Backup Monday Night Game Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Smart Alec
Experienced User
Re: Backup Monday Night Game Discussion Thread

Post by Smart Alec » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:03 pm

Ooo, I'd forgotten about the sighting mechanism for the laser pistols. Sure, I daresay that's a good idea.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I'm leaving (again). I got a contract in another city and will probably be driving an hour+ each way, so I won't be around to harrass you guys. :( It was fun and go easy on LB. I hope to be back in a couple of months. :mrgreen:

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:46 am

I've invited NWC regular karvon to join us in battle against the alien menace.

Jenniza
Experienced User

Post by Jenniza » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:11 am

ooc i thnk laser rifle is +2 IIRC
and electro-optic sight is +1 w/ farsight feat (or whatever it's called)

useful scope if you don't already have the farsight feat (pre-requisite for dead-aim)

Smart Alec
Experienced User

Post by Smart Alec » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:34 pm

OOC: Ah, hi Karvon! We do keep bumping into one another.

Is it too late for a quick change of plan with regards to the manufacturing schedule? If the team has a new member, I daresay it makes sense for that new member to recieve one of the being-constructed laser pistols, so I wondered if we could get away with dropping the 6 points on medikits (here's hoping we can get by) and having two of our existing laser pistols upgraded instead, likely Jane's and Catalina's.

(Might be going into Powered Armour Mass Production next week now that we've three folks on the team who're likely to have Medium Armour Proficiency, so it'd be cool to get these little things out of the way now.)

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:43 pm

((OOC - Did kind of request Cat have an upgrade in my IC post, though that was before we got another soldier. *waves at Karvon* We must stop meeting like this :D

Anyway, I think it makes more sense to make sure the PCs who'll stick with small arms have the best version they can get of those. It would be better to attempt the same VDU adaptation on the rifles for those with more advanced proficiencies or focuses. I couldn't post earlier this weekend as we were off on a trip, didn't see the OOC posts after my IC one until just. So yes, if it's at all possible could I get Cat an upgrade, pretty please?))

*Edits on seeing SA posted*

Jenniza
Experienced User

Post by Jenniza » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:00 pm

Lazybones wrote:
Smart Alec wrote:OOC: Well, time's getting on :!: so, how's this for a proposal:

RESEARCH

- 10 guys on the Powered Armour project.

- *9* guys on the Advanced Surgical Kit. Gambling here.

- 5 guys on interrogating the Snakemen Soldiers - got to get rid of those sometime.

We need a medical miracle, Chiz! A high Knowledge: Life Sciences or Treat Injury skill roll might get the advanced kit all done.

MANUFACTURING

See what you think of these priorities.

- Get Soheil and Jane laser pistols; they're useful, unlimited-ammo sidearms and there's probably a kind of 'upper limit' to how many rifle-sized weapons we can tote, so Jane's laser rifle might well be superceded at some point.

- Repair the damaged Laser HWP.

- Repair the damaged prototype HWP, and maybe refit it with a laser cannon?

- Spend the rest (if there is anything left) on medikits.

Good enough?
So making some assumptions on the manufacturing: you'd want two laser pistols with VDU-enhanced sights (16pts), repair the HWP (3 pts), repair (3) and upgrade (7) the damaged prototype, and the rest on medikits (6).

Also, note that Musa has laser and other sights that can be "purchased" and added to just about any non-handgun weapon (maybe not the minigun). Just buy and "use" on the weapon you wish to upgrade. Plus the laser sight VFX is pretty cool. The laser rifle already has the sight bonus built in, IIRC.
8 points for a laser pistol IS the rice of an upgraded VDU laser pistol :)

sooooo...... the combined suggestions are that the manufacturing changes are: 3 new VDU-enhanced sighted laser pistols (24) for Karvon's character, Jane & Soheil, and an upgrade for Catalina (3 or so?), repair the HWP (3) and we'll have to wait on the other (3&7) HWP for another week. Sound about right? Feel free to either let Jane use a hand-me down laser pistol or use the 8 points to upgrade multiple laser pistols.

Smart Alec
Experienced User

Post by Smart Alec » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:17 pm

OOC: Oh, right, Jane doesn't have a pistol to upgrade, does she? D'oh.

Ok, maybe something like:

- Repair Laser HWP (3 points)

- Repair and Refit Rocket HWP (3 + 7 points)

- 2 new Laser Pistols, with upgraded sighting, for Hadrian and Soheil (16 points)

- 1 Laser Pistol upgraded with laser pistols sighting, for Catalina (3 points)

- Medikits (3 points).

And hopefully we can fit the other stuff in later; we don't have alien rifles yet, so I guess Jane's laser rifle can tide her over for this week?

*juggle juggle juggle*

Smart Alec
Experienced User

Post by Smart Alec » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Gulfwulf wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I'm leaving (again). I got a contract in another city and will probably be driving an hour+ each way, so I won't be around to harrass you guys. :( It was fun and go easy on LB. I hope to be back in a couple of months. :mrgreen:
Take care, man! Hang tough, be good to yourself, and we'll miss you.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Catalina grinned, watching the inebriated Russian carefully and slowly punch the keys on his x-Phone, still idly twisting a finger in Allen's hair regardless of any protestations. Her own tipsy features then wrinkled in a frown. "Didn't we ask Doc W to work out how we use the alien's blaster thingies?" she made a motion with one one hand mimicking shooting a gun? "Wonder how many of those we can scrounge before the rest get appropriated by old Iron Drawers? Would be kind of neat to go into combat with one of them on one hip and the laser on the other, eh? Who'd you reckon we need to ask about getting one each?"