X-COM: Aliens

Moderator:Lazybones

Gulfwulf
Forum God
Re: X-COM: Aliens

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:58 am

Strong looked at Fast and mentally snorted. "I think that should go without saying, Fast. While Nimble and I are perfectly equipped, the rest of you will definitely need some type of weaponry, especially Scowling and Pale - though more Scowling than Pale." He grinned before continuing, "We should be running into Muttons and other, more dangerous foes soon, so we'll have ample opportunity to scavenge useful gear. For now, we should be careful that none of us fall in battle because our healing supplies, such as they are, are very limited."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:33 pm

"The armory is indeed the next logical step," Pale said. Its voice was stronger than before, somehow - not necessarily louder inside its siblings' heads, but noticeable clearer; certain of its purpose. "We must assume that the Masters will anticipate our coming now, but that only means we need to strike swiftly. Then, once we are properly supplied, it will be time to take the battle to them in earnest. We shall show them that they are not immortal."

RogueZair
Experienced User

Post by RogueZair » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:04 am

"It is strange we have not met more resistance. Do the Masters not consider us a true threat, even after all this time?" The Quiet One looked from Scowling to Pale, the turned to return to its scouting duties. "We must indeed find more weapons, so we can press our attack."

Perhaps it was all an elaborate trap? The Masters certainly were capable of such a thing. And the humans still considered them enemies, so they had no support there. The best they could hope for would be to keep their head down if the Humans and the Masters were to fight each other. As The Quiet One crept off it almost tripped, its thoughts were so distracted. Shaking its head, it refocused on the immediate problem...

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:32 pm

"Ouch!" Nimble squealed and snatched its tail out of Quiet's way as the other clone nearly tripped over it, and then returned to what seemed to be the task of trying to grasp things from its pack with its own changed hands. Its claws clacked and clicked as it pulled out each thing in turn. Giving up on anything more awkward to handle than a med-pack.

"I could try make some like us," it added to the conversation, without bothering to explain what it meant, then grasped it's tail to examine the spike like sting at the end of it. "I think it might hurt when I try, but I can try. Then there will be more of us." The clone stared at the claws on the end of its digits for a moment or two, then continued in a matter of fact voice. "Or I could rip things into small pieces with these and plant parasites inside them that gnaw them apart from the inside."

Nimble looked at Scowling and Pale as if in query. "That might work."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:36 pm

//There is a small chance I may not be around tomorrow. We have a contractor dropping by early in the morning to do some work on the house and I don't know how long they'll be here or if I'll need to consult with them (I'm hoping my wief will be up). So if you guys don't see me @ the session start time, start without me and I'll come in later if I'm able to.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:50 am

+800xp posting bonus for Fast, Strong, Pale, Quiet, and Nimble.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:21 pm

//The installer had to reschedule, so I'll be here, but I can't guarantee I'll be fully awake.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:14 pm

((Server is up. I think with the same details.))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:39 am

Operation Alien Assault

They moved out to search for the Alien base where weapons could be stored. First they met some resistance and a gate hard to destroy. One enemy floater was now on the ground. Fast jumped over the chasm to grab his sniper gun. He would have stayed on that side and perhaps find a way to open the gate but he was alone and he could not face that many enemies so he jumped back to the other side…

Eventually they found weapons, plenty of them. Fast had two cannons and a stun launcher with enough ammo to hold a siege. What they still lacked were healing supplies in sufficient quantity.

They moved out, continued to explore and eventually found new areas located below the planet surface...

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:23 am

This would be the end.

The Pale One had thought similar thoughts a hundred times before. This time was different. There was no fear; no uncertainty. Only a warm well of calm determination.

This was their purpose. Not the one they had been built for, but the one they had chosen for themselves. And whether it would lead them to ruin or liberation or something in-between, the Pale One knew that they were precisely where they needed to be. It realized now that things could have gone no other way; that all roads led to this place at this time. And there was a certain comfort to be found in this.

It turned to its siblings. There were many things it might say. Many hopes for the future that might still never be that it could share. But it did not seem necessary to do so. The connections between them were strong enough that such things did not need to be formulated in order to be understood. So it decided to keep things simple.

"Let us end this."