Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:47 pm

((Up again.))

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:02 pm

@Topato:

I found a possible solution to your sound issue from this thread:
I tried all of the fixes in this post but found that the game would only work with sound completely disabled. As I understand it, NWN sometimes has issues with Realtek onboard sound chips, which I have. The solution was to delete the following files from my 'GOG Games\NWN Diamond\miles' folder:

msssoft.m3d
Msseax.m3d
mssds3d.m3d
Mssa3d.m3d

After deleting these files, the games runs fine with sound under RAD Game Tools or DirectSound3D in the sound options. I'm running Windows 10.

Hope that helps someone.
@Karvon: make sure you have the latest drivers for both your sound and video from the manufactures and not Windows update because MS has a tendency to screw up drivers. Also, try reinstalling DirectX 9.0c. Even if you've already done so, installing it again won't hurt anything. Also, it's fully capable of running on machines with DirectX 11 installed (11 comes with Win10 by default).

I hope this stuff helps, guys.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:23 am

After the big mountain and the prison break the team ventured in a desert.
They found a few trinkets but nothing good for "Alty" except a few arrows.

// Forgot what we did already.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Toric turned to the dragon-kin. "Oi! Sorry 'bout not recognizing ye earlier, lad, but it'd be kinda hard when yer face was smashed in. Sorry 'bout that, but ye know 'ow the sisters get." He glanced meaningfully at them. "Anyway, ye're gonna teleport us to some elven city, eh? Can't say as that I'm particularly pleased 'bout that, but just about anywhere's better than 'ere. Just why these stupid cults hafta set up shop in musty old dungeons and rotting crypts is beyond me. Guess they like the atmosphere."

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 am

"Does it have to be elves?" Suula whined, while adjusting the straps - or lack of them - on the armour she'd taken from the cult leader. "They're so pretty and happy and judge-y and fresh and... and frankly, I'm with Toric, their whole thing just makes me feel a bit ill. All thin and weird. No offence, Slade."

She sighed, looking down at the armoured-plate-and-chain, still tinted a bright metallic red." Honest opinion. Does this look too tacky? For elves, that is? I'm not going to Elf Town and being thought tacky."

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:39 am

The elves are great crafters of magic; we might well be able to find some very useful items in such a place as well as a market for the odds and ends we've collected. Elven sages might have some useful knowledge as well to aid us on our way forward.

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 am

"The next-closest major city would be... Scornubel or Suzail, I think?" Nihmri said, going over the notes from the cult leaders once again. She barely bothered looking up. "And those are oh, about twelve times as far away as Everska. Across miles and miles of marshland and wilderness. Some mountains, too, if you're getting homesick. Besides, we might have some favours we could call in, and Slade, shockingly, has a good point - elven mages could be of great help in recharging our Staff of Going Just About Anywhere we Like in Seconds. So. We're going to Evereska."

"Also, you look lovely."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:03 pm

"You really trust Nim's opinion there," Shanni said, looking guiltily at the dragon blood and obviously avoiding commenting on Toric's opinion. With the option of taking a dig at Suula seeming an excellent diversionary tactic, she continued.

"I mean, she's rarely a good word for you and you believe her that you look lovely in whore scarlet with dyed white hair? They may have nice things in Evereska but I think you might find yourself being asked to show traders your coin first before they allow you to examine any goods. I'd pull your brown drab over it, that may help."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:12 pm

((Posting on behalf of Topato as he is on mobile only and the site won't let him post.))

"The city of the elves is undoubtedly our surest bet for magical aid and a fast means of returning to the temple. Besides, wouldn't you appreciate a bath and an actual bed after all of that?"

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”