Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Gulfwulf
Forum God
Re: Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:35 pm

((I'll need some cash to place a bet, but we can trade before the game starts and say whoever gave me the money did back at the house.))

Damian watched the first fight with little interest. It was liking watching a rabbit and a wolf fight, with little doubt as to who was the rabbit and who was the wolf. The next fight proved a bit more interesting because it was one of Eumenius's fighters. Damian watched the fight careful, frowning when Haemon struck the helpless Lukas across the throat with the shaft of his trident. "If this is the honor of our combatants, maybe we should have stayed out of the games" Damian muttered to himself. Sighing, he jiggled his full coin purse and went off in search of Hasdrubal to place a bet on Andreas. It's a good thing I'm spending Andreas' coin and not my own, he thought to himself. As good as Andreas is, Eumenius's fighters are dirty. He hoped he wouldn't have to visit the temple again during the games because he doubted they had enough money to pay for another resurrection. I should have listened to you, Ismene, and become a priest as well. Ah well, we all make our decisions in life and I can't regret mine.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 am

Hasdrubal offers Damian the following odds. The individual fight pairings are not announced in advance, so he'll give 1 to 1 on any given fight that involves one of your party versus one of Eumenius's men, or 3 to 2 if it involves Bloody Haemon.

For the final victor (winner of the Golden Crown), he offers the following odds:

Telemachus: 4 to 1
Andreas: 5 to 1
Polytropos: 6 to 1
Kataramene: 10 to 1

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:52 pm

((10 to 1? Can she have a barbarian rage item if she ever finds out? :D ))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:58 am

Hey all, I just wanted to give a heads-up that I've been having some Internet connectivity issues. It's sporadic and it only disconnects me briefly, but be aware that I might lose you during the game. If that happens I'll post the new IP here as soon as it refreshes.

LB

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:42 am

"Ah ah I'm the first to go!" said Andreas apparently oblivious to the poor fighters taken out of the arena by the priests.

It was a bit of an act though, he was still a bit nervous. For all he knew, the giant was stronger and probably more resilient than him.
To win this fight he would need to rely on his speed, agility and his ability to deal precise blows making the opponent enable to fight back. All that was easier said than done.

"May Zeus favor us!"

OOC

How much are we betting? 100 per head? More?

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:08 am

Mirgalen wrote:How much are we betting? 100 per head? More?
((However much you want to spare, Mirg.))

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Telemachus watches the preliminaries quietly. He growls quietly as they bring the body of the dead Hebrew past, their fight had been closer, but Haemon seemed to have killed him intentionally.
He turned to the other fighters and spoke softly "Remember, they probably still have some sort of magical advantage, but I doubt they've spent the same amount of time as us in life or death combat. They might be happy enough to kill their opponents, but up until now most of their opponents have probably held back. From the looks of them there's no magical effect granting them superior brains, so make use of all the little tricks we've picked up along the way."

// How are we managing the fights, like at what point are we considering it to have killed an opponent? Tel wouldn't intentionally kill someone, but when do I stop hitting them, when they surrender? Or are we counting 0 as unconscious?

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Leonaidas whispers to the sorceress, I don't see any point of remaining here. We can't get thru the door and the big guard is directly beyond it and would undoubtedly notice us, even if we could. I'm guessing breaking into another team's area would be frowned on by the organizers and likely lead to our teams disqualification at the minimum. I'm heading back upstairs where I can at least watch the games.

ooc: I will head up to the stands unless Eleni posts something which might persuade me to do otherwise.

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:59 pm

This was going to be tricky.

Her cloaking spells were working as intended, but they wouldn't get her through walls. The matches had already started; quite possibly, it was already too late to stop whatever cheating had been planned.

But Eleni was almost as stubborn as she was curious.

"We just need a way in, Leo. If we can move across the arena, or maybe get some kind of distraction to keep this guy away from the door... Gods damn it, we can at least figure out what they're /doing/ in there."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Also watching the body of the Hebrew go past with a look of possible anger in her eyes, Kataramene then nodded at Telemachus's comment.

"The problem is we don't know if they have used whatever advantage they are supposed to have, or whether that fight was not deemed worth using it." She shook her head. "We know some tricks, and I'll be damned if I intend to go easy on these men, but they are trained fighters who may be well aware of them. It would be really useful to know what this advantage is, so I truly hope Eleni and Leo come up with something fast."

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”