Assault on Aldera Campaign

Moderator:Lazybones

Shadani
Extreme Poster
Re: Assault on Aldera Campaign

Post by Shadani » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Miiq was most amused when they returned to find that Redfang had (mostly) recovered from his illness. "Giants keep falling!" he said, flashing his fangs in a lopsided grin. "Keep falling, but keep getting up again and again!"

The kobold cackled to himself for a while, then stopped and grew suddenly serious.

"Both be more careful, next time. Might not get back up again so easy. Not useful when dead."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 am

Session 5

I believe everyone is L2 now, so the posting bonus increases as usual.

+200xp to Ravillion, Rogha, Zau'lann, and Tian'ith
+300xp to Darson and Redfang
+400xp to Miiq

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:06 pm

((I find I am getting XP envy. Game is up!))

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:11 am

((An early warning that I will be away for two weekends soon. The 27th October and probably the 3rd November too, as we arrive back that day but the airport is a distance off.

I will put the server up before I go on the morning of the 27th and can be reasonably confident it will be available. It may still be accessible the following weekend but as there will be no one in the house I can make no promises. While rare, internet or power outages are a thing.

There's a weekend I may be away on a trip for work on the 30th November but the lads should be around so even if there's a problem it should be resolvable.))

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:06 am

The raid against the fishmen had gone well, all things considered. The group opted to sneak in a back way, which was a bit longer, but avoided more of the traps and guard posts. They'd hacked their way to the inner shrine and found samples of the water wanted. However, rather than retrace their steps the majority wanted to clear the place out back-to-front, so Darsin went along. They got a bit battered up in the process and didn't seem to find much loot, but the fishmen were effectively exterminated. The priestess was pleased and gave each a large gem as a reward. Darsin wondered how much it would buy at the markets.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:43 am

"Life After Death"

Rogha came back to life in the settlement instead of moving into the afterlife. Powerful divine magic had to be used to repair her body and recall her soul. Still, she could feel the pain even if her bones were no longer broken. Somehow the feeling lingered. But Rogha was strong and pain would not stop her. She followed the others as if it was another Sun Day or Moon Day into the lair of the fish-men better known as Kuo-Toa. The place was cleared and some magical water retrieved. All ended well more or less.

// I played last session in my hotel over wifi and the lag monster was there to play tricks on me. Back at home so I will be back on the LAN for our next game.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:19 am

It was a slow gain, a minor gain. But perhaps for once in her eyes things went... marginally well. Then again, that was more than she expected from this group. Ravillion was pleased. But the feeling did not last long. She just knew deep down within herself that they would likely mess things up sooner or later and get most of the ryld killed.

So she made her way to the settlement called their 'artisens' and spoke with them. "Dos. Usstan is understanding dos will supply usstan with what usstan needs. Shield. Leather Armor. Cloth Robe. Before Dos Boss asks Usstan for next favor."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:14 am

Following the band's triumph over the fishmen, Miiq was not content to rest upon his haunches. He joined the fungus-man in his lab, and learned what he could. The medicines and curatives they had been provided with were of particular interest, as Miiq was keenly aware they owed their continued survival to such tools.

He had been quite impressed at the display of power involved in returning Rogha to life, though the effort seemed wasted on that particular subject. Such magic - the power to decide between life and death - was truly worthy of a Dragon.

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:29 pm

It was fine indeed to get back into the battle. Their warband annihilated the fish men and retrieved the magic water they were sent for. The battle was hard fought but well won! Redfang looked forward to their visit to the town, hoping that he might have a chance to even the score a little against the drugar clan while they were there.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:52 pm

The duergar had said the paste would keep festering at bay, but from the smell of it, it was clear it wasn't pleasant. "This will sting a little," he said unnecessarily, before daubing it along the forming scar below Tian'ith's ribs. The potions had done their work, but the need to stay clean was ever present... He felt the tension in her as the sting hit, heard the hissing breath, and sensed her annoyance - here she was, sitting on her bed, trying to work on some spring-loaded mechanism, and here he was sitting behind her, trying to do something helpful and sensible like making sure she didn't turn gangrenous in this filthy hovel.

She turned her head a moment, giving him a sharp look - one that seemed to say go away, but he knew that look. He paused long enough in his ministrations to kiss her cheek - and when she turned away, offering her shoulder and neck for the same, those too. The tension faded as he replaced the bandage around her chest, and he rested his chin on her shoulder, looking over at what she was making. "If you will keep being so bold, mrimm, what else am I to do?"

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”