Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread #2

Moderator:Lazybones

Topato
Extreme Poster
Re: Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread #2

Post by Topato » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:52 pm

"Lets hope this doesn't take too long." Telemachus said. "The round trip alone could cost us almost a month. I doubt we'll be able to pull off the Heracles sham too well either, they'll probably remember us from the last time we were here. And gods alone know how we're going to get a giant bloody bull home on a boat." Tel sighed. "This is getting to be a real inconvenience"

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:19 pm

+1650xp for full-party IC posting.

Server IP is 108.204.120.190:5121
PWs are same as always.

We'll begin with your ship arriving in the harbor at Knossos.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 am

"Capturing the bull and bringing it back was easier than what we had anticipated, don't you think?"

Andreas smiled.

"Even those trying to stop us did not give us too much trouble, perhaps they were expecting one man or should I say Demigod alone not the joyful party that we are."

Andreas was happy, perhaps a bit concerned about what would happen to the oversized bovine but that was beyond his control.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:57 pm

"Yes it was easy", Damian replied. "Eleni is becoming very proficient in taming savage beasts. Let us hope that she does not turn her sights on any of us." He grinned then frowned. "In all seriousness, we've had a relatively easy time with these trials, but I fear that they will only get worse as the king decides that he's not giving 'Heracles' enough of a challenge. Let us hope that we can overcome any hurdles he throws at us."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:34 am

"Oh, fear not," Eleni smiled. "I've got all of you wrapped around my fingers already. Why waste any spells? So long as you all remain good little boys and girls, of course."

"But yes - while this was surprisingly easy, the voyage certainly took up enough of our time. And a journey to Thrace will probably take even longer. I'm sure that's precisely the idea."

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:32 am

Leoniadas smiled, "Why does anyone need to know how easy the task was? We could take some poetic license and say it was near impossible; the king need never know the truth, though I suppose the gods or goddesses might let on to their followers." He shrugged and stretched out in a sunny spot on the deck to nap.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:21 pm

"Good boys and girls? Us? Ha!" Polytropos seems amused. "Well, not me anyway, I've got a reputation to consider. No feminine wile can tame this stallion."

The young hero stands proud, perhaps oblivious to any eye-rolls or shakes of the head. "And yeah! We can embellish the tales a bit... when Heracles finally gets free, we'll be able to spread the truth and let it be known we did the impossible to save the day... won't we?"

"I mean... we've got to get SOMETHING out of this. Flesh-eating horses, people."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Katamarene looked at Eleni, obviously framing something to say while Leonidas spoke, which switched sharply to Polytropos upon his words.

"Well if you're such an untamable stallion," she snapped, "maybe you can seduce them? I'm quite sure it'll be as easy for you as it was for Eleni once you show them who's in charge." She tossed her head imperiously looking away. "In the meantime the rest of us can thinking up ways to embellish the story. I'm sure it'll go down well as an inn tale somewhere." She snorted. "Polytropos and the man-eating mares. I can see the pictographs now."

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Polytropos blinks, before folding his arms, letting stubbornness win out over caution. "Well, maybe I will," he insists. "I dragged that bull all the way back to Knossos, maybe I CAN win over a herd of angry mares. Wherever they might be."

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:15 pm

"The bull might not have been that hard, but the Assassins waiting for us nearly killed us." Tel chimed in. "We're going to have to be more on guard for similar attempts. We can expect that the closer we get to completing the tasks the more they'll try to stop us. We're going to need to hire guards for the villa and the village, and take more care to keep a careful watch at night."

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”