I already have Daud’s modified sword in the queue for next week. Per Vanya Mia’s request, I’ll delay the Surgical Kit until she returns.Well, helping Mendoza might not have done much for the war against ADVENT, but at least we took out an enemy tactical team and gained a new research subject. Time will tell how useful the former priest ends up being in our efforts.
- Magnetic Rifle. We can expand upon our success with the mag pistol and create a full-sized rifle that can project mag rounds with devastating speed and accuracy. One prototype will be produced when this technology is researched. [RC10, MC8]
- Shard Gun. The Shard Gun takes standard shotgun shells and superheats them in a magnetic ignition chamber. The result is a molten spray of burning death. One prototype will be produced when this technology is researched. [RC10, MC8]
- Gauss Weapons. With our mastery of ADVENT's core weapon technology, we can now develop specialized weapon systems using the alien technology to improve on power storage and consumption, projectile path fidelity, and penetrative force over greater distances. We may be able to develop a sniper rifle and cannon variant based on our newly learned Magnetic Weapons technology. [RC10]
- Motion Scanner. This is an interesting idea from the Science Department, using particle displacement technology to develop a scanner that can detect enemy motion, even through solid objects. Doctor Tygen says that the scanner should work to about a hundred meters out. One prototype will be provided when the project is completed. [RC10, 3 points completed]
- Improved Medikit. Doctor Ranma tells us that we can improve our basic medical kits to provide more effective battlefield triage. All current medikit production will be upgraded once this technology is researched. [RC10]
- Skulljack. Access to the alien communications network is highly restricted, requiring several complex biomedical augments before admittance can be granted. The Skulljack allows us to "hack" into the network by temporarily wresting control of a being's augments, though any access gained is sure to be short-lived. This project will produce one prototype unit when completed.[RC15, MC10]
- Hybrid Materials. The ADVENT bodies we've recovered so far are shielded by a fascinating combination of materials, some more common than others. By studying the underlying alien technology, our research could lead to vast improvements to our own equipment.[RC15]
- ADVENT Stun Lancer Autopsy. The ADVENT Stun Lancer is commonly seen maintaining order and quelling disturbances throughout the world. Their unique stun lance could be adapted into a weapon our Rangers are already training to use. [RC5]
- Creeper Autopsy. The specimen is in rough shape, and Doctor Ranma isn’t optimistic that we can learn much from it, but the creature that was hiding in the crawlways of the Avenger does have some unusual properties that might benefit our medical research program. [RC5]
As always, be sure to submit your recommendations by Friday so we can maximize our production decisions.
- Mag Pistol. The workshop can now manufacture additional copies of the magnetic pistol. [MC5]
- Magnetic Ammunition. This ammunition can be used in all of our magnetic weaponry. [MC1/2 (one unit of capacity produces two boxes)].
- Additional Medikit Production. We all know that medical supplies are at a premium. We can dedicate a portion of our manufacturing output to augment what Doctor Ranma can put together in Medical each week, but that means a cut in other areas. [Manufacturing Cost: 2/kit]
- Advanced Surgical Kit. Our medikits are pretty fantastic, but even they can only do so much. This kit, designed for field use, can keep a critically injured team member alive long enough for more substantial medical intervention back on the Avenger. [Game Note: this is a one-use Raise Dead device.] [MC5/kit]
- Improved Research Capacity. Doctor Tygen has been requesting upgrades to his facilities in the research lab for some time now. This upgrade would allow him to work on two research projects simultaneously. [MC10, adds +1d10 Research Capacity/week]
- Improved Medical Capacity. Doctor Ranma has submitted blueprints for a device that would allow her to produce more medical kits each week. [MC10, 3 points completed, adds +1d6 medikits/week]
- Mundane Toolkits. Chief Chen can produce just about any kind of ordinary toolkit in the workshop. Just let her know what you need and we'll see that it's added to the queue. [MC varies depending on the tool.]
Mendoza is not an expert, but his presence in Engineering will add +1 to your Manufacturing Capacity moving forward.