TDV IC Thread

Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Demonicheart247
Newbie Poster
Re: TDV IC Thread

Post by Demonicheart247 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Kurenai smiled warmly at Zheng as she took in his words, "My reason might seem a bit strange but...when I first saw your forge, I was very excited. I wanted to see another blacksmith's work. My father is also a blacksmith." Her eyes drifted back to the anvils near by as she continued, "Despite what people may think, each weapon forged is a unique work that has the passion of the craftsman forged inside it. It does not matter how many Nodachis, katanas, or other weapons a smith forges in their career, each one is unique."

She briefly rubbed the back of her neck and laughed a bit, "I...must sound strange. In any case, Once I speak with my friends who passed by earlier, I will look into it. I do not wish to worry them." She bowed quickly to Zheng, "The only reward I would like...is to be allowed to witness you work. Anything beyond that is not necessary. Farewell, Zheng-sama." With that, she quickly began to depart. She paused briefly looking in the direction Zheng had described. It was obvious that she was going to approach the builders about the ore and probably would have done so if she had traveled alone. Reluctantly, she headed to Common Hall to meet with her allies, Maybe...I could ask for their help...but...Ninja-san wouldn't help...not without payment...still, if his help is needed, I will gladly pay from my own funds!

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:02 pm

Purple Puppy wrote:Chu Shujuan was pleased to hear that so many rooms were required, and all for servants of Lord Wu himself! She must have prayed to the right ancestors last night, for today business was booming! She enthusiastically replied to the cleric, "We have enough beds for all of you, but there are not as many as six separate rooms, so some of you will have to share. And if you would like to find a table right away, dinner will be prepared shortly."
Gao took the menu and nodded. "We can share as necessary. How many do you have available, Chu-san?" He waited while Chu spoke with Yi and looked over the dinner menu. He stopped and stared at Yi as she sang softly, transfixed by her voice. As she ended her song, he shook himself slightly, as if returning from a dream and bowed slightly before clapping. "That was very beautiful, Yi-san, thank you for sharing that with us" he said with a smile.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 pm

Looking up at the cleric Yi gave a pleased smile. "Thank you, Gao-san, your praise is most flattering." She rose gracefully to her feet and slung the biwa back into position across her back. "I can only hope that our hostess finds my performance equally to her taste." She turned to Chu Shujuan. "If you would point out our rooms, sama, then we can establish which is best and I may wash and dress appropriately."

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 am

"That was...very beautiful.", Chu Shujuan said. "You obviously have much talent and I am surprised I haven't heard of you before. I suppose that is why you are here, to perform for Lord Wu, yes?" Chu Shujuan rubbed her chin in thought, "Now then, I will tell the cooks to get started on dinner, and we will see if we can find some suitable attire for your performance tonight. I will send one of the waiters to take you to your rooms later."

Chu Shujuan scurried off to make preparations for the nights performance, and to spread the word that a minstrel was to perform at the Common Hall for the night.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Sima Ying just stood quietly out of the way of the busy villagers in the town he and the others were in as he watched Shinita speak with the apparent blacksmith of the town. He had replied a bit rudely to them at first when she had spoken to him, so he wanted to make sure that if it rose up to violence he'd be close by to stop it. But after watching for a while, it seemed that such a situation wouldn't happen, so he just allowed himself to focus on his thoughts.

He still could not believe that he was one of the Dragon's Chosen as everyone was beginning to say now. He just could not believe that one who allowed to watch as his lord died right in front of his eyes and yet was unable to do anything to stop it, and even was pitied and spared his life by bandits could be something as important as the Dragon's Chosen. No, it had to be a mistake, it was obvious that it could not be true. But as for Lord Wu, Sima could understand why he would wish to speak with him and the others. They had solved various problems for one of his villages, and so proved they were at the very competent. Most likely Lord Wu had some sort of task for them to complete.

And as he became more focused on these thoughts, he became almost oblivious to what was happening around him, failing to notice that Shinita had actually left for the Common Hall.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:10 am

Demonicheart - 300 xp
Gulfwulf - 300 xp
VanyaMia - 300 xp
Klasa - 100 xp

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Gao stood silently next to Kurenai as her and the others spoke with the Builders about the "rat men" who had recently invaded thier mines and shut down their production. While he admired Zheng for wanting to find a peaceful solution, he felt that one wasn't going to present itself. He frowned at the mention of the damanged mining equipment, that could prove a difficult obstacle to surpass. But, the Builders needed their help and he was going to do all that he could, regardless of the cost. He only hopped it wasn't more than he could bear.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:01 am

Standing listening to the questions raised by the others, Yi could not help but be a little concerned. History told her that wars never began for no reason. That the reasons were not always valid was often the case, she knew, but with a sentient race one side or the other made a decision to attack based on a cause. If these creatures were the strange ones that had attacked them on the road, then the problem was severe. The threat of a war confined to the tunnels of the mines was far out-weighed by one that spilled out into the surrounding villages, and given the attacks they had fought off Yi did not think it would be long coming.

Uncomfortable though Yi felt with the idea, she would do what she could to resolve the situation. However, knowing the why of it could do nothing but aid them. Understanding that the subject might be an emotive one for their hosts, she asked again respectfully, "Has anything changed that might have prompted these creatures to rise up, sama?"

Demonicheart247
Newbie Poster

Post by Demonicheart247 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:12 pm

To say that Kurenai was unconcerned about why the Nezumi were attacking the builders would have been an untrue statement. In the back of her mind, she fully believed that Yi-san was correct for wanting to find a peaceful solution to this situation. Kurenai herself hoped that they could do so without any bloodshed. However, she had given her word to the blacksmith that she would restore the ore shipments. Her honor was at stake in this task...both as a person and as a blacksmith's daughter. She would see this through to the end...where ever that end may lead.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:46 pm

The Nezumi, a type of tunneling rat people who were attacking the Builders for some reason or another. They sounded like they were just savage, uncivilized creatures according to what the Builders had told him and the others. And while Yi-san and Shinita-san wanted to try and find a peaceful way to end all of this, Sima just wasn't so sure that it could be done. He figured that the only way to end this would most likely be by eliminating the Nezumi.