Prologue

Greywolf McGrowler's Campaign

Moderator:Greywolf McGrowler

Greywolf McGrowler
Experienced User
Prologue

Post by Greywolf McGrowler » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:55 am

These are a few pages from Zarn's Journal. You can read the full entry in the game in one of his drawers in his house.

I just started to open the gate door to leave Duke Farnum's crypt when I saw the fog just roll in between my feet. Something was wrong; I could feel it in my old bones. I looked around, but saw no one. All the graves were quiet and peaceful just as they should be. Looking back into the crypt I thought of the work I did at placing some of the sweet smelling incense in front of the coffin. Then those flowers Dianna gave me from her flower garden to put in the vases in front of his platform he laid on. He may be dead, but he is still loved by the town.

Well, I thought I'd just lock the gate to the crypt and hurry my dedicated feet out of the cemetery for that uneasy feeling was coming back. I heard a rustle of noise from behind me somewhere in the cememtary. My heart began to beat like a huge brass drum even though an old man like myself shouldn't be afraid of anything; not even death. With fingers trembling I locked the metal door and as I began to turn around to head out of this dismal place; I felt a pain go through my hand. The keys dropped onto the ground and vanished into the mist that covered my feet. I looked at my hand in agony only to see a small arrow going through my palm.

Realizing what just had happened I scream in pain clutching my right hand with my left I begin to flee for the cemetery gates. I hear a whisper of air go by my ear. Knowing it must have been another arrow. I push the gate doors open with my body and fall onto the ground with a thud. Laying there for only a second I see a glimpse behind me of a little creature just a few feet in height,and dark orange in color. The little runt had a small patch of dark hair on his head with pointy ears and a couple of sharp canines protruding from the lips. I wasn't sure what it was, but it was about to bring his bow back up and draw another arrow.

I swung up and around the cemetery gate to hear a thud of an arrow hitting the wood behind me. Blood from my wound in my hand was slowly dripping out onto the ground. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to make it back to town alive. Jumping back onto my old creaking legs I pushed the doors shut hoping to buy myself some time. I ran as fast as I could back to town screaming for help. Looking ahead of me I saw the town walls beginning to appear. My soul felt there was some hope after all; until I suddenly fell to the ground. Screaming in pain worse than before I looked at my right leg only to see another arrow in my calf. All I could do is lay there looking at the gate of the town hoping someone .... Anyone heard me. Looking back from where I came there were four of those ugly runts coming after me. I knew that was the end of it all as everything turned dark and I felt my consciousness slip away.
Greywolf McGrowler