The Dragon's Village 2017

Moderator:Lazybones

Vanya Mia
Forum God
Re: The Dragon's Village 2017

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:13 pm

((No problem, the space is really just used for NWN these days as the nature of my work changed. If there isn't one in DMFI I'll drop an on-chat dice rolling script I use in "vanilla" modules in for convenience. I tend to use them a lot now as they are useful for in-combat rolls or when seated, as well as when polymorphed.))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:44 am

// HAPPY NEW YEAR //

Climb, climb, climb!

The group reached a fort surrounded by a wooden wall. The construction was seating at the top of a hill. Traps had been laid by the occupants around the base of the hill. The group decided to look for another way in. Apparently, the back of the fort was not well guarded and did not have trap. However it was on the steep side of the hill. Tenko wished he had his climbing shoes or his rope. He had lost these items after arriving at the dragon village and have been unable to purchase anything similar since they had left to venture in the world. Eventually, they all climbed up not without difficulty and reached the top. The rest was fairly easy compared to the assault on the yakuza fortress. The group sneaked in and eliminated all the creatures outdoor and indoor. Going back they explored a cave...

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:38 am

//happy new year all!

Tianlong jogged along briskly, looking for signs of the party. He knew they'd only get into trouble without him around, so he made haste to catch up,

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 am

The night following the battle at the hilltop fortress, Ning dreamed of fire. The vision would not leave her mind's eye.

"We are far from the heartlands," she said, somewhere along the road back to Taizhou. She spoke to herself as much as anyone. "It will take time for the Emperor's armies to mobilise and reach us. Time and food and mountains of coin."

She shook her head.

"What if it makes more sense to leave this whole province to its fate, and rally forces elsewhere? What will we do then?"

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 pm

The assault on and eradication of the beastmen had gone surprising well, after a few initial challenges with bolt shooters and scaling the cliffs to gain access to the rear of the structure. A letter from a great khan was found, indicating a link between the rising menace on the border and the beastmen within the province. Gojiro listened to the other deliberate for a bit before commenting, "I have serious doubts that the imperial army will be mobilized in sufficient time and strength to deal with this threat. If we were wise, we'd get out of this region intact while we still can."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:39 pm

"Things are wrong." Sitting by the door as ever Moriko spoke quietly. "Spirits are being naughty." She frowned as if struggling to find a way to express something and looked at Master with a pleading expression. The old panda rumbled for a few moments and Moriko nodded.

"Spirits are not listening to the way of things and if they do not listen things go very wrong." She paused for a moment listening to Master's rumbling again. "What starts here will spread and there will be no where to hide." Once more the venerable bear rumbled and then growled firmly. "You must learn what is known as this one..." She paused as Master growled. "... as I learn what it is to be as you."

She moved over as the panda shuffled into her side. "So we will stay."
Last edited by Vanya Mia on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:45 pm

"Things ARE wrong," Wen said, after some thought. "But I do not want to leave. We are not the army... if there are things we can do here, even if it is spreading the word from village to village, I would do it. The most difficult thing in the world begins when it is easy... and the wise man is faithful, to the faithful and the faithless alike. That is what it is, to be faithful."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:26 am

Session 15

+400xp for IC posting this week.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Looks like I am missing some crap312something.tlk
Will try to check that.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 pm

((Server up, usual details.

Also put the on-chat dice rolling and emoting system in. Will explain in game but typing an = sign as the first character in chat and then one of a series of commands will do a roll of your choice or make your character perform an emote. Useful for in combat, as it doesn't need you to start a conversation, or for speed. To get a list of command formats just type =help into the chat.

The tlk should have been in the download I think but will put it up quickly myself just in case.))

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”