Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Vanya Mia
Forum God
Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Opening her eyes Shanni sat back on her heels after completing the cleansing ritual on the last of the stricken villagers. She brushed her hair back from her eyes and lifted her head to scan the rows of cots within the makeshift infirmary of the long hall. The afflicted were all sleeping naturally now the sweats were gone and the hacking coughs replaced with regularly breathing. Worn from lack of sleep that came from nursing their family and neighbors a few tired carers walked between their patients, aiding the local priest in ensuring they were comfortable and checking those who stirred in their slumber.

Pushing herself to her feet she walked down the rows herself, gathering the most weary of the carers one by one and directing them to take a rest while she and others continued the vigil. Finding a spot at the end of the hall she sat cross-legged with her back resting on the wall and meditated, breathing deeply and allowing her mind to drift as her lips moved in a silent litany of prayer.

After a while she frowned and stuck a finger in her ear, wiggling it a little before returning to the relaxed pose. A matter of minutes later she frowned again, this time shaking her head and rubbing her ear before allowing herself to drift again. It was but a few moments later that she winced visibly.

"Augh, what the hells?" Shanni muttered repeating the wiggling of the finger in her ear. Rolling her eyes and sighing deeply she pushed herself to her feet. "I swear, one of these days...." she muttered again, leaving the threat unfinished, before turning to locate the local priest and walking over to him.

"I'm sorry Father Mayweather but I have to go," she informed him. "The Temple will come again if called but I need to find my sister." Shanni wiggled her finger in an ear again. "If only to tell her to shut up."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:34 am

"He's not a demon," Nihmri said. "He's a yu - you know what? Never mind. It doesn't really matter at this point. But yes. We've got what we need."

She looked at those gathered, frowned. Then, she laughed. How exactly this tremendously unlikely band of nobodies had made it this far was a mystery no one was likely to ever solve.

"We have enough time to recover from that mess just now, at least," she said. "Give Suula a chance to pester her sister into doing right by her friends, too."
Last edited by Shadani on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:56 pm

A bunch of Slaadi. Alty had met a few of them already. The Green ones were the soldiers. The toughest were the Black and the White Slaad yet Alty did not remember for sure if the former or the later slaadi were the leaders.

The fight took place in Pandemonium a place Alty had ventured into when travelling from Arborea to Acheron, or perhaps it was the way around. Alty wanted to grab his journal to verify but was interrupted by the others.

// I may have posted earlier but forgot to press submit. A good thing I cam back to check.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:41 pm

+2200xp for Toric, Slade, Althor, Nihmri, and Shanni for IC posting this week.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:03 pm

((Server is up, usual details.))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Awesome campaign, everyone. Kudos for great roleplaying all around.

LB

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Down to you for giving us a platform! Here's to the next!

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:56 am

Another great campaign.

Thanks LB and everyone else.

Looking forward to the next one.

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 pm

It was a lot of fun. I love these epic stories that go from 1 to 20+.

I think Amathain would have carried on adventuring, I don't see a retirement for a man like that. Perhaps if age or infirmity forced him to take on a teaching role or something, otherwise he'd probably die in harness. He'd be content though, I think.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”