The Dragon's Village 2017

Moderator:Lazybones

Topato
Extreme Poster
Re: The Dragon's Village 2017

Post by Topato » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:37 am

The battle was close run and Tian was worried for his injured comrades. Through magic they were well enough to continue the quest, and continue they must, for it was too important to the fate of the land to faulter. However the wounds of spirit can be deep, one does not touch death lightly.

//I am not wasting any more time on this. You already had your IC fight to settle it, which I didn't really want to do but felt pushed into. You'll get the next one we find.
Might be worth noting though that all of the good quality kamas have been story related rewards, the first two were in Tians background quest and the most recent was a gift from the builders we rescued, specifically the ones Tian spent time freeing and talking to while Tenko ran off to explore and loot on his own (again). Maybe focus a bit more on character development and the story, and you might find sympathetic DMs reward that.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Once more Huo Da fell. Once more he took a brief journey towards the next life. And once more he was yanked away from this journey to return to his previous life.

Memories of that journey began to slip from him again almost immediately upon his return, but he felt he could recall more than he could the last time he fell, which was perhaps a sign, albeit he was not sure on whether bad or good.

It seemed that the battle was over as Huo Da gathered himself and surveyed the battleground. They had won, it seemed, but there would be more to come. Soon they would be entering their attacker's territory, once they got past the Guardians.

/// As I have just recently joined the campaign I don't really know the situation too well so I don't feel comfortable saying much about it. I will note though that there does seem to be some noticable tension, at least from my point of view.

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Ning gave Moriko a fond but weary smile. "That's good," she said. "It's good to know where it is you want to be. Where you need to be."

She sighed, and her eyes turned to the mountain.

"Whatever is responsible for us, I doubt there is any chance it won't be ready for us. But that doesn't really matter at this point, does it? Our path is clear."

((I'd suggest the easy answer here might be that somebody ask LB for a respec, as it feels like their build didn't really turn out the way they'd hoped. That feels like it wouldn't solve any underlying issues here, however.))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:13 pm

Session 26

+1200xp for full party posting.

RE the inter-party squabbling: I have tried to remain neutral to this point but I am just as annoyed as everyone else. Mirgalen, your behavior has become disruptive, beyond in-character issues. If you can't get over it then you are out of the campaign.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm

((Server is up))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:42 am

With the necklace given by the witch, the group entered a place where they met some spirits. After talking or defeating them they entered white realm before entering a dark realm. In the later one some guardians attacked them. After finding a way out they ended up in a forest. Two tiny creatures in a grove welcomed them. The tiny King and Queen mentioned that a Oni had invaded their realm. It was most likely the one who was the cause of the trouble in the home land. Soon they would face that Demon and whatever minions he had to protect him.

OOC
First, apologies to anyone I may have offended in one way or another that was certainly not the intention.
If LB or any player think I should not continue this campaign I shall respect that decision.

Now if I am allowed to say something. I will try to keep it short.

a. NWN encourages party with a mix of fighter/rogue/cleric/mage. We do that the best we can.
b. Tenko is your basic stealthy character. Not too talkative (Dex Based Dual Kamas focused pure monk).
c. Apparently switching character during a campaign (e.g. paladin to archer) is a bad idea.

Happy Easter!

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:08 am

The party hacked and slashed its way thru various guardians alive and dead and found themselves in another woodland realm ruled by some tiny humans. Apparently the demon they were chasing was troubling them as well, but, if the group could do a favor or two, then they could get a map or something from these tiny folk to lead them to the demon. Why was this scheme sounding so familiar to Gojiro?

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:26 am

Moriko skipped and danced as they walked, laughing merrily and spinning with arms raised to the warm light emitted by no particular source. Chasing every butterfly, smelling every flower, tracing her fingers across any tree in their path and petting every small creature they came near. As far from the previous somewhat anxious behaviour as she could get. Until eventually Master rumbled somewhat firmly. She looked at him then at the others and bit her lip.

"Oh yes, I forgot," she responded with a chastised expression, seemingly in reply, "I will remember." But a few steps on began skipping again.

((I thought LB's response would draw a line under this and it seemed to in game but obviously it hasn't. I don't understand what you're trying to say with the a, b and c comments nor why this has become a problem after 8 years of play, I just know I'm sorely sick of the situation.))

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Huo Da was quite pleased with the recent turn of events. They made it through the temple at the top of the mountain with relative ease and then discovered the cause of the spirit invasion. And they were even able to determine how to fix the seal so that the connection between worlds could be returned to how it once was. If only recovering a single object was as simple as it was to say.

But they were making their way towards their goal fairly well. It turned out to be a journey across planes and worlds. And they had even recently discovered the name of their thief, the yaoguei, a daemon of ancient legend. And the one who told them this was even willing to aid and build them a means of finding the creature, a waystone. And all they had to do to start was visit an old enemy of their's. One of which they held a strong advantage against.

"Jya... Once he realizes it is us though, I doubt he will be willing to make a personal appearance. So we may have to think about a way around that." Huo Da said as they settled upon the route the oddly named dog led them to.

// As an aside, I won't be able to make it this Saturday, as I have to go attend a lecture / seminar thing for university unfortunately.

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:45 pm

It seemed that they were to repeat their encounter with the angry little fae they had met in the forest. Perhaps they should have delbt with him in a more final manner the first time. Regardless, they seemed to be making good progress, given the nature of thier journey.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”