Monday Night OOC Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Monday Night OOC Thread

Post by Lazybones » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:33 am

This thread is for postings not directly related to our NWN/X-COM game.

Jenniza
Experienced User

Re: Monday Night OOC Thread

Post by Jenniza » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm

If you want a laugh, view this link and read the premise for this story:

http://www.monstersvsaliens.com/

I just want to know one thing... if it's 2010... where's the Army keeping our Secret Army of Monsters to fight off the Invasion of Sectoid Aliens and when are they going to bring out the calvary? :) Read the premise to understand the joke...

Smart Alec
Experienced User

Post by Smart Alec » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:57 am

Ooo, OOC thread.

Ok, time for some OOC discussion! :!: Although helping X-Com Research and Development is cool, I always got the impression that is was not something we all needed to do all the time?

Although I guess it's cool if we do, I think a few of the team only have one or two applicable skills when it comes to R&D :ugeek: and it gets a little dull just using them over and over. ;)

Also, I love how the emote for 'ubergeek' looks just like Buzz.

cigol712
Newbie Poster

Post by cigol712 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:20 am

...Soheil has skill in demolitions! I can RP blowing things up!

Smart Alec
Experienced User

Post by Smart Alec » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:49 am

Funnily enough, Vasily DID do that once. :D

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:35 am

Smart Alec wrote:Although I guess it's cool if we do, I think a few of the team only have one or two applicable skills when it comes to R&D :ugeek: and it gets a little dull just using them over and over. ;)
Haven't got a single solitary one above a three, everything is in scouting skills. I'm hard pushed to think of valid ways to make a positive contribution to that side of things at all, hence the rather inventive application of Cat to different developments. All I can do is look for vague links to the skills she has and hope I make it on a tertiary skill roll. :(

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Forum skill checks are completely optional; never feel like you need to force a roll. They are included to allow characters with less combat prowess (which I guess is none of you, now) to shine.

Smart Alec
Experienced User

Post by Smart Alec » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:03 am

While we're on the subject of OSNAZ and Vasily's fictional, checkered military career, I researched Russian Special Forces looking for a background for a callous, patriotic killer at the beginning of the campaign, but honestly could not believe the insane things that OSNAZ have been involved in. And yet they're apparently true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_the ... age_crisis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_sch ... age_crisis

Chizbo
Newbie Poster

Post by Chizbo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Heya guys!

Sounds like a lot happened last week. I'm still out on vacation without NWN access, but still expect to be back and play next week in the Labor Day game.

Good luck,

Chizbo

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 am

It worked out well, since we ended mid-mission last time. See you next week.