Site closed, but forums live on

Official announcements pertaining to NWN Campaigns will be made here
Venture
Site Admin
Site closed, but forums live on

Post by Venture » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:26 pm

This site started as an emergency forum when Neverwinter Connections was hacked, and offline, in July of 2008. After Neverwinter Connections came back online, this forum remained in case there was another outage at Neverwinter Connections, but also because a handful of users continued to use the forum.

From there, the site grew to become a "master list" of available Neverwinter Nights multiplayer campaigns. This functionality (what I'll call the "main site") was separate and apart from the forum, aside from some code that kept the users in sync between the forum and the main site.

For some time now, the main site has seen little to no traffic. In fact, except for a couple of new users signups, there has been no activity on the main site for 6 months, outside of the forum. In addition, the code that linked the main site to the forum was no longer supported unless I updated the site to the new version of the platform upon which it runs. This would be no small undertaking.

I don't want to keep a site running that is not secure, so I am shutting down the main part of the site. The forum will be unaffected, and will remain up, and remain updated.

Thanks to everyone that visited the site over the last couple of years and/or helped out with it, and I hope to see you around in the forum here, and over at Neverwinter Connections.

Venture

Return to “Official Announcements”