Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread #3

Moderator:Lazybones

Vanya Mia
Forum God
Re: Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread #3

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:22 pm

"I'd like a chance to warm up before the bout," Kataramene said, "at he every least. stretch a little and prepare. Is someone able to help me do so?" She looked around. "I can't do it here so I think I will try for the contestants room and hope."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:23 pm

((Augh, yes dammit. The password is currently "play" as I forgot to change it from the automatic one. Will leave it at that for now.))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:57 am

Kataramene entered the arena full of confidence. As Zokos was nowhere to be found and reported as sick the old priest of Poseidon took his place in the arena. The Huntress, priestess of Artemis showed up with an impressive bow. The fight between the two women did not last. The old man was praying oblivious to the ongoing combat. The huntress tried to use magic and move around to shoot but Kataramene easily cornered and neutralised her. Soon after gigantic water monsters appeared most likely summoned by the old priest. The strangest thing followed, Kat, had some trouble with the first creature but eventually "flushed it away" before doing the same with the second creature who - it seems - had drowned the motionless old priest.

Kataramene was unstoppable and Andreas tried to guess how long he would last against her in a similar straight forward fight.
Now that she had won, a temple of Hermes would have to be built and Andreas was happy about that even if Kat was chosen to fight instead of him.

Soon after leaving the arena, the happy band of heroes travelled to the mountain to revisit the magic forge...

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:33 am

"I have a question." While they rested Kataramene's eyes had been on the entrance to the room as often as on the portal before them. Looking out into the dark of the Forge's corridors, keeping her gaze away from the light as much as possible in order to prevent their adjusting. Her head tilting as if listening occasionally. Watching and waiting for something with a tinge of anxiety entering her expression as the time lengthened.

"We've taken on everything that has been thrown at us, and defeated it - one way or another. Yes, we've required the help of the gods in pointing us the right way," she continued. "In ensuring we've got what we need, or we are able to get where we need to go, to get the task done but it's been us taking them on all the way down the line. We just took on legends and demi-gods in the arena before Nike and barely faltered."

"What if this is a trap? What if, in the end, she knew we would do this and face her here? What if this is a double bluff and the intention is to get us through there," she gestured at the portal and swallowed hard and stared off into the darkness, "away from everything and everyone we hold dear, and if she can't kill us just trap us there? Even though it's because once we remove what is preventing the portal from closing we can no longer use it ourselves."

"Well ... maybe more than one question but this is the real one. What if we've just gotten to big for this mortal world, and what if - what if - the other gods agree?"

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 am

((As an additional note, the UK turns the clock back this weekend, which I think is the same for Shadani. If US go back to DST on the 2nd that just leaves next weekend where times will vary from usual. I have no problem with the game being earlier for us Europeans, or an hour later for the US, so I guess it depends on whether it's a problem for Karv or whether US folk want an extra hour in bed! :D ))

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Eleni pondered this for a few moments. Then, she shrugged.

"That is vaguely plausible," she said. "But I cannot imagine it will actually change what we mean to do, yes? We have never been able to let sleeping dogs lie; let things that might threaten innocent lives be. It is part of what makes us.... well. Us. If we do end up trapped elsewhere, well... I suppose we'll see what are options are then, won't we?

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:09 pm

You worry too much! Anyway if there's a way in there's a way out. Even if we had to spend a few weeks beating up little metal dwarves until one of them told us how.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Elsewhere, along the Corinth-Argos road, a borrowed horse gallops like the Furies were chasing it, ridden by a young warrior in green. And so far, he's muttered to himself all the way...

"Take them all to Hades, a man goes looking to get a surprise ready and score himself some grapes for just a few minutes and his friends travel half the land, what is the Pelopennese coming to...?"

RogueZair
Experienced User

Post by RogueZair » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Zokos had departed just before sunrise the morning of the arena fights in a small sail boat for what he called, "a short sail to clear his head." He had promised to return in time for the events of the day, and when he did not return the rumor that he was ill started somewhere. It was never clear who started it, but it spread and stuck.

Just before dawn the next morning he returned. Although he had made it to the Hero's quarters with little commotion, he was not able to enter the sleeping area of the battle hardened company without rousing everyone. He was clearly dehydrated and looked like he had not slept since his departure.

"Poseidon spoke to me..." he said slowly, with an air of satisfaction or contentment. After a small pause and a friendly smile at Kataramene, he continued, "I sailed into beautiful seas yesterday morning, with every intent on returning to fight. But currents and winds came up that should not have been there, they swept me far from shore and I was powerless to change my heading!"

After a drink of water, Zokos sits and looks at the rest of his new friends, and with force he says again, "Poseidon spoke to me. In the night. Under the stars in the middle of the sea...." His eyes loose focus slowly as he remembers, "With no land in sight, I could see nothing but stars and waves...."

Snapping back to his audience, "He laughed at my conviction! He laughed that I would hesitate to fight for him! He called wind and waves as high as houses! The sea shook under my boat! But I was not destroyed. After a time, all was calm, only the stars and calm waves remained in a clear night sky. Poseidon laughed at me, and then smiled. He told me that he saw my intent despite my conviction against fighting my friend. He said I was a funny mortal, but that I served him well enough."

With that Zokos stands, walks to his bed, and collapses there asleep within moments.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Leonaidas watched the portal and wondered what they would find beyond. They'd managed to clear out the horde of metal warriors infesting the forge, but the sorceress seemed to think they would have to push through to portal to prevent further swarms from coming through. He wasn't looking forward to that at all. Maybe they would find some decent loot at least?

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”