Saturday Morning Guns, Goblins, and Steel

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: Saturday Morning Guns, Goblins, and Steel

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm

+1000xp to Junter, Majid, Washington, and Magda for IC posting.

IP is 108.207.33.43:5121, usual password.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Because of the drops we're going to pick it up again next week at the crypt entrance. I'll tone down the vampire warriors a bit. No penalties for the character deaths.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Oh I see I got back and was alone facing three creatures. Well, good if we replay this but I would say if there was a TPK LB is not to blame. We still rush into combat against all odds like rookies playing DnD for the first time. A request to wait for dawn was ignored. Next we rushed into the crypt, Majid had not finished buffing the boys were already in melee. They simply rushed forward instead of trying to lure the monsters to us perhaps one at a time. OK, next time then. Have a good week everyone.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:27 am

There were no doors in the immediate are for choke points that I recall, and the corridor wasn't narrow enough to make any difference in hanging back vs advancing into the room. The Sarge, charging full speed ahead - as usual - left us little choice, but to follow, or face defeat piecemeal. While our lack of tactics certainly sped up our demise, the vamp warrior was pretty much a one man wrecking machine. With my AC he only missed on the roll of a 1 and dished out mega damage each time he hit me.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:35 pm

It was time to move and find the Lt. Majid paused for a moment almost in a trance. Was he "talking" with the trees? A moment later he looked around and they were gone. "Where are you guys?" He quickly followed their trail and eventually rejoined the group. It seems that they had found the place where the Lt might be kept. "Here you are. Anyone injured? Are we going in there now or do we wait for dawn? Do we need support? Let me call for support... How about a couple of bears? Do we need wooden skin magic? Stone skin magic? Do we need lightning magic? Holy water? Garlic? Crosses?"

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Garlic and water? do you intend to make soup? Hah! No, We need only destroy their physical forms, and then pursue the mists to their place of rest. A coffin or somesuch most likely. Once we destroy this container, and the creature is ended for good.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Maj, heck, do it all. The more mojo we got workin' for us the better, ya ask me. Can vampires control animals though? We tangled with some wolves earlier.

Junior frowned and wondered why he was mixed up with this again.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:19 pm

+1000xp for Junter, Majid, and Washington for IC posting.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Server is up at 108.207.38.61:5121
Usual password.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 pm

((Augh! I am no longer able to play next weekend, sudden change of plans. Sorry. :( ))

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”