X-COM 2 - 2019 Campaign Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: X-COM 2 - 2019 Campaign Thread

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:33 am

Updated the XP list.

Great backgrounds, everyone! Looking forward to our Enhanced Edition kickoff tomorrow!

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:03 pm

// Due to some unforeseen events I will be home early and will join the 1st session.

A nurse was doing a routing visit in the emergency ward. An asian man was hooked to a number of machines in room 3. The man moved a little. The nurse did not see anything. Before leaving the room she noticed something different about the asian man as if he had turned a little. She went out of the room and called another nurse who was nearby.

"I think he move, I think he he going to wake up, better inform the doctor."
"Ah, he is not going anywhere when the head nurse get back from her break you can let her know and she will handle it."

Days passed, weeks perhaps.

A man wearing a suit and another who may have been a doctor entered the room.
Suit: "So I suppose this is our John Doe"
Staff: "Indeed."
Suit: "As he spoken yet? Does he speaks English?"
Staff: "I guess we are here to find out."

The man on the bed moaned and moved a little before opening his eyes? "Hm where... where am I? Who are you?"
Suit: "You are in the emergency ward. Before we can tell you more you need to tell us who you are and how you ended up half dead where you were found."
John Doe: "Er I don't really know I'm afraid."

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:58 pm

((Uploaded a custom portrait here!))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:56 pm

All right, that's the whole group then... +150xp for everyone.

I hope that the DST monster doesn't attack our first session again. I suppose we'll find out in half an hour!

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Fug, sorry. Was building myself and forgot the DST thing. Server is up, usual details.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:06 am

Reminder that we're taking a week off. Next session is March 30.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:25 pm

The mission hadn't gone as planned, but then they rarely do. They had lost two members of the cell, as the aliens had responded faster then they'd hoped, though they did manage to rescue a number of prisoners. Stanley had done his part and more. he had correctly set the charges which allowed them to break into the prison. He had disabled some of the locks and security measures so they could access the prison cells. He didn't feel bad about shooting the warden. He was a collaborator, and he had been given a chance to give up the card key. Hopefully, the new recruits would more than replace those that were lost. Only time would tell.

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:55 pm

Mostly-clean sheets. Canned food. Concrete walls. A roof over her head, and enough people around to keep her from going crazy. People who — at first glance, at least — weren’t complete idiots. Not all of them, anyway.

Used to be, this was all she’d dream of. A little hole to hide in. A place to feel safe. She knew she wasn’t actually safe, of course — there was no such thing as safe anymore, and only fluffy little sheep thought differently. But her mom taught her that even a little shelter is a lot better than none. No room to think or breathe when you spend every waking moment on the run. She’d known plenty of that, in her young life. There had been happier times, too — bright islands of light, making the night easier to bear. Most of those times had been in places like this.

Something was different now, though. An uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach; a dreadful loneliness that kept gnawing at the edge of her thoughts. It had been there earlier, too, in the holding cell, but she’d been more focused then. Only now did she have the time to process everything that happened. To grieve.

Jess cried into her threadbare pillow that night, pretending to sleep. No sense letting anyone see her like this. Half of them already thought she was just some little girl. Better that they see the rage in her. The fire, and not the tears.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:13 pm

JD

Not a Job Description although that may apply too down the road. JD was what he was called for now. Short for John Doe. From what he understood the enemy was called ADVENT and JD assumed these were the guys who kept him alive before experimenting on him. JD was not sure what they did or why. He vaguely remember a doctor saying "The China man is a tough one, he will be a great test subject."

JD was now part of what could be called a terrorist cell or a group of insurgents/resistants depending on ones point of view. He did not remember how or when he was moved from the hospital to the cell where he met the others. He tried to talk to some of them to understand his current predicament.

Apparently around 2015, Aliens attacked the Earth and after a quick and bloody war that lasted only a few months the people lost and ADVENT took over. If JD did not know about these it means that he was in a coma for 15-20 years so he would now probably be in in his 40s...

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:47 am

Bo cleaned up.

The first step on the path to where she was now had been taken a long time ago, and it had been her own decision and no one else's way back then. No one had pushed her, it had just seemed right at the time. Necessary. She'd not expected it to have the same effect as taking a seat on a bus, for one thing she'd not worked openly enough for that to have an impact, but had thought of it as "taking a stand" all the same. Now it seemed life had taken her further down that path after all.

Events had put her firmly in a position of resistance if not rebellion whether she liked it or not. Only a fool would think they could go back to what they had from where she was, and she was no fool. The resistance cell had made an offer she really couldn't refuse in exchange for help from the group of raggle taggle rescues but the million dollar question was, "How can you contribute?" She'd familiarised herself with the basics of pistol shot but again, only a fool didn't play to their strengths.

So she keep them alive, as best she could.

Bo cleaned up whether they liked it or not. She scoured cooking and eating surfaces could including scrubbing down one particular corner carefully. She co-opted some of the bedding for cleaning and reserved some of it for that corner while turning the rest into bandages and dressings. She organised the shelves for nutritional content and calorific balance as far as possible. Finally she cooked.

The rest of the base were woken by the banging of a serving spoon on the side of a pot. "Come and get it before the pig does," she called. She'd never understood where it came from but her mother had always used it, and it fitted now. "Time for your first day in open revolt."

She'd keep them alive, whether they liked it or not.