Post by Shadani » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:35 pm

((Miiq's portrait can be found here:

https://app.box.com/s/qkwey9yriwk1r0lvdnfsotxwwmqgmh6t
))

Lazybones
Forum God

Re: Assault on Aldera Campaign

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:38 pm

I haven't changed the hak list since we played Siege of Aldera, but in case you weren't a player in that campaign, here is what you need.

CEP 2.3: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... -23-cep-24

Community Tileset Project (ctp_common and ctp_dwarf_hall): https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... et-project

Worms' Seasonal Forest and Mirkwood (wrm_seasonalv10 and wrm_mirkwood): https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... erver-haks

BloodMonkey's Rocky Mountains (v1.02): https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ountains-1

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm

As noted on page 1 of the thread, you will begin in the Underdark city of Ezziroth. Mercenaries and exiles are fairly new arrivals to town and will start in The Fungal Palace, the local tavern. Slaves are being brought to the block to be sold as play begins. I will likely start the first two groups and then leave you while I introduce the others. You only know each other if that is part of your character backgrounds.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 am

When you send the characters for appearance change I'm assuming it's just heads so that armour will show. If so can you let me know what head model please?

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:35 am

If I recall correctly, there's only 1-2 goblin/kobold options for gnomes and halflings respectively in CEP. I can put some screenshots together if that would help folks.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 am

ROGHA THE WITCH

She was in her lair in a large cave at the top of the rocky mountain going through a pile of scrolls. A bird flew in from above, a pair of rats vanished through a crack. a handful of chicken were walking around trying to eat whatever looked. She had multiple drawings on a table. Another table had what may have been used for brewing potions. She paused for a moment "Fear? Hm, what are you all afraid of? Hm? Have you seen a ghost?"
She moved to another area to find an old chest "Where did I put that scroll Hm? I need to be ready for the blood moon." As she was going through the chest something heavy ended up on the back of her skull. She fell...

LATER

She woke up somewhere dark, wearing rags, her eye was gone, in fact everything she had was gone. She did not know for sure where she was but the air had a strange smell something she could not identify.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 pm

On the outskirts of Ezzinoth, a hooded pair wait, watching... taking in the details of the clustered buildings, the bustle of the markets, the caution on the streets. At least, one of them was. Zau'lann nodded. Ezzinoth was everything he'd imagined it would be.

"It's as I said. There'll be work here. You can smell the need from here."

He looked at his companion, hoping for... something. A quip about the stench of the lesser races. Perhaps something more barbed, something on his own smells. But, nothing; she didn't look at him, or the city, instead finding the lichen on a nearby rock fascinating. Another of her games, he'd surmised. It had been two days since she'd spoken a word, or paid him any attention at all, no matter what he did. He knew the form of it. Trying to keep him guessing at what he might have done to offend her. Well, he wasn't going to play it.

Even if it was really getting on his nerves.

"From there, who knows? New clothes, some good food, hm? Start padding out my spellbook again."

If there was one thing he'd really missed, oh, it had been that... slumming it with the few incantations he'd been able to scrounge. Studies cut short, a promising future denied... ah, the things people do, when they're crazy. The things they're willing to throw away.

"We'll find a place, get a bath, some time to relax, hm?" He raised an eyebrow, gave his words a little more of an edge, a touch of the sacrifices he'd made. "Get you back to your 'old self'."

There. That insinuation got to her. The mere thought that she was less than she had been. She said nothing - but she looked at him, straight at him. There was a sharp, hot anger in it... he'd always loved her the most when she was angry, but this was the old anger, born of hurt.

should have killed you

They stood looking at one another for moments... before he finally bowed his head, and she looked away, scoffing in disgust. It wasn't good, he reflected, as she started down the street, and he followed. It wasn't good at all. But it was better than being ignored.

---

One snarky Drow mage coming up! Here's Zau'lann's portrait: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... w-wizard-0

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Here they were in the destination he had recommended, a place of shuffling life and some semblance of civilsation. What was there here? Perhaps the best they could ever expect to find, though Tian'ith doubted they could stay long.

We shouldn't be here. We shouldn't be anywhere.

Hood still raised she walked ahead of Zau'lann in silence, single file through the market crowds. What were they now but part of the crowd? Still she could not bow her head and creep around. She slid through the crowd with a proud yet graceful gait, defying accidental contact with passersby and daring them to try harder with a haughty tilt of her head. Hands never too far from the blade at her hip.

They will not know what is lost.

Eyes cast from side to saw much beyond the obvious. The merchant short-changing the ignorant, the beggar hunched beneath rags in the alley breathe his last, the urchin pick-pocket the unobservant, and the shadow in the doorway. Shadows that should never be neglected. Ever conscious of the step of the male who walked behind her effectively her shadow. Yet she did not look at Zau'lann.

I cannot bear to look. If I look he will see.

The tavern was shown for what it was by the play of shadows across the brightness of its window, and the sounds as they spilled out into the street along with the light from the doorway as it opened. Tian'ith moved towards it, sure he would follow, and - avoiding the staggering of a drunk duergar as he came through it - stood on the threshold looking in.

It cost me everything I had.

Her lip curled slightly with distaste as she paused for moment and surveyed the bar through the doorway. Tian'ith stepped forward quickly with a small snarl of anger as a thought rose unbidden.

Now he is all I have.

((Portrait of an angry elf https://app.box.com/s/4ci7lqmp7sj0lpyhm52uee8yowy0dbym))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 am

Okay, I think I have everyone except for karvon, who will be joining us in two weeks.
  • Vanya Mia: Tian'ith, Drow Rogue Exile
  • Smart Alec: Zau'lann, Drow Mage Exile
  • Topato: Half-Orc Fighter
  • Mirgalen: Rogha, Hobgoblin Witch Slave
  • Shadani: Miiq, Kobold Sorcerer Slave
  • Klasa: Hobgoblin Ranger
If anyone else is using a custom portrait, don't forget to include a link to it here.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Session 1

+100xp to Tian'ith, Zau'lann, and Rogha for IC/background posts
+200xp to Miiq

Miiq and Rogha will also begin with a +500xp bonus for selecting the "slave" background.

Looking forward to the kickoff tomorrow!

VM, I uploaded the latest version of the mod to your Box/NWN folder.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”