X-COM: Aliens

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: X-COM: Aliens

Post by Lazybones » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:40 pm

So the current plan is no session on May 9, but usual sessions for the rest of the month.

We'll recalibrate for July when we get to it. It could happen that we end up at the natural break between campaigns at that point anyway, so we can take a brief summer hiatus while VM goes on vacation.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:12 am

Back at the lab, Strong looked around and nodded to himself. "We've made quite a few advances here so I think I'm going to focus on base defense. Sooner or later either the humans or the Masters will find us and I don't want either to do so with our pants down as the humans are fond of saying, though why they would lower their pants in beyond me." He gathered up what materials he needed and started working.

//Craft Structural: 13 for base defense. I cannot place the traps myself though.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:03 am

The assault on the human base went fairly well despite heavy resistance. Fast ended up using all serums salvaged from the previous mission, a sign that even with advance medical research the clones were possibly getting damaged too often or too seriously.
He also used plenty of ammo with his weapon set to automatic while aiming at distant groups of foes.

Still, they captured the non specific human leader called "General" (terms like Elder or Master is seldom used by humans). So far, the specimen was not cooperating.

"We are going to improve the base defensive capabilities? Yes? What else could we do?"

Fast was not sure what would be best. He decided to use the nearby console to check what they had done so far that had not been destroyed by the previous incident. It was hoping that checking that would give him a better idea of what was important and urgent.

//

Craft Mech: 14

If no better alternative will support the improve base project

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri May 01, 2015 12:29 pm

There was much still to learn. Pale persisted in its attempts to learn more about the clones' biology, and perhaps discover something of use along he way. It was as much a way of focusing its mind as anything.

It had always wanted to speak to a human of authority. One that might be in a position to comprehend. But now that the opportunity has presented itself; it was not quite sure what to say.

((Earth and Life: 16 for Medical))

RogueZair
Experienced User

Post by RogueZair » Fri May 01, 2015 2:23 pm

The Quiet One returned to the lab with purpose, it was clear that the clones would continue to be in harms way and the medical equipment they had been using had many areas where it could be improved. Following the Pale One's lead, it focused on improving the carrying case, delivery mechanisms, and augmenting the core kits with splints and bandages.

After supporting Pale toward some progress improving the medical kits, the Quiet One approached The Strong One. "You get hurt a lot, I will make a carrying harness for your serums. Hopefully make them easier for you to access." After taking careful measurements of the Strong Ones hands and body, the Quiet One starts work on a belt & harness for Strong designed to hold Regenerative and Intensity serums in such a way that they are faster and easier for the front line combatant to access and use, given it's unique physiology.

// Craft Mechanical: 13
// Helping Pale with Medical.
// Also working to make the kits and serums easier for all the clones to carry and use, starting with The Strong One since he it the primary customer.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri May 01, 2015 2:39 pm

"This gun too big and heavy," Nimble grumbled, carrying it back to the lab, "and it hard to hold up so can't hit with it. Even when get in close. When hit it hurt bad but it not hit often enough, and that not good. Waste charges in packs and then because take so long clones hurt and need repair."

"Also bodies not repair so well without recombinator," it added, and looked down at it's body. "Always slow, needing to stop doing things and be still for aaaaages to repair when get back from mission. Need to make sure don't need as much repairing."

Nimble looked up again and saw what the others were doing. "You all get on with it. I going try make big weapon and little weapon into something in middle, more like sniper."

((Opting out of the regular domains to try and use Craft Mechanical 15 to try and adapt the large cannon and the plasma pistol into something not in the exotic category. The -4 is killing me, and the weight is also becoming an issue with the stuff we need to carry and Nimble being low strength. Running a risk, but hey! There's always a Tommy gun.

Medical Domain should be the priority I guess, and I think GW and Mirg have moved to Boost Base Defense also fine but unless anyone says no I think as a secondary. Nimble can try to place the traps made if they are D20 Modern type, but if not it may need to be done by the NPC as I don't think regular traps can be placed in the modern skills.))

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri May 01, 2015 3:01 pm

In between its work, the Scowling One is on guard. It's watching the human. It's finding the human very amusing indeed. Every tap of the bars leads it to yelp or look nervous, and every time it does, Scowling cackles. "Soon, human, soon!" it thinks, even though Scowling knows the human can't hear its thoughts. "Soon we will drain your diminutive brainpan of its secrets, and then you will be put to work maintaining the cleanliness of this base, yessss. I have a cleaning utensil with YOUR identity on it!"

... in between its taunting, the Scowling One seems dissatisfied with the medical research, leaving it to the Pale One. "Our weapons are proving inefficient," it complains. "We must improve the methods through which we can attack others without expending ammunition. I have... a plan," it mutters in a sinister fashion. "Nimble! Give me that vibroblade..."

The Scowling One is researching Weapons and Gear as a secondary project (with Pale on Medical as the Primary). Physical Sciences 12. Unless he can't do that alongside the base defence project, in which case, move him to Medical research with Life Sciences 12.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri May 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Week 25

Primary Project: Improved Clone Repair (50RP, 24RP needed)

Project Leader: The Pale One, Knowledge Earth and Life Sciences 16, ROLL 2, Result 18

Project Support (all roll vs. DC20 to add +2, DC25 to add +3, DC30 to add +4, non-core skills subtract 1 from the bonus):
None.
The Quiet One: Craft Mechanical 13, ROLL 18, Result 31 (+4 RP)

Research Earned: 10 (base) + 18 (project leader) + 4 (support) = 32 points

Improved Clone Repair 2 earned! Upgrades medical kits to +10 value. +400xp for completing a Tier 4 project.

6 RP earned toward Regenerative Serum 3 (60RP). Regenerates 2 hp every five seconds for three minutes (up to 72hp). Can only be used on self. Causes minor penalty to dexterity while serum is working.

Secondary Project: Improved Vibroblade (60RP, 60RP needed)

Project Leader: The Scowling One: Knowledge Physical Sciences 12, ROLL 8, Result 20

Project Support (all roll vs. DC20 to add +1, DC25 to add +1.5, DC30 to add +2, non-core skills subtract 1 from the bonus):
None.

Research Earned: 5 (base) + 10 (project leader) + 0 (support) = 15 points

Other Projects:

Base Defense
The Strong One: Craft Structural 13, ROLL 2, Result 15
The Fast One: Craft Mechanical 14, ROLL 19, Result 33 (4 Sonic Traps created).
Weapon Modifications
The Nimble One, Craft Mechanical 15, ROLL 19, Result 34. Weapon reconfigured.

The clones spend the days after their raid on the human military base working intensely on their various projects, so much so that the presence of the prisoner is the cell under the base is almost forgotten. But each of you feel a sense of brimming anticipation, an understanding that your final confrontation with the Masters is approaching.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat May 02, 2015 2:49 pm

400xp for everyone for research work.
+700xp bonus for posters.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat May 02, 2015 3:18 pm

((Server is up, usual details.))