TDV IC Thread

Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster
TDV IC Thread

Post by Purple Puppy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:03 am

Juan/DM:
Juan paced back and forth in the Lei home for much of the night. Of course, one of the Dragon's Chosen would be an ideal match for her older sister Chun, surely he would be a worthy match! The problem was he didn't look or act much like you'd expect from a great hero, and he wasn't rich either.

By late morning, after a substantial sleep-in, (in fact it was nearly lunchtime)Juan decided that the answer to her problems was simple - she would have to teach Hu how to be a great hero herself. That way Hu could pass himself off as a great hero, Chun could fall in love and get married, mother and father would be pleased, and then Juan could get out of washing the dishes for a few weeks while they were all so pleased.

The plan was foolproof! No dishes whilst Juan was away making a great hero look like a great hero; and then no dishes for weeks after the wedding while her parents were in a good mood.
Sano/Ayram
Sano was glad that he'd lost his pursuers, but now he'd gotten himself in an all new mess. For some reason these Dragon Village people thought he was one of their chosen and were having him do all these odd jobs for them. That would be ok for awhile because he had virtually nothing but his precious sword and he had been on the verge of starvation before he arrived, so he could use the work.

Still, he didn't like letting these nice people go on thinking of him as some hero. Some of them might talk about them, and the last thing he wanted was to be talked about. What if one of the Lord's men heard of him? He was rather distinct with his white hair, so it wouldnt be hard. But it wasnt as if he hadnt tried on multiple occasions to let them know. It was like they refused to believe that their prophesied chosen ones were finally there. And no offense to those around him, but they weren't exactly the "prophecied warriors" material.

He also couldn't hang around there forever either, he had to make his way back to his lords lands in disguise and bring justice down on those who framed him.
Gao/Gulfwulf:
Gao strolled out of the Abbot's house and over to the raised platform Ai Cheng was standing on, watching over his students. Gao stopped at the steps and bowed at Ai's back before climbing them after a barely preceptible nod from Ai. His staff clinked softly against the stone as he walked to Ai's side. The master's eyes crinkled slightly, but no other expression could be seen as he critiqued his students' techniques. Gao stood for a few minutes silently behind his friend and mentor before speaking, "Abbot Shen wishes me to visit the village, master. He is worried that our guests may not be ready for the trials ahead of them and wishes for me to accompany them. He also feels that my learning here is complete and that I must venture out into the world to learn more of the ways of the earth and her power."

Ai nodded slightly before cutting his hand through the air, making a sharp whistling sound. The students immediately stopped thier sparring and turned to their master. He stared at a particular student and demonstared the proper form before folding his arms before him and nodding abrubtly. The students bowed and resumed their sparring, the singled out student careful of his technique. Ai turned to Gao and smiled briefly before bowing slightly and returning to his students. Gao smiled and bowed in return before turning around and descending the stairs. He whistled as he exited the Monastary and made the short trek to the village.
Sima/Klasa:
Sima wasn't sure if he could consider his current situation good or bad. Sure, it was getting him food at the cost of various tasks, though fighting the living dead hardly seemed worth a bowl of rice. And then there was the fact that staying in this village wasn't getting him any closer to finding those bandits and reclaiming his honor.

And then there was the fact that the villagers were calling him some prophesied dragon warrior, along with a group of others who most of which didn't look like warriors in the least. And all of this because they all coincidentally had a dragon shaped birthmark somewhere on them. They had been asked to do seemingly random tasks for the villagers already, and he began to get the idea that this was all just a hoax to get labor from them in exchange for food. The fact that they wouldn't listen to him when he mentioned multiple times that he wasn't a hero like they kept saying helped strengthen this thought.

Hopefully he wouldn't be stuck in this village for too long so that his search for those bandits could continue.
Gao/Gulfwulf:
Gao stood just outside the Wu Jen's tower leaning on his staff, his skin taking on a slightly palor shade. He turned to the others and spoke softly, "I am afraid that I must leave you for a bit, my friends. The stirges we faced off against drained me slightly and I must visit Abbot Shen. I shall see you again within a day at the Common Hall. Be safe in these woods and do not hunt the Browl until I return. I shall procure us some healing before we do so." He bowed slightly to them before making the long trek to the monastary.
Juan/DM:
On her way back from the village store Juan noticed Gao walking through the village, and on towards the path that led to the monastery.
She hid behind the store building so he wouldn't notice her. And for a few moments she toyed with the idea of following him. As he passed close by she hesitated, wondering if he'd spotted her or not.
Gao/Gulfwulf:
Gao paused as he passed the store. He turned to where Juan was hidding and smiled slightly. "Come along, child. It will be good to have some company in my trek." He held out a hand to her.
Sano/Ayram:
Sano was more than willing to follow Gao's suggestion, When they inevitably fought this browl creature, he'd rather do it on the best advantage they could muster, and after seeing that cow, all he could think about were numbers. Having the monk, who was skilled at healing wounds, was a must as well. He didn't get to such a high rank without worrying as much as he did, because it pays off in the end.
Juan/DM:
Juan was a little disappointed that Gao had spotted her despite her efforts but took his hand and walked with him. She began her questions in a continuous burst of speech, "Did you find the Browl, Gao? Is that why you are going to the monastery? I should think the others are alright though; since you do not look distressed. Are they coming too? Do you want me to help you with the Browl? Did you know that Hu is going to marry my sister? It's very exciting - I haven't told her yet because he needs become more heroic and wealthy first."
Gao/Gulfwulf:
Gao smiled as he lead Juan to the monastary, the fey child's hand clutched by his. Without looking at her, he answered her questions as best he could.

"We did not find the Browl, child. I was...injured by an evil bird and must see the Abbot about healing my wound. I did not know Hu is to marry your sister. Does she know the good news or only do you? Regardless, I feel that he will make a good husband for her. If there is anything I can do to help, I will. Now hush child, we are approaching the gates."
Sima/Klasa:
The Browl... was it really real? If he had been asked this a few days ago, Sima would have said no right on the spot. But considering everything he had seen in the last few days, he would have to say that he believed in the Browl if asked right now. The living dead, spirits, living trees and twigs, and tiny people called brownies, Sima had considered all things like them to be simple fables told to children, but now they weren't just stories, but they were reality. And if they were going to actually try and face this Browl, they would need all the help they could get.
Gao/Gulfwulf:
Gao watched the Tax Collector walk away, his blank expression doing little to hide the disgust in his eyes. He looked down before looking at the others. "My order teaches me that all men are equal and it is our deeds that define us. To see such a man who feels that his station defines him is an anathem to everything I believe. But, he is Lord Wu's man, and Lord Wu is the lawful ruler of the provience. I can only pray that life does not teach him a hard lesson because I feel he is not equipped to learn it."
Sima/Klasa:
"Well, even if he is a man not worthy of his position, his coming and going is somewhat good news for us..." Sima began saying after he watched the Tax Collector leave once the man was assured that the threat of giant ants was dealt with. "If that man was able to come here and leave here safely, then it means that is should be possible for a messenger to do the same as well."
Gao/Gulfwulf:
Gao looked at the Wemic camp and at the forest at large. He spent many a day in these woods learning how to touch the power of the Earth and channel it. He gained much respect for it and the inhabitants of the forest, though he has never seen them this...agitated. Something must have driven the Gnolls out of thier caves far to the west. Though the Wemics and Gnolls have fought over territory, they had an uneasy truce. Gao knew he would have to find out what was going on and try to put it to rights. He wondered, not for the first time, if this was the reason the Abbot asked him to accompany the adventures...
Juan/DM:
The Wemic Guard pricked his ears at the sound of footsteps and got into a low stealthy position; ready to pounce at any moment. He lay low for a few more moment, listening to the approaching footsteps, and sniffing the air. He recognized the scent; it was humans. This information lessened his tension slightly; it was not the Beastmen preparing for another assault. But his momentary ease was interrupted by the footsteps again as they grew louder. The Guard sniffed the air a second time - there was a familiar scent, he'd seen one of these humans before. Gao?

The humans reached the camp in the noisy and clumsy way that humans, and other two-legged beasts, do. The Guard was standing tall and waiting for them by this time, having found no reason to be overly wary, he'd done little more than warn the others not a minute before the human herd had finally reached the camp.

The Guard wasn't particularly familiar with human formalities, so he decided to begin in he simplest and least threatening way that he could think of. "Hello!"

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Re: TDV IC Thread

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:19 pm

Raganui:
The ninja just started off. "Not my concern, de gozaru. I work for money." After making sure he was out of sight of the others, he uses the hill to hide himself as he quickly changed. Packing the suit up carefully and hiding his ninja-to, Dai sprinted off back to town, stopping only to sneak by the tanner.

Once he arrived, he began gathering rice and noodle dough from the mill.
Klasa:
Sima Ying could hardly believe what he had heard after speaking with the apparent spirit of the Dragon General and after hearing the message the messenger of this province's Lord. The Lord wanted to see him, a ronin! And then there was the Dragon General's talk of him being one of his chosen! And that he was going to save the land from some great danger and threat! As if a ronin with no honor could accomplish such a task! This was all Sima thought about after the messenger had left and he made his way back to the village with the others.
Purple:
Juan busied herself by throwing rocks into the nearby pond - it was frustrating that the Messenger refused to tell her why he was there. She'd seen him speaking with Lady Jiang but hadn't managed to eavesdrop properly because the dog was barking. For some reason she felt uncomfortable with the Messenger's presence - something was going to change, and not knowing what it was made her sulky.

---

Old Tien woke with a start, muttering almost incoherently about giant beetles. He'd been having his afternoon nap. The old man grabbed his dagger and a torch and headed towards the mill to check for beetles; he'd been worried about the possibility of a re-infestation ever since the Chosen had cleared it out the first time.
vanya mia:
Over a year had passed since Zheng Yi first set out on the Path. What she knew of the Secret, all that had been passed down the generations, had led her to this village. Whether this was the correct Path was something that was yet to be learned, but what she knew of the Secret had taken her on a journey that revealed the existance of the Tomb of the Dragon. She stood at the edge of the village contemplating her current position.

Precisely what she would do next was not certain, but one priority called; Yi needed food and a bed to rest upon. She had just enough for now, but then she would need to earn some means of paying for more. No matter, having travelled this far she knew that her talents as a healer or a minstrel would provide. She grimaced a little at the thought that in these hard times, that tended to go alongside the use of the Sword.

Dark head lifted Yi turned her copper eyes to the frontages of the buildings before her, and having identified the most likely source of food and a bed she headed towards it.
Gulfwulf:
Gao walked back to the village in silence, deep in thought. Lord Wu wished to speak with them about something, he thought, could it be tied to what the Dragon spoke of? As he entered the village, he kept going, not following the others to the common hall, instead heading towards the monastary. He had a lot of questions for Abbot Shen and needed his wisdom.

Demonicheart247
Newbie Poster

Post by Demonicheart247 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:12 pm

The blacksmith's yell of annoyance still rang clearly in the dark haired woman's ears. His voice and horrible attitude had been more than enough to drive Kurenai's companions away. By all right, he had been insulting enough that no one would blame them if they never spoke a single word to him again.

However, Kurenai stayed as the other went to find a place to stay.

The sight of the well kept forge was proof enough to Kurenai that this was a man who was very skilled at his trade and perhaps even enjoyed it. What bothered her was that his forge was running cold. She tried her best to discern some obvious reason for this but decided that it would be better to ask directly instead.

The young swordswoman began softly at first, "I...know it is none of my business..." Looking at his imposing frame did make her feel a tad insignificant in comparison, but she steadied herself, He will not speak if he believes he can just chase me off with a few harsh words Kurenai found her voice and continued a bit louder, "You said you were not selling anything. I would like to know why. Is it because of a scarcity of metals? It is certainly not because you do not have the means. Your forge is well kept and your anvils here show the marks of frequent skilled use." She stared forward at him and readied herself for another yell. However, she would not walk away from this and she would endure his insults until he realized that as well.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:20 am

Gao stood easily inside the Common Hall, concious of Zheng Yi standing close to him. He glanced at her briefly out of the corner of his eye, admiring her profile before returning to the ninja as he negotiated a room. Gao didn't know what to think of Yi; she was certainly beautiful and a more than capable traveling companion but he knew so little about her. Her humility belied a strength wthin her that Gao felt could manifest at any time. Gao frowned slightly, there was also the question of Juan. Though she was fully grown, she had the stature and mind of a child. There was also the question of how he really felt: was it that of a father for a favorite daughter? A brother for a cherished sister? Or was it something more? Could it be any more? He smirked briefly before smoothing his face. Such contemplation served him no purpose, not when there was much to be done to turn the tide of this darkness The Dragon spoke of. He only hoped that they would learn what it was before it was too late...

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:02 am

Zheng Ming paused momentarily; taken aback by the young women's boldness. Frowning, he replied in a softer tone this time, "Young woman, I cannot trade because I have no ore. Lord Wu will not be pleased when he finds out I can't provide his forces with their weapons any longer. And all because the Builders have stopped sending me deliveries of their ore".

Chu Shujuan, the Landlady of the Common Hall, spotted the young man wandering about the building. If he was going to be a trouble maker she'd make sure he'd get tossed out. She also noticed a young couple who had just come in, the sight made her smile, and she hoped they would be staying for a day or two, perhaps they were newlyweds.

Chu Shujuan marched towards the young Ninja and came to a sharp halt directly in front of him with her arms crossed. "You there, young man, are you seeking lodgings or are you here to be a pest?" She gave him a stern look and tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for a reply.

Demonicheart247
Newbie Poster

Post by Demonicheart247 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:19 am

A small smile appeared on Kurenai's face as she noticed the blacksmith open up a little. She was certainly surprised to hear that someone was hindering his business and it honestly bothered her. Kurenai glanced briefly at the cold forge as she thought back to all that time she spent in her father's workshop. She knew there was much more to the trade than most people ever realize. As the daughter of a professional smith, she could not turn away from this task. With a determined expression, she continued the conversation, "I have two more questions then. Do you know why the builders have stopped their ore shipments? Also, could you tell me where to find them. I am new to Taizhou and do not really know my way around the city." Although it really did not need to be said due to her questions and her expression, the raven haired woman seemed determined to aid in whatever way she could.

Almost as an afterthought she added, "Oh, forgive me for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Shinita Kurenai and I would like to assist in acquiring ore for your trade."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:37 pm

Gao frowned as Chu Shujuan approached the ninja and he started towards them. "Excuse me a moment, Yi-san" he said as he left her side. He placed a hand on the ninja's shoulder. "Excuse me, ninja, but I will procure rooms for us." He then bowed to Chu and addressed her, "Madam, we are here to purchase rooms from you for the night. If you have them free, we will need six singles as well as dinner tonight and breakfast in the morning." He glanced at the ninja before returning to Chu. "We are most gracious for your hospitality and wish to cause no trouble." He paused a moment. "Ah, please forgive me, I am Gao Kuo, cleric of the Four Corners. This is the ninja, a companion and that is Zheng Yi, a bard travelling with us. We are a party of six summoned by Lord Wu, though he appears to be currently absent."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:39 am

A gracious inclination of her head to Gao at his excusing himself, with the words, "No apology is necessary, Gao san," and bowing politely to Chu Shujuan when she was introduced. In truth, for manners that had been instilled into her continued to cover for the fact that Y's mind was racing. Had been since their meeting yestereve. There was so much she wished to ask, so much she wished to learn, but such behaviour would have been unforgivable. It had been the importance of her discovery that had given her the temerity to ask to accompany her new found companions.

That they too carried the Mark could be no coincidence, but what that truly meant Yi did not know. Did they too have the Gift in one form or another? Certainly Gao was blessed, yet the others too seemed to have talents, albeit the ability to fade into the shadows or fight as a tengu. Had not the later been how the first signs of the Gift were revealed in her ancestors? Yey in all the ages none of her them had met another with the Mark, and the fact that she had come so quickly to such a discovery left Yi struggling to think.

Yi's manners cut in again. "Indeed, we will be of no trouble to your establishment while we wait, and perhaps a boon. If you have a common room, and if you desire it, I will provide music and song to entertain your customers this evening." She bowed her head politely to Chu Shujuan awaiting her reply.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:15 am

Zheng Ming scratched his chin thoughtfully and replied, "Very well, Shinita-san, I am Zheng Ming the master smith of this town, and I will answer your questions; though I am unsure why you would care or why you would want to help. But I can reward you with some of my better stock if you are able to get the ore." Zheng Ming paused for a moment, then continued, "I don't know why the Builders have stopped delivering the shipments, but you can find them to the southeast of town."

Chu Shujuan was pleased to hear that so many rooms were required, and all for servants of Lord Wu himself! She must have prayed to the right ancestors last night, for today business was booming! She enthusiastically replied to the cleric, "We have enough beds for all of you, but there are not as many as six separate rooms, so some of you will have to share. And if you would like to find a table right away, dinner will be prepared shortly."

She'd just finished handing the dinner menu to the cleric when the woman next to him spoke-up and offered her services as a musician. By this time Chu Shujuan had quite forgotten about her concerns regarding the young man that had been wondering about the hall suspiciously; the offer of an entertainer for the evening was a welcome one. She regarded the young woman for a moment before answering, "Certainly you look like a capable entertainer, but I must see if you are any good before I can allow you to perform for the other customers. And of course, I will need to know how much you charge before I can hire you as a musician, and you must have something more appropriate to wear as those peasant trews will not do at all."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 pm

"All of which displays your wisdom, sama," Yi replied unslinging the biwa from across her back. "Therefore I will demonstrate to assist you in your decision." She sank into a cross legged position, briefly tuned the strings of the instrument, then began to play. The soft tones of her voice were unlike the rousing tunes the others had heard in the midst of battle. Soothing, pacifying they instilled a feeling of peace and tranquility in those who listened.

"Cherry blossoms, cherry blossoms,
On Meadow-hills and dale,
As far as you can see.
Is it a mist, or clouds?
Fragrant in the morning sun.
Cherry blossoms, cherry blossoms,
Flowers in full bloom.
Cherry blossoms, cherry blossoms,
Across the Spring sky,
As far as you can see.
Is it a mist, or clouds?
Fragrant in the air.
Come now, come,
Let’s look, at last!"

With a smile Yi placed a hand across the strings to silence the final chord and looked up at the innkeeper. "I hope that meets your required standard, sama." She brushed a stray lock of hair from her face and looked down slightly ruefully at her state of dress. " I will clean and dress. If the clothes which I appear in for the meal also inspire confidence, then all I ask is that you take my performance in part payment for the services you render to my travelling companions and myself."