Assault on Aldera Campaign

Moderator:Lazybones

Vanya Mia
Forum God
Re: Assault on Aldera Campaign

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:59 pm

As they filed out of the dwelling and on their way Tian'ith realised she felt very different. There was no doubt that the ritual they had passed through had changed something. Her step seemed simultaneously a little lighter and a little surer. She flexed her fingers and somehow felt their movement was more fluid.

But it left her with a headache and an odd feeling that something was not quite right within her head. Pausing for a moment to look back at the Derro town she let each pass in turn, then fell into step beside Zau'lann.

"This is not going to be easy," she said to him in a murmur only they would hear. "The Duergar are not as Svirfneblin and things could turn very quickly awry. If it does then there is something I want you to know. Something I have come to realise these past days." She halted briefly tugging his arm to turn him to face her. Moving close against him she lifted her head to kiss him.

"That I understand," she murmured quietly, "and one day might come to believe that you were right."

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:05 pm

They came, they saw, they conquered. They talked their way into the druegar fortress, then slaughtered them all. It wasn't an easy fight, but between the poison and the herd of summoned beasts, the druegar went down hard. They even managed to bluff their way out past the city ogre guards. Darsin healed up those who got battered and bashed a few with hls morningstar, but didn't find much in the way of loot.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Zau'lann is grateful for the moment, but there's something in his face when Tian'ith pulls back. "Admitting that I might be right? I see the stone really has changed you..." He smiles uncomfortably at his own wit, unsettled, stroking her cheek as he finds the words for his thoughts.

"I'm grateful for our time, mrimm, but it remains to be seen if I was right. What the duergar lord said... that the descriptions of our little band were known far and wide. I can't help but think we'll have more attention soon." He manages to raise an eyebrow. "And that's just if we're the only ones of our allies who have secrets and enemies, which I doubt."

He takes a deep breath, and holds onto Tian'ith for a moment longer. "But I'm grateful for our time."

Ayram
Veteran Poster

Post by Ayram » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:34 pm

The rush of power had been... euphoric. Vot wasn't sure what to expect, but the sudden feeling of being more powerful was a sensation that had been fantastically unique. Oh he wouldn't do it again, probably, but he felt the price had been worth it.

And he finally got to make that quiche he'd been dreaming about since the day before. Although it wasn't in the nice Duergar kitchen in their little hold. One of these days he'd have his own kitchen. One of these days. In the meantime, he'd snagged some nice spices from their cooks corpse as a consolation prize.

Now Vot and the crew were going to march to the big bad Duergar fortress. They had a couple skittery looking new bug "soldiers" in tow. But they looked kinda iffy. He'd not be relying on them, that's for sure.

Vot took a look at the rest of the crew as they mustered to get on their way. Each looked ready. Good. It was going to be a bloody day. Maybe he'd make a nice casserole tonight. The Duergar fortress' kitchen would probably be marvelous.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Her plan had went just as she had wanted. They got in and they got to slaughter the Duergar, which netted her a new blade to better slaughter future ones. The Duergar were proving to be good outlets for her anger so far, but soon that lone surviving one in the city would be the last left. Maybe she would leave it alive, as the last of its kind in the area like that blue freak. Yes, she could be its ‘Gargamel’.

But aside from those pleasant thoughts came their next mission, and more importantly, what she had done to prepare for it. She took two of the three oath curses to empower herself... A move she was loathe to do, but felt it was necessary. She was already cursed twofold anyways, so a few more wouldn’t matter for the short term, but... If that Dero woman didn’t start making good on her promise then something would need to /happen/.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:39 pm

Session 14

Everyone is at least 4th level now, so the base posting bonus increases.

+400xp to Ravillion, Rogha, Vot, Zau'lann, and Tian'ith
+600xp to Darson

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:02 pm

((Server is up.))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 am

"Leave no one behind!"

The team got ready to assault the duergar fortress. It would allow them travel topside and "downside" without being ambushed or delayed by the grey dwarves. They were at the entrance of the village just before the "acid field". Old Rogha realised that whe was still wearing her purple dress. The one she purchased as soon as she got some coins to replace the rags she was wearing. She stood aside for a brief moment, just long enough to cast a protective spell and put on her ranger armour. She then looked for the others. They were gone. Probably not far though. She walked a bit faster hoping to find them in the "acid fields" but she could not see them there either. How fast did they move? Or did they go another way? She tried to remember the way through but was attacked by one of the beast that she was unable to kill on her own. She went back to the village...

Some time later she found the group in some duergar outpost. They had conquered the place and were ready to move to the fortress. They moved on up to a barricade protected by traps. There was a hill and a few slopes. It was a bit dark and Rogha could not see too clearly. "How did you guys get up there? How did you go over the barricade?" she asked herself. She wandered around the foothill until she could see the opened gate and the slope leading up.

The group was waiting. Trying to find a way to overcome the obstacles or defenders. There was a big door ahead, the entrance probably. They were traps all over and the duergars were shooting from above. Most of the team members were hiding behind the slope. Rogha remembered Miiq saying (or did she imagined that?) that he had a plan. Before she could know more she had another vision of the prophecy. It was vivid as if it was happening in front of her very eyes. From that vision she could tell that the surface, all of it had been lost and now the Enemy was about the conquer all of the Underdark.

When she got back to her senses. Everyone was gone again. She tried to press forward but got hurt by arrows and bolts. "Enough of that" she told herself and went back to wait in the outpost...

// Unexpected phone call. Then lost the group again. Wish we had that "jump to party leader" token they use on some PW. Until next time.

Ayram
Veteran Poster

Post by Ayram » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Now that was a rush, Vot thought as he stirred a pot of his wicked old mum's hearty noodle fowl soup. They'd taken a whole fortress, slaughtered all of the dumbfounded Duergar, and not lost a single man while doing it. Well, ok, they lost the bug soldiers (who actually performed pretty well, despite his low expectations). But otherwise, they looked pretty good. He couldn't help but wonder at what else they might be able to accomplish.

Stupid Duergar didn't have a kitchen in the place though. Lucky for the crew, and the drow, Vot's noodle fowl soup was elegant but simple. The drow had got 'emselves poisoned somehow, so they needed a nice warm pick me up. They'd be back to scheming and murder in no time.

He had some time to question an unfortunate miner the duergar had in their cages. Apparently, the toxic pools forming underground were the result of some kind of slurry of the leftovers from mining silver and iron or something. Well, the Derro would probably have something to say to the poor, doomed little man.

Vot mused on the many gruesome fates that may await the man while he continued to stir the soup, whistling nonchalantly.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:27 pm

// As a heads up, I will not be able to make it this Saturday. I completely forgot that I have to attend a wedding this weekend in another state.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”