Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread

Post by Lazybones » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:10 pm

In terms of the fighting, the first one to go to zero HP first loses. The priests will immediately try to intervene to stabilize someone once they fall; if they succeed then you were assumed to fall unconscious. If not (for example, if your opponent knocks you right to -8 and you die before they can get to you), then we'll assume that the blow was lethal. Some of the fighters just aren't good enough to do that much damage with a tournament weapon (which have significant penalties to damage).

Don't worry about holding back on NPCs; I'll revive them after the match if you "kill" them. If you end the fight on a massive critical I may adjudicate that they too suffered the final fate in the arena; them's the breaks even with blunted weapons.

EDIT: a fighter can also yield at any time, ending the fight.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Polytropos nods, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet, loosening up. "Yeah, I get that, Tel. Just trying to put all those times we've been stomped and beaten out of my head. First one to Hades gets the drinks?"

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:18 pm

+900xp for full-party IC posting.

Server is up at 108.201.218.232:5121 a bit early for set-up.
Passwords are same as always.

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:21 pm

"Pfft hades. You cover yourself in enough glory you get into the good parts of the afterlife!" He said, laughingly.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:27 pm

From what I've observed, the fighters haven't done anything unusual before heading out, so whatever it is, either's already been done by them or something maybe they're getting beyond our sight in the exit tunnel. The door here is unlocked, if you want to try something, but at this point I don't see what we can do.

Leo heads upstairs

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”