Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by Lazybones » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Session 94

+2200xp for Slade, Althor, Nihmri, and Suula for IC posting this week.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Session postponed due to only 4 players showing up.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 pm

//Sorry, I slept in. :sleep:

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:54 am

As the team decided to rest and discuss what to next which was better than going forward blindly only to fall into the next trap. Alty decided to check his arrows, who knows perhaps he could trade some with the other shooters. He had plenty of mundane arrows to enchant and a few acid, fire, ice and electric arrows. He also had a few exotic arrows like fear arrows, petrification and even some "Arrows of Shadow". He had not use his magical arrows in a while since they were not that effective against the foes they were now facing. He was still looking forward to create "slaying arrows". Right now he was not ready. He was a great archer but he would have to get better. Alty felt that was yet greater danger ahead and that slaying arrows could help the group and he feared that he would not be able to master the creation of such arrows in time...

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:14 pm

"You know, it might be better if they don't," Suula went on to Nihmri. "Stories about returning the Gods to their place are almost always about one thing, and that's... sacrifice. No doubt this bald fiend has Bad Plans, but have they really told you what'll be expected if you go through with yours? Do you know what'll be asked of you?"

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Nihmri laughed. "My mistress is a goddess of mystery, if you'll recall," she said. "What fun would it be if she told me everything?"

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:00 pm

"Agreed, we should contact our allies, both mortal and divine. I will pray for guidance. We might also look into ways of tracking this creature, it is powerful and is moving with great haste, perhaps it will be careless."

//I have to work Saturday morning, but I should be done in time to run home for the game. If I'm late or absent then things didn't go as planned however.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:30 pm

+2200xp for Althor, Nihmri, Suula, and Amathain for IC posting.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:18 am

So the team headed back to Sigil in search of clues related to their pursuit of the demon with delusions of divinity. Slade had hoped to find some useful items to spend his hoarded gold on, but was disappointed in what little he had time to peruse. Then, it was on with the mission. They found a fortress swarming with Slaad which Slade found easy to riddle with arrows to deadly effect. The three rulers of the place, on the other hand, proved much tougher, and after expending considerable time and arrows to minimal effect, he focused his efforts on providing first aid to the team members locked in combat. This proved to be a better use of his time, and eventually all three were hacked down. Still, he wasn't really sure this had gotten them any closer to their quarry, who wasn't there himself.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Toric looked at the shattered crystal. "This gonna be 'nough ta get us where we want ta be, Nih? That don't look like much." He looked at Suula. "I'm sure the whole crystal orb woulda been better." He turned back to the pieces and shrugged. "Ah, well. What's done is done. So long as I get ta put me boot up that demon's arse, I don't really care 'ow we get there. We ready ta go, lass? Time's a wasting!"

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”