NWN 2 - Sundays

Gulfwulf's Campaign
Gulfwulf
Forum God
Re: NWN 2 - Sundays

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Got the DVDs and installed the files. Thanks Axe! Everything seems to be working a-okay.

Since we have the files now, we can start the Sunday after Tin gets back from camping: the 18th instead of the 25th if you guys want to. Axe, you still need to let us know what character you want to play. :P

Axe Edge
Expert Poster

Post by Axe Edge » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Great news GW! That was quicker than expected. Guess it was good I sent them from a hub.

A young, trustworthy, determined soldier of faith has been graced with excellent healing abilities by Torm himself. In dreams, the young man has been told to end evil doings south of Candlekeep. Soon after embarking on this crusade, and if he remains steadfast in his beliefs, honor, and sense of right, he has been offered a position as "The Sacred Weapon wielded in Torm's own hand". There is a conflict of beliefs deep in his mind.

(Cleric, then immediately Paladin)

Edit: probably Cleric 1, fighter 1, then hit up Paladin. After all, Torm wants a faithful warrior squire before he becomes a paladin ;) It'll be a decent healer in the beginning (with augment healing, too), then start bumping up the BAB and combat feats quickly. It should work well with Bard support. The holy warrior will have feats coming out of his ears. Still open to any suggestions, though.

Axe Edge
Expert Poster

Post by Axe Edge » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Hey GW,

I seem to remember you're pretty handy with some scripting/moding. A multiplayer complaint is a bug with the "Fatigue System". I did not run into it with my short mp testing until I was playing solo on the mp server. As soon as the module began, everyone in the party (PC and 3 NPCs) became fatigued and had to rest.

I think a script similar to "bgr_onmoduleload..." may need to be commented out. I'm at a soccer tournament, so, I can look at it later.

Maybe I'll hit the NWN2 social forums and see if someone can whip something up.

One other complaint was the death screen. When any PC reached -10 hp, the death screen would come up and end the game,forcing the module to be reloaded and everyone had to rejoin. I think IWD was this way and it wasn't a big deal for us.

Take care

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 pm

I've also be play testing, and ran into the fatigue issue. Part of the problem is the travel screen, there is no clue as to how long a trip it is. I suppose it also had to do with me not resting before heading out on my journey. Although, I really do think the ten hours of travel would make anyone fatigued if they didn't rest between the previous shenanigans and heading out for more of the same.

Mac

Axe Edge
Expert Poster

Post by Axe Edge » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Yeah, Mac,

It should be in the "on load module". When totally cool, I'd make a save. Later, when I load the save (and loading the module), everyone becomes fatigued. I'm just going to make the script null and recompile it. I'll be able to get to it over the next few days, maybe tonight. Shouldn't take me more than 15-30 minutes to try it out. I requested the script used by a poster, but he hasn't gotten back. Shallina, the mods head scripter, even chimed in telling me she thought the problem may be in one of the heartbeats.

Fun mod. Looking forward to it.

And yes, I can play at the earlier time, unless a kid makes the finals in a tournament.

Axe Edge
Expert Poster

Post by Axe Edge » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 am

Hi guys,

I think I scripted out the fatigue issue for BGR. The PCs and NPCs shouldn't become fatigued anymore. I left the coding that has the NPCs complain about being tired, needing rest, etc... I figure when we start seeing that stuff going on we should start finding a place to rest.

PMs sent concerning the "Disable Fatigue" files zipped (about 5 kb). Just unzip and put the entire folder (with its 4 files still within the folder) into your Documents/NWN2/override directory.

I did some testing. Please give it a whirl. :tongue:

I'm pretty sure only the server has to have these, though.

Edit:
Just tested the disabling fatigue scripts while playing multiplayer, with another PC logged into the server. They worked like a charm! Looking into the death script. I've been able to get rid of the multiplayer server kicking everyone when any PC dies. Now, the only thing I need to overcome is the entire party dying, after transitioning to a different area, when any party member is dead.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

7p to 9p tonight, right?

Mac

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Sorry. Yes, it's 7-9 EDT.

Axe Edge
Expert Poster

Post by Axe Edge » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:29 pm

Gulfwulf wrote:Sorry. Yes, it's 7-9 EDT.
Woohoo! Many thanks for the time change :)

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:19 pm

E and I are setup and we can both run the game, so hopefully there won't be any problems. Not that we've had a smooth first game day before...