X-COM: Aliens

Moderator:Lazybones

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster
Re: X-COM: Aliens

Post by Mirgalen » Thu May 21, 2015 6:38 am

The clones had done it and the end was near.

Despite their best efforts they did not manage to achieve anything significant in the lab. There was no time left. The alarm had sounded. They all rushed to defeat waves of humans and aliens who apparently had decided to strike the base almost simultaneously. The clones apparent victory was short lived. More were coming. Too many in fact.

They took what was needed to take control of the alien base on Earth. Leaving Caladaris to his dire fate they departed in the shuttle.
The alien base was well defended but not well enough to stop the clones. They dispatched the defenders and managed to depart Earth…

At last they were in the alien base, somewhere on Mars, back in their former clone bodies with no equipment...

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu May 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Strong looked around at the others and nodded. "Good, we're all here. We'll need to find equipment soon: weapons, healing, grenades and the like. While I'm proficient at hand-to-hand combat, I doubt we all are, so our number one priority is weapons. That and evading those keepers, or whatever they are that are tending to the new clones. As we've seen, they know we're not within 'accepted parameters', so we can expect to have to fight any more we come across. Hopefully we can find a recombination unit soon and get out of these weak bodies. I would hate to come across a mutton berserker while still in this body.." He looked at their surroundings. "So, which way do we go now?"

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri May 22, 2015 1:16 pm

"Where we go? Where we go?" Nimble asked, bouncing in an agitated fashion. The clone's refreshed sectoid state seemingly having adapted to the demands placed on it by the mental expectations of its freshly uploaded consciousness. "Alarm sounding. We be found and discorporated we not hurry!"

The little creature went to dash off in a direction, stopped and turned, then started to dash off in another direction before stopping again. Nimble looked even more agitated and mentally wailed. "Which way we go!"

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri May 22, 2015 1:34 pm

The Pale One disliked this new body. It had hoped that its mind would be minimally effected by the shell it would be forced into. In a way, it had not. It had not, at least, forgotten. But there were many thoughts that it could not quite contain within its head; that seemed to slip away when it tried to take hold of them. It worried that, if it stayed in this form for too long, it might never recapture them.

"I saw what might have been a control room, earlier," it said. "It may be where these malformed ones came from. I suspect it may be our best option."

((Might be an hour or so late tomorrow. Hope to make it in time, but no promises!))

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri May 22, 2015 2:43 pm

"Get a grip, Nimble!" insisted the Scowling One, landing a slap across Nimble's cheek. It pauses, looking between its hand and the stunned clone. "... I have missed being able to do that."

Scowling shakes itself out of memory. "Now, be quiet. Some of us are trying to think with much smaller brains and it is hard. We cannot simply charge a room filled with things unknown. We may have to try... to learn... cunning."

RogueZair
Experienced User

Post by RogueZair » Fri May 22, 2015 4:40 pm

The Quiet One listened silently to the other clones, and then silently moved off to scout without waiting for direction. It knew that time was of the essence, and should they encounter resistance it would be best for at least one of their number to be in a position to ambush.

"I will scout and report." it stated to the rest of the clones... then, it stopped, taken aback. How mechanical that statement sounded. Like it was reverting to its original programming. It focused its thoughts on the task at hand, then after a few seconds hesitation, it reported "I will scout, friends, do not worry. We will succeed." Better, it thought, and moved off.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat May 23, 2015 2:14 pm

+800xp for in-character posting.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat May 23, 2015 3:05 pm

((Server is up. Hopefully same details.))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat May 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Next session will be June 13.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:32 pm

The clones had done the impossible. First, they managed to transfer to the alien base on Mars emerging in new naked bodies (the basic clone model they started with).

Later on they grabbed some basic weapons and explore the areas. They even found a re-combinator. Soon enough, Fast found himself comfortable in a new body. He did however misplaced his little gun, so he would have to grab another one soon or simply act as medic while the others are fighting.

"We need to find where they keep weapons, yes?"