Who's here?

Gulfwulf's Campaign
Tenren
Experienced User
Re: Who's here?

Post by Tenren » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Sorry for your loss, Dmom, and hope everything's all right, Bobo.

See you guys next week.

Dragonmom52
Experienced User

Post by Dragonmom52 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Thank you all for your sweet thought. It's nice to have friends! :D
"I want to here more about Sam."

BoboUnderhill
Experienced User

Post by BoboUnderhill » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:07 am

I hate to do this twice, and please forgive the ugliness of this post, but I'm at a library two or so hours from my usual house, and thirty minutes from where I'm staying.

As you may not know, I live in Huntsville Texas, which faced Hurricane Ike's eye. The good news is, we're okay. My parents are okay (who live near Brenham). Bad thing is, neither location has electricity, and therefore, internet access. My parents have a generator, luckily, so we're not sitting in the hot darkness. I don't know when school will be starting up again, or when power will be completely restored to the region (though, we're hoping for wednesday but the news says as late as two week for full power restoration.) We spent a day in our hot apartment before learning the university was closed until wednesday at the earliest. Once we heard that, my fiance' and I packed up a few things and moved into my parent's place for a few days. I MIGHT be able to move back tomorrow, but it is doubtful and all dependent on how quickly power can get restored.

Aside from no power, we were extremely lucky to avoid and structural damages or injuries. My parents also live near Bryan/College Station which didn't lose power, so we have access to plenty of food, water, medicine, etc. It could've been a lot worse, and I'm not lamenting my situation at all.

Here's to hoping power will be back before the week's end.

Cheers.

Oh, and an update on my fiance': She's perfectly all right.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:21 am

Didn't know you lived there, Bobo. Glad to hear you are alright. I live in Charlotte, and had to face Hugo way back in '89. Very similar situation as you. Take care. Be sure you tell everyone how much they mean to you and cherish each other. Experiences like that let you know how easily it can all be taken from you.

Tenren
Experienced User

Post by Tenren » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:11 am

:|

Glad that you're all OK.