once every moon cycle! Me take bath every week! Mama teach Ridishu to be clean and make own soap with fish-oil. Keep green skin healthy!"

With that, the half-orc ended her midnight run and waded into the shallows up-current from the floating fish parts. She took her braided hair down, stripped naked, and washed from head to toe in the new moon's light. If one was watching, from very far away and one had very poor eyesight, one might believe Ridush was a siren, washing her long tresses and beckoning to wayward sailors . . . but only if one were blind drunk as well.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 am

+400 for Tampamac2002, Lydyn, and Elaura.