Assault on Aldera Campaign

Moderator:Lazybones

Shadani
Extreme Poster
Re: Assault on Aldera Campaign

Post by Shadani » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Miiq seethed. He tried to resist the inexplicable temptation to peck at his food, and spent a fair few minutes simply glaring at it, as if the lizard steak were personally responsible for his embarrassment.

It was simply not right. At last, he finds a vessel such magnificent power - power worthy of a dragon! - only to find that it would not bow to him. What sense did that make? What had his journey been for, if it could be ended in so ignoble a manner?

But he still lived. Not by virtue of his own might, but because the others believed him to still be valuable to their purpose. An outcome preferable to the alternative, yes, but the sheer humiliation of it gnawed at him all the same.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:15 pm

The power. Oh, great depths, the power! Finally, something tangible, something true! He could feel it course through his veins in that moment, and for that moment, he had been transcendent, a part of the greater cosmos, a will standing atop wills. The shape of the kobold had been simple to turn, to match his old form! His life... less so, but as a first try, it had been fine.

He snarled at the offering of Vot's simple meal, and even Tian'ith's insistence that he was hers to punish made him snarl inwardly. I can defend MYSELF, curse it. But he kept it down. He needed time... time to work. He could see the greed of the others, a greed that might even be able to match his, and the frustration in the kobold's face. This was the key - the key to making a new home, maybe even taking back the one they'd lost! He could feel it. It was all so close... magic had taken them away from home, and now, it could bring both of them back.

But the logic, he could not deny the logic. Yes, fight the hag... the real , present threat. And if some of them should die in that battle, well, that would be truly unfortunate, wouldn't it?

"Very well. The head of the hag. We will... continue with this truce of ours."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Session 26

+600xp for Rogha, Zau'lann, Vot, and Tian'ith
+1200xp for Miiq

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:02 pm

VM, you need to swap the module (I know I'm really early, but I have a lot of setup to do for today's session).

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Done, server up.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Server is up.

IP is 108.204.120.190:5121
Server is "Lazybones Test Server," in the Role Play category
Player password is "alien"

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Please post in the X-COM thread if you cannot access the server.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:14 pm

So my original plan was that we would have one more session in Aldera before wrapping things up. Mirgalen, if Rogha elects to stay on the island you'll have to sit this one out and then roll up a new character when we return for the Chult campaign.

Alternatively, we can say the strange land you transported to is Chult, and just call it there. I'm fine with whichever option feels best for the group.

Another reminder: Daylight Savings Time takes effect Sunday, March 10. So it won't affect the next session but it will the session after. Our past practice has been to keep the game at US time so keep that in mind until everyone's national shifts take effect.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:44 am

It was over for now the old witch was alone on a small island that in time she may claim for herself. The others had regained Aldera using teleportation magic. Some day she may need to find her way back to the desert and the mountain and visit her former lair. For now it was rather peaceful and Rogha needed her rest...

OOC

I will probably not be back on time on March 16th. Also I will be away in October and do not know yet if I will be able to play.

I looked at Rogha MP and Rogha SP and (after remove the 3 best items of Rogha SP) they are about the same: Same level/BAB/AC (19) and feats similar stats, HP, AB melee/range, saves, skills and spells. While her twin has been doing fine our Rogha was probably cursed by the Drows or something.

Q: Next we are doing the Chult campaign or XCOM? What is the Chult campaign about? If we do XCOM I prefer to let Rogha on the island for now and perhaps think of another char for the new campaign. If we do Chult now she may need to come back but perhaps it would be best if it can be linked to her backstory (she is trying to predict and prevent a prophecy that would see all "evil creatures" removed).

Ayram
Veteran Poster

Post by Ayram » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:54 am

I never played the original Aldera campaign, but I'm still curious to find out what happened to it after the heroes get through with it. And I love a good time/space jumping mishap. But if people want to get on with X-COM that's cool too.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”