Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Topato
Extreme Poster
Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by Topato » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:30 am

"I'm glad we were able to convince the Red Wizards to withdraw, but it might have been too easy. We will have to watch our backs as we proceed, and when we try to leave with the axe."

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 pm

"Maybe spare a bit of focus for actually getting through alive first?" Suula interjected cattily. "All this 'when', but it#s just as often been 'if' with us. Your people are seriously impressively paranoid, Toric. This was just the entrance hall as far as I can tell."

"And see, if we'd have killed those wizards while their big constructs were busy, we wouldn't be having this talk. We wouldn't be worrying. They were Thayan Red Wizards, they surely deserved it for something... and down here, no-one would find them til they were bones. Now they'll be scheming to ambush someone else next week."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:37 pm

"Nothing is ever certain," Nihmri said. "But that's no reason not to plan ahead. Even if some wily troublemaker of a goddess winds up making things more interesting than they have to be as often as not."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:51 pm

Session 91

+3300xp for full-party IC posting this week.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:23 pm

((We had an outage so in case it changed. 82.42.124.25, usual password))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:12 am

The team went further down in the giant dwarven complex facing more and more constructs and some animated weapons. Toric found some nice equipment but there was nothing much down there for the rest of the team. Back in Evereska the team did the usual barter with the few merchant. Alty spent some time admiring the unique architecture of the place. Large houses high up in the trees connected by bridges. It was simply amazing...

//

Should lvl up (assuming everyone do post) if I can arrive on time. Yesterday I left work 2 good hours before the session and I barely made it.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:09 am

Many destroyed constructs later, Toric was the proud new owner of the Dwarven battle axe they'd been sent to find. Slade scouted far ahead as the party headed back out. He was fully expecting the Thayians to be awaiting in ambush somewhere along the way, so ventured slowly and cautiously, stopping to look and listen every so often for hidden foes. However, somewhat to his surprise - and relief, no hostiles were around at all. An Elven scout was waiting with peguses just outside the stronghold to take them winging back to the Elven city. That trip was also short and uneventful. Slade found the flying addicting and was a bit sad to bid his mount farewell. A few other odds and ends were picked up along the way, but nothing of any real use to Slade. He did, however, have long sword and shield passed on to him by others which upgraded his deadliness in those rare instances when he might have to fight hand-to-hand.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Suula shivered and coughed up water, hugging herself. "So this is the Undermountain? Why not, we've been to every other dangerous spot this side of the Anauroch. The dwarf hall was bad, you could expect that to be bad, but this place, it has a reputation. I wouldn't be surprised if that murderous little sea cave entrance there was put in and advertised as a 'secret way in' just to give more idiots a false sense of security when they came here."

"You know, like us," she added, adjusting her breastplate irritably.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Toric slapped Suula hard on the back a few times. "Got it all, lass? Don't need ye drownin' in 'ere 'bove water 'n all." He grinned and looked around. So this be the famous Undermountain, eh? Don't look much different than any other cave we've been in. Still, place 'as a reputation we should respect if'n we wanna get out 'live. 'Course me new ax'll 'elp with that. Won't ye?" He swung the ax a few times. "Oh yeah, ye surely will."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:39 am

"Oh, dear. Toric's talking to his axe, now. Should we be worried? I think we should be worried. In my experience, it's only a matter of time before that sort of thing leads to wearing your pants on your head to stop the Zhentarim mind-control rays and trying to make jerky out of every elf you know."

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”