Backup Monday Night Game Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Jenniza
Experienced User
Re: Backup Monday Night Game Discussion Thread

Post by Jenniza » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:28 pm

sorry, i've been dealing with a lot of personal issues....

anyway....

take care, Gulfwulf and good luck in the new contract and with your commute.... real life can rough some times so find stuff to keep you in good spirits. :) I'm gonna miss you, stay in touch if you can.

welcome Karvon to the group, i'm looking forward to meeting you and your new character. Please let me know if I got Hadrian L. Jones NWC link and NWVault portrait page correct on my downloads page. Thank you.

http://home.comcast.net/~rampage97/game ... nloads.htm

Jenniza
Experienced User

Post by Jenniza » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:30 pm

please note that several of us use custom portraits (Jane, Catalina, Vasily, Hadrian(apparently too))

Jenniza
Experienced User

Post by Jenniza » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:42 pm

ooc: if we have 7 laser pistols currently in existance... I'm trying to figure out who has them:
Catalina
Vasily
Dr. Allen
Dr. Baron
Buzz
Dr. Yeren (w/ +1)

who has the 7th?

Jenniza
Experienced User

Post by Jenniza » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:42 pm

So is this correct?

Current Projects:
  • Powered Armor (10) [8-10 anticipated] – Elerium-115 powered armor (medium armor)
  • Advanced Surgical Kit (9) [10+ anticipated] – Resuscitate downed patients (ooc: one-shot Raise Dead)
  • Snakemen Soldiers (5): Research, then transfer to a central holding facility off-site.
  • (freebie) Project LIGHTNING (Advanced new Skyranger) is underway
Meaning we need all the GOOD help and prayers we can muster on Advanced Surgical Kits. Please keep in mind that "raise dead" costs 10% of a level or so in xp, so try not to die. first hand experience with Jane, save you the trouble of discovering this yourself.

and...

Current Projects:
  • Laser Pistols (0/16/3) [5/8/3 per unit] :7, (upgrade: integrated VDU (+1 attack) that can also be made at +3 engineers per week, Dr. Yeren has one, make two for Hadrian & Soheil, upgrade Catalina’s, ooc: 1 of 7 laser pistols missing)
  • Heavy Weapons Platforms : Prototype (damaged) (3 : repair, 7 : upgrade); Laser Tanks: 1 (damaged) (3 : repair)
  • Medikit (3) : Doctor White's medical lab can construct eight of these kits each week without compromising our manufacturing capacity. If you wish to dedicate additional resources to the project, the kits can be produced at a faster rate.
Leading one to ponder where Vasily, Jane, Catalina & Soheil should be putting talents to use on each of the projects... I think it safe to assume Dr. Allen be used utilized on the Advanced surgical kits, if he could give a thumbs up on that, it'd be appreciated. The rest of us can probably be split up amongst the powered armor, laser pistols and HWP's. If Hadrian wants to join in early, that'd be cool too.

Basically, Karvon, if you write IC posts normally it's worth a pile of xp per week. If the entire party does, then it's a bonus to the entire party. There's a side bonus that if you write an IC post that applies a skill bonus (almost no matter how weird it seems, just be prepared for harder DC's) that succeeds then you get +100 xp as well. so for example, currently we can earn up to something like 750 +100 xp per week if all goes perfectly. That assumes we are on time (10 minute window).

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:58 pm

((OOC - Snakeman Navigator or leader, not soldier, I think. IC-ly Cat suggested those as they might get us a handle on the aliens base of operations. I think the 7th pistol went to beta, though Yered may have had two, he had armour that Hadrian could put to better use too. *looks at Cat's skills to try and think of a way to use them that hopefully won't set us back!*))

Smart Alec
Experienced User

Post by Smart Alec » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 pm

OOC: That's right; the seventh laser pistol was given to Beta Team.

As for the Snakeman Soldier, I just thought it would be nice to get them out of the way. They're starting to build up. Trying to head off some potential future 'alien contamination is breached' disaster scenario where all these alien soldiers break out and massacre the research staff.

Jenniza
Experienced User

Post by Jenniza » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Jane offers any assistance in repairing the pair of HWP's and improving power output and targeting systems now that she's spent some time learning from Dr. Sandesh. He's a great instructor and she's learned a lot from him on robotics and targetting systems. She combines that from what she's learned from the VDU's of the laser pistols to see where they can go from there. The VDU system from the helmet system and radar system might help to improve the AI and targeting system as well. With Dr. Sandesh's guidance and Grace's expertese, Jane helps them tie together some systems from around the base hopefully to improve the HWP's after this project is done.

ooc
Feats:
  • Far Shot
  • Heavy Weapon Proficiencies: (ie through Exotic Firearms Proficiency)
  • Heavy Weapons Focus
  • Point Blank Shot
Skills:
  • Craft Mechanical: 12
BAB +9 w/ her laser-sighted laser rifle as a guide for demonstration purposes.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:12 am

Smart Alec wrote:OOC: That's right; the seventh laser pistol was given to Beta Team.

As for the Snakeman Soldier, I just thought it would be nice to get them out of the way. They're starting to build up. Trying to head off some potential future 'alien contamination is breached' disaster scenario where all these alien soldiers break out and massacre the research staff.
((OOC - Ahh okay. Just didn't see that reasoned out anywhere so thought my post had been interpreted differently to my intent. I'm afraid all these OOC postings are clogging the forums and are hard to catch up on if you miss a day. :( Can't even edit much here.))

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 am

With as much OOC talk as you guys do, you might want to start a seperate thread for it. :)

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:33 am

Gulfwulf wrote:With as much OOC talk as you guys do, you might want to start a seperate thread for it. :)
I created a separate thread for this sort of discussion. OOC talk that is directly related to the game can remain here, or you can use that thread to "talk strategy" if you prefer.