Good questions.Shadani wrote: ↑Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 am((Some of us have talked a little about what to do this week, strategy-wise, and a few questions about how things work came up. Figure this would be the best place to ask for some clarification! In no particular order:
1) Both research and manufacturing havea base output of 1d10. I assume this means we choose an 'active' research project AND a manufacturing project each week, and those points go towards that project. In addition to that, we currently get 1d6 medkits each week. Is that right?
2) You mentioned in the rules that people can work on projects that aren't the active project, and that you count your work against the cost of that project. Can we 'complete' projects this way, though? Could Bo, for example, decide to focus on making extra medkits or tools and have a reasonable chance of actually making some if that's not the active project?
3) How many points of progress does a 'success' represent? It's not clear how much we can expect to contribute relative to the base output.))
1. Yes, that's how it works. But each player character can only support one project.
2. You could definitely make an extra medkit or a set of tools. If you wanted to do a "big" project on your own (one of the ones that costs 10 points, for example), I'd probably let you finish if by plugging away little by little until it's done (assuming it's a task that lends itself to this kind of approach). Heck, if you all teamed up you could probably complete a project on your own, if you wanted to.
3. I was going back and forth on this, but I'm currently leaning toward +1 for a Success, +3 for a Critical Success. Originally I had +2/+5, but since some of you already have skill bonuses in the low double digits we'll be seeing Critical Successes left and right. Maybe I'll bump it up once you add new facilities to the Avenger. That would also help as projects get more expensive down the road.