Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread #3

Moderator:Lazybones

smartalec
Extreme Poster
Re: Heroes of the Peloponnese Game Thread #3

Post by smartalec » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:35 pm

"This does it," said Polytropos. "This really does it. You know what, fine, stygian horror can push us around Thrace or Krete or the edges of the world. It can push us around in Tartarus. Whatever. But nothing, nothing - I don't care how ancient and slimy - gets to push us around on the doorsteps of our adopted home city!" Polytropos hefts his goo-splattered shield. "Going to take these garnets and shove them somewhere even a slime monster isn't going to appreciate!"

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Leonaidas didn't like slimes; they dirtied his clothes and boots and smelled awful. They didn't seem much affected by his regular arrows, so he had tried some ice ones - which did work, but they were running low. He wondered if there were any creatures that feasted on these things. If so, turning a few loose might save a lot of aggravation. Of course the time and energy needed to collect such might not make it a very practical option. He hoped there weren't too many left to dispatch, but he tended to doubt they'd be so lucky.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:25 pm

A similarly irritable Kataramene nodded firmly at Pol. "Wish we hadn't sold that hammer now, as splatting them might have been more effective than this sword when trying to embed the stones deeply."

"There's a games to fight in." She said, scraping goo off her shield with her sword and flicking the weapon with an expert twitch to her wrist, flinging the slime at the cave wall. "And I need time to get home, bathe, clean this armour, and look like a warrior again - or at least what they think they should look like, as a warrior isn't one unless they've been up to their arse in crap at some point - but you know what I mean."

The woman gave a sharp snort. "These are are in our way. Let's move them."

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Telemachus catches up to the party and studies the slime-covered figures.
"Did I miss a party or something?"

//sorry, scheduling is awful at the moment. been trying to get Saturdays off consistently so I can at least lead a semblance of a normal social life.

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:02 pm

"Yes," Eleni said, dryly, flicking a sizable gob of ooze towards the general direction of Telemachus. "We have just spent the last few hours being digested by ooze monsters for our amusement, as is the way of our people. Aren't you sad you missed it?"

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:15 pm

((Server is up, same connection stuff I believe.))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:16 pm

+1700xp for Telemachus, Leonidas, Eleni, Polytropos, Andreas, and Kataramene.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:17 pm

((Server is up, same connection stuff I believe.))

RogueZair
Experienced User

Post by RogueZair » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Zokos looks up from his prayers as the group gets ready to move back down the cave, "There was something in that deep cave, I think. Maybe something creating or controlling the slimes." Standing, he wipes the slime off his shield on the cave wall. "Also, it was the big clouds that seemed to be the most dangerous."

Looking thoughtfully at Kataramene, "I too have games to fight in, it would seem. Regardless of the challenge, I will not shirk my duty to Poseidon if that is the path I must tread."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Okay, so no session on Oct 4, we'll resume on Oct 11 with Ghosts of the Arena.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”