NWN 2 - Sundays #2

Gulfwulf's Campaign
Gulfwulf
Forum God
NWN 2 - Sundays #2

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:20 pm

It looks like the author of the BG mod will be releasing a patch this weekend. Personally, I'm all for playing NWN 1's OC until all of the MP kinks are worked out - namely the dying while transitioning between areas. If the author(s) isn't interested in making the mod MP compatible, I can do that, but it'll take me some time. If we do play NWN 1, I say we keep the same characters and just start over. Tin, attached is the Prelude and Chapter 1 edits I've made: I've added the bleeding system, the emote and follow widgets, and the emote (*laugh*) commands.

What do you guys think?
Attachments
nwm.7z
(2.54MiB)Downloaded 679 times

Axe Edge
Expert Poster

Re: NWN 2 - Sundays #2

Post by Axe Edge » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Playing NWN sounds good, it'll be new to me. I never finished the OC, due to getting into the toolset (seems like forever ago).

I think I may have the dying in BGR worked out, but with my crazy work schedule this last week I wasn't able to do a MP test. After I do some work around the house, I'll be able to test. If my brother is unavailable, maybe one of you guys can log in before game time?
;)

Another good option is Storm of Zehir. I enjoyed it. The game starts of slightly wordy (after all, your shipwrecked with Volo, who is never its a loss for words). It has a major story arc, several smaller stories, many side quests, and just random encounters. The game is "open", allowing the party to get into huge trouble. It is best if the party has a ranger leading while on the overland map. Rangers increase the parties speed and allows for easier evasion (from roaming bands of monsters and bad guys).

When it comes right down to it, NWN is good. Always meant to go back and finish it so i could continue on to the expansions, especially HotU.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm for NWN 1 because I'm not crazy with the changes Obsidian made to the engine in #2. Anyway, our power went out, so we're more than likely not going to be playing tonight. Taking the week off will also give Mac time to chime in and let us see if we can figure out what's going on with BG. With the new patch coming out, I'd rather wait a few months before playing it again - maybe the MP issues can be worked out by then.

Axe Edge
Expert Poster

Post by Axe Edge » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Sounds great. Do I need anything? I think I have the latest CEP. Would you recommend The Q stuff?

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:26 pm

I didn't add CEP, Axe. All you need is the main game and both expansions. Only the host needs the files though.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Sorry I didn't check in sooner. I'm up for playing tonight or next week. 6:30pm Eastern time works well for me.

(NWN 1 is fine with me)
Last edited by tampamac2002 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Axe Edge
Expert Poster

Post by Axe Edge » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:52 pm

If the game is on, i can be logged in by 6:15 central. Let me know. :)

Next well is good. I'll practice NWN1

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Are we playing tonight at 6:30pm Eastern time?

Mac

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:37 pm

7pm, Mac.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:34 pm

Our portraits for tonight.
Attachments