Board update complete

Official announcements pertaining to NWN Campaigns will be made here
Venture
Site Admin
Board update complete

Post by Venture » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:53 pm

The forum software running this page was several years out of date. It is now current (and hopefully more secure).

Two casualties of the update:

- the former theme is no longer compatible with the new version of the software. I picked out one of the few dark themed versions I could find. If you hate it (or aren't seeing a dark theme for some reason), there are a few theme options you can choose for yourself. If you go into profile -> board settings -> edit profile -> board preferences, you should see that option.

- I had to remove the antispam mod to complete the update. If you find you're getting spammers in here, let me know (contact me at my main site, 40tech.com - there's a contact link there). I can switch forum registrations to require approval, and appoint some of you to handle that task.

Sorry for any disruption, but it was making me nervous running outdated software on the server.

Thanks,
Venture

Carlo
Forum God

Re: Board update complete

Post by Carlo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Thanks very much for the update and for checking in.

One general question (for whomever). I've tried out all of the available forum themes and none have the previous "view new posts" option, or at least I can't find it. Anyone have a fix for that? Was a nice shortcut.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:00 am

The hamburger next to the forums button should have unread posts in it (it'll say "quick links" when you hover your mouse over it). I think the old unread posts option was built into the board style we were using. I'll look around and see what's available for 3.x or if I can manually add it in.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:16 am

Let me know if this is what you're looking for:

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 am

That works for the "quick links", thanks! Although I don't seem to have the NWN campaigns theme available. :(

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:22 pm

The style is called PBWoW3, Carlo.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:52 am

Thanks, either it didn't do the NWN thing for me the first time, or I just didn't see it with the funky content layout.

Also, it seems like the spammers have arrived.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Regarding spammers, let me know if you think it makes sense to require new signups to get admin approval, and one of us can try to set that up and give a couple people the ability to do that.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 pm

Kinda ironic that we had a spammer that posted right after you, Venture. :ugeek:

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:04 pm

I'd go for it to be honest. I've deleted a dozen posts and had to ban two users since the blocker was taken down.

Return to “Official Announcements”