TDV IC Thread

Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Gulfwulf
Forum God
Re: TDV IC Thread

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:39 am

Gao left after the meeting with Lord Wu and headed to confer with his sensai. His eyes looked far away as he walked through town, seemingly oblivious to the life around him. As he neared the small shrine, he stopped and bowed slightly before opening the door and entering, closing the door silently behind him. He stood by the door waiting for his sensai to acknowledge him. When he did, Gao bowed his head and walked over to the man, knealing in front of him. "Sensai," he began, "I request your council."

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:37 am

Master Kong nodded as Gao entered the room, but continued his meditations for a few minutes before calmly rising, "Very well my pupil, you shall have my council, what is it that bothers you so?".

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:10 pm

It was a despondent and confused Yi that left the interview with Lord Wong following out as the others left, but failing to match their more purposeful air. She lagged behind and looked at the small coin purse they had been given. A generous reward it was true and more than she remembered ever holding at one time, but from what they had faced realistically she knew it was not enough. Looking down the length of her body Yi ran her fingers over the damage done to her armour, finally resting on the tear over her breastbone where her own blood still lingered. Lastly she unslung and regarded the bow she was too weak to use effectively. Yi stopped, looked up at the backs of her retreating comrades and murmured, "I have become a burden."

Thinking back she turned over her memory of the words Gao had said at the fort. That he would protect her because he thought her worthy of protection was noble of him, and drifting her fingers over the hole in her armour she knew she owed her life to his timely intervention. That he valued her presence in the group sufficiently to watch over her was a great honour, but the ninja's comment certainly meant he at least thought the attention more than required. Yi blushed a little again at the disservice done to Gao by the implication in those words, and her part in bringing that insult upon him by requiring so much support.

Turning to one side Yi found a sun-drenched wall off the centre of the thoroughfare so as not to cause obstruction, and sank against the wall putting down the bow and pulling her biwa into her hands. Her mind was full of questions. She had been drawn to the people who bore the same birthmark as herself, but did the trials of continuing with them signal that her path now lay elsewhere or a test of her own resolve? If they were endangered by her frailty should she follow the path behind them and alone? Music had ever helped her think, so Yi sighed quietly and began to pick out a melancholy tune, singing softly to herself as she sat against the wall in the sunlight.

Raganui
Veteran Poster

Post by Raganui » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:25 am

"Sadness should not be about you." He spoke from a shadow cast by the wall, hiding in it rather well. "Gao-san likes you, so it makes you sad? If so then females are not of my comprehension." The ninja nods to himself a few times. "Or perhaps you have not the gold to buy what you deem is needed? Worry not, I am working on retrieving those items. Mostly rope."

He just turned his head at this point to look at Yi, mask hiding all emotion but a raised eyebrow.
Ninja Ninja.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:57 pm

As the ninja spoke a startled Yi's fingers struck a mischord and and she stopped singing, her head turning towards where the sound of his voice had emanated. Knowing his location her eyes picked him out of the shade and she stared at him. At his words she felt a rising heat from deep within and she retorted, "Rope ninja? My tunic is cut to shreds, I have no healing supplies and precious little to protect me and you worry about rope? My sword is good but I dare not get close for fear I become more of a drain." Her eyes sparked a little as she spoke. "I am sure Gao-san takes pity on my weakness, his good heart see's I am out of my depth and watches out for me." Yi sighed as the heat faded as quickly as it had come. "You should not assign him motives, ninja. You should use what you have to ensure they will survive this task that Lord Wu has set, while I decide if I am destined to walk with you."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:50 am

Purple Puppy wrote:Master Kong nodded as Gao entered the room, but continued his meditations for a few minutes before calmly rising, "Very well my pupil, you shall have my council, what is it that bothers you so?".
Gao stared at the floor for a few moments before speaking softly, "It's...it's everything, sensai. I am conflicted. I care for a companion, but do not know if I should or should not be. I care for all of my companions' health and well-being, but Yi is different. She seems vulnerable, yet I can detect a hint of steel within her. I wish to show her that steel but do not know how." He paused. "There is more, sensai. There is the cloud hovering over our land and I do not know if I am strong enough to face it. What if I fail? I am barely from under your guidance and now I must do this. Whatever guidance you may have, sensai, I would appreciate." He folded his hands and waited patiently for the older monk's reply.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:23 am

Master Kong folded his arms into his sleeves, "To help Yi find her strength you must first discover your own. You are carrying a burden that is not your own to carry, and until you can truly believe in yourself, you cannot help her.

Do not dwell too long on an uncertain future, you have a tendency, my pupil, to only see the worst of outcomes. Instead, concentrate on the here and now, stay focused on the immediate threat. For now, as I've heard, you must guide your companions through the mountains safely and reinforce the garrison. That should be your focus, for now, to reach the garrison without losing any of your companions. The road will be treacherous, but you are more than capable of this my pupil, you have more strength than you yet know, and so does Yi."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Gao stood in silence as he listened to the older monk speak. Finally, he raised his head and looked directly at the other. "You are wise, sensai. I shall do as you suggest and guide us into the mountains. The garrison shall not fall." He bowed his head and gathered up his things before silently exiting the small shrine and went in search of the others.

Raganui
Veteran Poster

Post by Raganui » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:21 am

"Annoying, de gozaru. Here." He tosses out 100 gold in a small bag. "Redress yourself. Quit whining. Be ready to go. Doubtful you would want to see Gao-san walk into danger alone."

The ninja then silently stalked away after that.
Ninja Ninja.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:24 am

But not before the bag of gold hit him on the back of the head.

The heat that had been subsiding welled up with a force that left Yi's head spinning. A small part of her watched astonished as she grabbed the bag, sprang to her feet, and hurled it at the ninja with accuracy and no little force, then listened in horror to her own words.

"You would insult me in such a fashion? You? Who are little more than a thief?" The melodic tones of Yi's normal gentle speaking voice were reinforced by some gutteral strength that seemed to have no place inside her physical being. "I have listened to your steps and seen wardrobes, chests, crates open even in the homes of those who would give us succour and whom we serve alike."

"I have kept my own peace believing the dragon spirit brought us all together for a reason, and perhaps yours was to assist your comrades in this fashion. At first this seemed the case, but now I feel you assist no one but yourself." Yi's chin lifted defiantly and she stood one fist on her hip, with the biwa hanging from the other hand, with the little voice inside her head screaming for her to stop. "You demand more from your comrades to aid them, and keep from them what would assist."

"You have no honour, you have no respect, you insult your comrades and ignore their needs." The strength in her voice began to falter as the voice that had been shouting within her head began to hold sway once more, and a blush rose in her cheeks. "You are returned what you gave, ninja, and as you give nothing but insults you are nothing but one yourself. I thank you for one thing though. I realise now that you are the burden, not I."