Assault on Aldera Campaign

Moderator:Lazybones

Vanya Mia
Forum God
Re: Assault on Aldera Campaign

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:13 pm

((LB was asking about the final session of this campaign Mirg as there is one left if we want to play it out. If we do play it then you can change your mind and have it so Rogha traveled off the island with them, which could easily be because the crystal took her regardless of her decision. If you don't want to do that you will probably have to sit out this next session and when Chult begins, which I don't imagine would be for some months yet, you will need a new character.

The Chult campaign was originally a follow on from the Aldera campaign for the good guys. They saved Aldera and left to do some more good, but when they left they were shipwrecked on Chult. It's a follow on but does not connect to the Aldera story except in that the same party went through it. They then went on to do the same again, sans shipwreck, in Immortal Vengeance.

As far as next session goes I'd like to see Aldera afterwards, not least as the DM has prepped it and I know how much trouble that takes. :D But the ending last session did lead nicely into a Chult option though so if I'm outvoted I've no problem with it.))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:35 am

// I would like to let Rogha be where she is. The char I would like to play next is Gar (short for Gargoyle) a goblin Druid subject to LB's approval.

Backstory 1: Gar is/was Rogha's servant who has been looking for her since she got captured. He figured that she was on Aldera and went there to look for her. He may somehow bump into the group and help defeat whatever comes next.

Backstory 2: Gar is a lone goblin druid/adventurer looking for lost artefacts in the Chultan jungle.

iirc Gar (SP) is currently around level 5.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:18 am

Okay, we'll do the Aldera finale this weekend then. Mirgalen, you can miss this Saturday's session and bring in the goblin druid when we get to Escape from Chult; you'll start at the lowest current level in the party (which I believe is L6 at the moment, but might be L7 when we finish).

We'll finish Aldera this weekend, then start X-COM next week. You should all start posting your character ideas/backgrounds in the other thread if you haven't already done so. X-COM 2 is big, so I estimate that it should take six months or more to play through. Feel free to post or PM questions if you have them.

I'll start working on my adaptation of "Escape from Chult" for the evil campaign. Last weekend I also sketched out an outline for a final mod called "Lords of the Dark" that would bring the campaign full circle, back to the Underdark.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:17 am

((Sounds great! Revenge is ours ... muahahahaha.))

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Staggered and disorientated by both their means of translocation and the transfer from darkness to daylight, Tian'ith fell to her hands and knees in the wet, muddy earth of their point of arrival. Conscious of their vulnerability he shook her head vigorously in an attempt to clear her mind and started to climb to her feet. "Does anyone know where we are?" she asked in an urgent tone, squinting to look around. At which point she saw Zau'lann lying prone in the damp undergrowth.

"Baelarn." Not fully upright she rushed to him in a bent over scramble and dropped back down on her knees in the mud beside him. Lifting his head off the ground to rest it on her lap, she stroked his hair away from his face and searched anxiously for signs of awareness.

"Someone try and find where we are!" she ordered to any who were listening, not taking her gaze off Zau'lann, then added as realisation of the change from night to day cut in. "And someone find out 'when' we are." She then moderated her volume for her jaluk's alone.

"You're not leaving me now, I won't allow it."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:21 pm

Miiq, for his part, spent the next few minutes retching up swamp water.

How could this have happened? 'Fixing' the white-hair had seemed so simple a task; so natural a thing. But this - not only were they nowhere near their intended destination, but Miiq could sense that something else was... wrong.

"Place smells wrong," he said once her recovered, hissing out the words. "Right island, maybe... but something changed."

The little kobold groaned, then spat on the sodden ground. "All breathing, yes? Yes? No? Hrrr."

Scowling, Miiq set about kicking and hissing at those who were still flailing about in the marsh until they deigned to rise.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Finally, after so long, Ravillion had been granted what she desired most. She had been restored to her true form, that of a Drow again. Although certainly not in the means she had expected. The Male and the Kobold had done better work than she thought possible of them. Yes, now all that remained was her revenge on her sisters, those who aided them with the curse, and now the Derro. Yes, the Derro would now pay for using her as they attempted to do, once they returned.

Unfortunately however, that did not seem to pass as expected. When she next awoke Ravillion found herself in another unknown place. This was not Aldera... or was it? If it was, it certainly was not a place of that island she recalled. So more than likely the Male and Kobold had failed. And now they were stranded somewhere else unknown. She didn't even want to think about what that could have meant if they had failed on her attempt, so she instead fueled her thoughts on the possibility that her rightful revenge might again be delayed from her.

No. Her sisters and their allies might be out of reach for now, but the Derro certainly were not. And they were most definitely going to pay at her hands. Every last one of them.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Zau'lann raised his head slowly... tried to get up. He failed. A number of muscle groups simply failed to work. Finally, hearing the faraway voice of Tian'ith, the griping of the others, he forces his way up with an effort of will, grimacing. She insists it - he will not leave her. Not now.

The power... he rememebered the great current of it, carrying them away. But it had so swiftly become a rapid, a boiling sream, once pulled from the crystal. He had tried to cup an ocean, and failed.

"I think... I think I left some of myself behind," he groaned. "We could be anywhere. Anywhen." He cursed in Drow.

Ayram
Veteran Poster

Post by Ayram » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:24 pm

Vot burst from the swamp gasping and coughing, but waded his way to a relatively dry patch where everyone seemed to have made their way. He collapsed there and collected himself.

He was right before, that crystal was garbage, The drow and the kobold must have messed up from the wya they were talking.

Hold on.

"What? Did you say WHEN are we? Why would-"

And just then, Vot noticed it was not dark, not storming.

"What the hells are we into?"

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:43 pm

Session 27

+600xp for Zau'lann, Vot, Ravillion, and Tian'ith
+1200xp for Miiq

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”