Escape from Chult Campaign

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Escape from Chult Campaign

Post by Lazybones » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:49 pm

We won't get back to this campaign for quite a while, yet, but I'm opening this thread now as a placeholder.

This thread will continue with the characters from Assault on Aldera. If anyone wants to build a new character they will start at 21,000xp (i.e., at 7th level). This one isn't as long as Aldera, but I expect that the average party level will hit 11th-12th by the end.

I am going to develop a final mod in the series to make it a trilogy. It will be called Lords of the Dark and will feature a return to the Underdark. I am going to use some of your character backgrounds as plot hooks so I may be in touch with some of you if I need clarification on anything you've posted thus far.

I am going to do away with both ECL (so everyone will earn XP equally) and light penalties from this point forward. We'll say that the time you have spent on the surface has helped you all adjust to living under the sun. The drow, especially, will continue to suffer pain in direct sunlight but won't suffer any in-game penalties.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Re: Escape from Chult Campaign

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:04 am

If new characters are starting at L7 can those who don't reach that get a boost? Not sure about everyone else and I need to check in game but Tian'ith may not hit L7 by the end of Aldera. *pretty please face*

Ending ECL is welcome I admit. It was a worthwhile experiment but I don't think it works well in standard NWN as the gains from the high ECL characters don't seem to balanced against the additional ability, feat and skill level gains for the higher class level of the low ECL ones. Guess NWN's just too far off PnP. C'est la vie, and fortunately the RP more than makes up for it. We're more than capable of RPing it but any level difference will play off nicely as a disadvantage in sunlight with the Drow. 8-)

Also the thought of inflicting more backstory on everyone through posts appeals mightily. :lol:

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Vanya Mia wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:04 am
If new characters are starting at L7 can those who don't reach that get a boost? Not sure about everyone else and I need to check in game but Tian'ith may not hit L7 by the end of Aldera. *pretty please face*
From my notes you should have about 23k xp now.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:14 pm

((Yeah, I leveled at the end of last session.))

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”