Assault on Aldera Campaign

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: Assault on Aldera Campaign

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Looks like you have a few portraits to download, SmartAlec.

Good first session, hopefully we can bring in Topato and Klasa next time (karvon will be back in two weeks).

Also, it looks like I will be out on September 8.

LB

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:05 pm

The orcs first blade slid through his opponents guard and into the hobgoblins thigh, A beat later, his second blade arced higher, striking it under its jaw, putting an abrupt end to the half-formed scream on the creatures lips. He stepped back and let it slump to the dusty ground of the arena.

As the glee of battle faded he felt the familiar bitterness that often followed. He was winning no glory for himself or power for his tribe here, fighting at the behest of the masters that kept his people in chains. He was just delaying the inevitable, keeping the masters happy enough not to kill off his whole tribe outright. But he knew they were toiling to death in some gods-forsaken mine anyway. He wasn't fooled by the masters promises of future freedom or mercy, he wasn't the fool orc they assumed. He knew what he bought them; Time. Time for a way out to come along. Time for a chance to come along. And when he got his chance, and they were free and out of the reach of their enemies.. then the masters were all going to pay.

With that thought some of the savage joy of the fight returned, and he lofted his twin scimitars above his head in a salute to the crowd, and they chanted his name:

REDFANG!
REDFANG!
REDFANG!

//Sorry about missing this one, will get my character all sorted and ready to go before next week. Can I take the slave backround and just take off whatever xp a pair of scimitars and a set of scale maile is worth?

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Topato:

I've sent you and Klasa some PMs with suggestions for how you can join in next time.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:36 am

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:57 am

Slave Market.

500 Gold, that's what the old witch was worth on the market. Deep under where it is always dark and they were no stars or Moon to watch. Where the draws and the duergars had built cities and waterways. This is where Rogha the Witch ended. She had lost everything. Her lair most likely, her animals, hundreds of scrolls and notes, dozens of books, potion recipes and components and her enchanted eye.

She was purchased together with a kobold who claimed to know magic. Indeed there a legend of one named Deekin who was some kind of bard and another legend of one name Lord Reg (or something) who was an assassin with some druidic powers. It was possible that the little bugger was telling the truth. Rogha was about to travel with the Derro, she was to travel with Kobold Mageling and two drows. Drows? Never trust these. To be safe never trust anyone. The Derro mentioned great dangers coming ahead, perhaps this was part of the Blood Moon prophecy, even those under mountains would suffer. Perhaps they would become mad and killed each other. Rogha did not know has she had never found the complete prophecy.

So many things, so little time, Gah.

Notes:

Rogha is a big/bulky aged hobgoblin female with red skin and horns. Her body is covered with black runes. One of her eye socket is empty has if her eye was removed ("unplugged") and could be put back. She speaks or rather shouts like a low ranking soldier. She often says "Hm" or "Gah" or "Rah" which may or may not mean something to others.

// My todo list

Check override and possibly re-install all haks from this list.

Create app.box.com account and post portrait there unless LB or VM can help with reposting that.

Redo spell lists Mage/Sorceress Cantrips and lvl 1 spells (e.g. identify, endure elements), Bard Cantrips and lvl 1 spells

For ranger, favoured enemy should be human but it can be something else.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:05 am

((Sincere apologies but I may be missing as well as Smart Alec. As it's the Bank Holiday weekend and the first one I'll get to spend with the other Half in over a month, I may well be away. I can still put the server up and it may work with the two of them off "sorting out things" before joining the caravan, or even travelling independently if you get that far.

If anyone needs anything done Leto wise with their character they will need to let me know well before hand.

It also struck me that Shad, SA and I would probably have had the old CEP heads loaded in our override, in which case that might be why we were all seeing Rogha's head as you intended Mirg, but you and LB were not. I'll check the module and see if CEP now uses a new head for that one and get back to you.))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:13 am

Let me know when you know. If both you and SA are out we will bump, as Karvon isn't back until Sept 1.

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:33 pm

He had been bought and sold. Beaten and humiliated. Yet now, somehow, he was free.

It seemed strange to Miiq that this was something that could happen so easily. He did not trust this strange dero-woman, and he trusted the other creatures she had brought to her side even less. The fat giant spoke of things that were impossible, and the white-hairs were obviously running from something. All of their kind were crazy, obsessed with stupid rules and ideas that mattered to no one else.

While he travelled with others for now, it was clear to Miiq that he was alone.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:10 am

Ravillon Ur'Uden was now waiting for that derro woman to exit Ezziroth so they could continue with its journey. It was taking far too long looking for additional aid and slaves. If not for her extraordinary circumstances it would be beneath her to even speak to such a creature. But for now there was no choice. She needed to bide her time until she could recover, and then she would extract her vengeance upon those who had wronged her. Perhaps even including the derro if it continued to waste her time like this.

"Dos had better hurry up, derro. Usstan am growing annoyed..." The hobgoblin muttered to herself as she continued to wait from her hiding spot just along the outskirts of Ezziroth.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:22 pm

"Xas, now we will need to .. make our own arrangements," Tian'ith stated having stood, arms folded and expression aloof, while Zaul'ann had negotiated their position. Agreement with the Derro female reached she beckoned peremptorily to her companion and withdrew out of the door.

Scanning the area quickly in as casual a manner as possible she gestured for him to move ahead while she hung back a little. It took but a short time to locate an inn, for him to purchase lodging while she hung back in the shadows then to open a room window, and for her to join him via that more unorthodox route. Once together there in relative seclusion they laid out a plan, simple but the best they could attempt.

Travelling separately until outside the city was an obvious one, as together they were more recognisable than apart. He to remain and sustain the impression of being alone then to follow swiftly by means only a mage could devise. Locating them would not be a problem; he would always know where she was. Tian'ith would leave with the group after certain steps had been taken.

Whether it was the planning or having a purpose, her attitude towards Zaul'ann notably shifted. Softened even, for a given measure of soft naturally. Plans made the pair sealed them with a fierce kiss, lingering a while, and then parted. Him to play his role, and her to fulfil her part.

It took but a short while to find a likely proposition, a Snirfneblin with the air of a thief, then very little time at all to obtain suitable items of his property. Little enough for it to not be too easy to do so but sufficient for her to believe those who would find it would be able to track back. Basic theft was distasteful to undertake but Tian'ith looked forward to the next part.

It took longer to find who she now needed, and to wait for one of the party - one of those who had the air of rank - to be separated from the rest of the group. The lure was to be seen briefly, and true to form her quarry followed. The greatest and last mistake of the Drow's life. Infinitely less objectionable as a task, it was simply a shame not to be able to leave her mark.

False trail laid she settled down to wait out the time until the arranged meeting.

((I should be good for tomorrow I *think*. Will let you know as soon as possible if I can't.))

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”