X-COM 2 - 2019 Campaign Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Vanya Mia
Forum God
Re: X-COM 2 - 2019 Campaign Thread

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri May 10, 2019 8:39 am

"Which of the Hippocratic oaths might that be? There were at least 10 of them in use when I took mine and they change every decade to suit politics of medicine." Bo ended her sarcastic drawl with a sigh.

"There hasn't been any mention to doing no harm for over a 100 years, because to cure sometimes you need to take a risk, but when I took mine I vowed that ..." she took a deep breath and her tone changed to one of honest sincerity. "I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

"I'm inclined to think that's taken on a changed emphasis these days, so I'll help you. I'm better with organic than inorganic but I know my way around the equipment." She looked at Jess keenly.

"Just don't ask me to shoot at one of those fellow human beings."

((Craft Chemical is +3, just hope for the sake of everyone in the base that no one rolls a 1. :D ))

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri May 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Secret Societies. High Tech Gadgets. Mysterious Women. And Bears. It all led to one thing. There was a third player in this war that none of them had realized before now, yet it was so painfully obvious. That woman had mentioned there being another, higher level in the war, and with what they had witnessed that day it could only be one thing. The Bears.

It all made sense really, if you really thought about it while also not thinking. Why would the aliens stop at only humans? Surely they would experiment on other life on the planet. And naturally Bears would be one of the first choices. I mean we basically idolized them. Smokey, Winnie, Paddington, and so many others. But the aliens must have made some mistakes, which led to their uprising. Their rebellion.

So now we were left to deal with the newly reborn omnivores granted new sparks of intelligence and technology. Yes, technology too. Why should that be our sole domain? Bear designed weapons, cybernetics, machinery, this was the stuff of nightmares made real. You thought a bear charging at you with teeth and claws was scary, now imagine one doing so with a shoulder strapped rocket launcher or machine gun. Yes, this was a frightening next level, but that woman was right. We were ready for it. . .

“And so that was the dream I had last night. Pretty strange, right?” Henderson said as he longued around the couch after another breakfast of Munch^TM. “How about you boys? Any strange dreams lately?”

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri May 10, 2019 4:06 pm

"No strange dreams, old man. Just strange reals." Victor took a long drink of water, perhaps to skill himself from pacing. "I always heard rumours, you know? Rumours that there was stuff happening in other places, other crountries, but damn if it wasn't hard to come by, always the word of drifters, fourth-hand stuff, nothing like this." He nodded, waving his free hand. "You know wat that means? It means we ain't alone! We're not as alone as they want us to think we are! Ain't that something?"

He smiled widely. "Might be the best news I had for a long time. No matter where it goes. There's nothing worse than being alone."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri May 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Session 8

+300xp for full-party IC posting.

Since you have enough people making ammo to have two teams of two (each with Craft Chemical and Craft Mechanical), you can work on two different kinds of ammo or have both teams working on the same. Decide who is the lead and they will make the roll (the other partner will just lower the DC and does not need to roll). The number of bullets produced will equal how much you beat DC10. We'll adjudicate at the start of the session.

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri May 10, 2019 9:16 pm

((I'm guessing Jess has the highest Craft Mech and Stan has the highest Craft Chem, so we probably want to split them up as leads. So Jesse/Bo and Stan/Ibrahim?

If we get two types of ammo, at least one of them should be for the rifles, since we've got closet to zero. The other, I'm not sure. We've got two types of handgun ammo, right? .22s and whatever the revolvers use? Jesse's peashooter is all out of .22s, but VM mentioned she might be sitting on a pile of 'em, so I'm not such which of the two is most needed.))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri May 10, 2019 11:07 pm

The group has a .45, a .25, and a .22 handgun, not counting the Enforcer pistols.

Having used them for a while, you recognize that the AIS pistols are truly crap. They only do 1d6 damage, instead of the 2d6 for base handguns. On the other hand, you have plenty of them.

If you want you can do a group inventory at the start before you decide on your ammo creation choices. Per my notes you have one check at +10 and the other at +9 if you follow Jesse's suggestion above.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat May 11, 2019 12:25 am

((Sounds good to me on the pairing. We can decide the ammo in game but yes, Bo was sitting on a full or almost full pack of ammo - I think .22 - not realising everyone was so low, and isn't inclined to shoot anything. As yet. ;) ))

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat May 11, 2019 2:56 pm

((Server is up, usual details.))

Ayram
Veteran Poster

Post by Ayram » Tue May 14, 2019 6:05 pm

// I'm not going to able to make this next game unfortunately :/

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 am

MISSION FAILED! Better Luck Next Time!

What kind of intel was that? Go after a supply convoy only to get ambushed by an ADVENT combat robot? Was it a trap all along or something else? It was hard to tell.

On the "battlefield" JD weapon jammed. By the time he got the weapon ready friends had been injured. He was injured too. He was the last one to leave the hot zone. He tried to get as many empty shells and casings as possible thinking he may be able to recycle/reload a few and if not it would be fewer items with their fingerprints left behind.

// Not sure what kind of roll is needed here

JD remembered (unless it was an implanted memory) that he was good with weapons. He could dismantle and assemble a weapon blindfolded in no time. He could make bullets and he was good at shooting stuff.

Back the base after the dust settles he would help the others make more bullets.

// Craft Mech 6 iirc