Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Topato
Extreme Poster
Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by Topato » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 am

"As much as I hate to play the cynic, I'm starting to see their point. It's possible that we're being intentionally side tracked. We should keep our wits about us, if we're being lead off in the wrong direction we may have to ignore further diversions. We have a duty to the mission as well."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:15 am

"This place was built to be a deathtrap for adventurers," Nihmri said. "It doesn't strike me as much of a stretch to say that all of these poor, desperate souls are a part of that design. That's certainly how I'd do it, and I know a thing or two about misdirection."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:00 am

Session 93

+3300xp for full-party IC posting this week.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:08 pm

((Server is up))

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:44 am

The party continued searching Undermountain for the legendary magical font where they might recharge some of their items, most importantly the teleporting artifact. A ghost offered to give them directions in exchange for recovering its bones, so the party descended into a tomb complex and destroyed assorted zombies, skeletons and and shadowy creatures as they searched for the missing bones. On returning these, the ghost motioned towards a door, promising what we sought lay that way. Sure enough, a few dispatched constructs later found the group in a chamber with a font. After a bit of debate the sorcerer dunked a couple of items, the teleportation amulet and a rod of resurrection, into the fount and confirmed the magic had worked, though the fount's powers were depleted for who knows how long afterwards. Further debate ensued on where to go next; some argued for Waterdeep, others for return to the temple. For the moment, the group decided to retrace its steps and see what else lay about in the immediate area. Wandering eventually led us back to the Kenku party encountered earlier, where it was decided to stop for a rest. On arising, several members related bad dreams about the temple, so it was decided to return there immediately via the teleportation device.

On arrival, it was immediately evident that all was not well; many of the staff were found petrified in the entrance hall, bound by a circle of magical crystal. The party began an immediate sweep of the premises for clues to the cause and cure of the problem. Slade slipped upstairs searching for signs of the solution. He snuck up on and slew a Tifling Knight standing in hallway, but found no other evidence of intruders, so returned to the lower floor and made his way into the basement. A quick look around showed some signs of fighting and he hurried on to the catacombs beneath the temple. Here, he eventually caught up with the rest of the group who'd dealt with other intruders and headed to a small collection of evil shrines. On arrival, they found an imp imprisoned in a ward in the middle of the antechamber. He attempted to negotiate his release with the party, but was ignored for the most part as they tackled the individual shrine/tombs. Eventually, the found the source of the energy, a dark crystal - smashed by Toric the Dwarf, but the imp got freed and escaped when one of the spells inadvertently broke his ward. Retracing their steps upstairs, the party found the imprisoning enchantment broken and the staff recovering from their ordeal.

The party had picked a bit of treasure, but nothing of particular interest to Slade. Hopefully, the gold gotten when the trinkets were sold off would enable him to get some more useful items down the road.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:51 am

After spending some time in Alastair's maze, the devoted decided to teleport back to the Temple of All Faiths. Apparently a few members of the group feared an imminent attack on the temple and whoever happened to be there at the time. The vision was correct, the temple was under attack and several people were petrified by a kind of spell linked to a device that had to be found and destroyed. The search took the team back into the catacombs. Alty had not seen that part yet as if the temple was not big enough already. The team managed to overcome both traps and enemies to destroy the source of the petrification effect going back to the main hall they found the people free and safe. Alty wondered what they would do next...

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:51 am

// wont be able to make tomorrow, getting dragged to a work do.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:19 am

((Am away for two weeks but have checked the ports, set up the server and am leaving it running. Usual password and connection. UK guys should be able to get in touch with one or the other of my lads should my machine need to be reset.

Consider Shanni mislaid or kept back to help in some fashion, whatever suits you LB. Don't have too much fun while I am gone!))

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Justice, reversed, has come, Suula thought to herself. Turning from responsibility... bringing consequence unforeseen. "I wonder what mess the Thayan will cause for us soon," she quips, lightly kicking the body of the obscenely bloated creature that had been Travaris of the Spur as it was hefted out of the main hall, to the outside, and the cliffs. "Is there any idea of where to go from here? What to do? Anything at all? To have all this power," she indicated the staff in Nihmri's hands, "and for it to be almost useless is maddening. How do we make it work for us?"

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:15 pm

"We may have to... make some calls," Nihmri said, her expression more stern than it had been in some time. "See what our allies have learned. It's clear that our enemies will not rest on their laurels. Neither should we."

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”