Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster
General Discussion

Post by Purple Puppy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:09 am

What's everyone playing at the moment?
I'm curious to know. 8-)

I played through Tomb Raider: Legend a few weeks ago, and now I'm onto The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, picked-up both games at a local store for under $20 (AUS).

TRL was way too short, plus the interactive cutscenes were just stupid, anyways apart from that it was fun (even though the protagonist has the emotional maturity of a 10-year-old). The puzzles were okay.

Oblivion is so fun, it's definitely better than the previous game in the series. Not that I've had much time to play lately, but the way stealth, bow, and lockpicks are handled now is a major improvement on the old game.

Anyways, so what are you guys playing?

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Re: General Discussion

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:29 pm

WAR!!!!!!

Warhammer Online, very little RP (unless a group of NWN buddies are on too) but fine to run solo, with the background to the SP quests more detailed than any I've ever seen in a game, and the Region vs Region system is utterly engaging. Never been into PvP but the open system they have is perfectly thought out, with you being able to act alone or in support of NPCs even. Died at least a hundred times at someone's hands (I know as my journal tells me so!) but laughed through every one of them. Love it. 8-)

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Purple Puppy wrote:Oblivion is so fun, it's definitely better than the previous game in the series. Not that I've had much time to play lately, but the way stealth, bow, and lockpicks are handled now is a major improvement on the old game.
Them's fightin' words! Though I will conceed that stealth wasn't handled very well in Morrowind, I don't like the idea of a "mini-game" while trying to open a locked door or chest. :P

I'm still playing and modding Morrowind inbetween my NWN sessions. I also play Diablo2 once a week with a friend of mine. I rarely touch anything else.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:26 am

Gulfwulf wrote:I'm still playing and modding Morrowind inbetween my NWN sessions. I also play Diablo2 once a week with a friend of mine. I rarely touch anything else.
Pfeh, those are really old games! :P
...Not that NWN is old or anything...

Nah, but those 2 games are even older than NWN, 2002 & 2000. I've played through Diablo II, but have to say I think it was a waste of money, for me personally, but I feel the same way about Dungeon Siege which I played for about 30 minutes before I got bored and uninstalled it (lucky I bought that one on sale).

A game that I wanted but now refuse to get is Mass Effect (PC), not only does it cost between $90 to $100 in most stores here (costs more than Tomb Raider: Underworld - which hasn't even been released yet) but it's got that stupid DRM (max 3 installs) on it! :evil:
Vanya Mia wrote: Warhammer Online, very little RP (unless a group of NWN buddies are on too) but fine to run solo, with the background to the SP quests more detailed than any I've ever seen in a game, and the Region vs Region system is utterly engaging. Never been into PvP but the open system they have is perfectly thought out, with you being able to act alone or in support of NPCs even.
Hmm, I haven't played any MMOs - I have one of those WoW 14 day trial discs, which has been collecting dust for years now. They just don't appeal to me.

BoboUnderhill
Experienced User

Post by BoboUnderhill » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:08 am

I'm playing Tempted by Squeeze on loop, for the passed couple of days. I think my fiance' is just about insane.

Game wise, since it is the season, I've dusted off some of my horror-esque games. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Bioshock, etc.

No telling what I'll be doing after the Halloween season is finished. Probably finish out the horror-esque games I hadn't completed yet and switch to a shooter or something.

And, of course, NWN. I mostly just screw around with builds, though, these days, hoping to find a combination somewhat close to what I approximate my characters would be. The true them. Mostly Lyle and Bobrin.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi Bobo, it's been a while. :)

I played a Bioshock demo a while back, it seems okay but I didn't get into it, not from the demo anyway. Hmm, I like Half-Life 2 for the horror/zombie stuff - Ravenholm.

Anyways, it's late. :sleep:

BoboUnderhill
Experienced User

Post by BoboUnderhill » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Purple Puppy wrote:I played a Bioshock demo a while back, it seems okay but I didn't get into it, not from the demo anyway. Hmm, I like Half-Life 2 for the horror/zombie stuff - Ravenholm.
Really? The demo netted me in quite fully. Any ways, yeah, Half-Life 2's Ravenholm is very nice for that horror-flick feel. Bad thing is there's only the one level.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 am

Well, it didn't help that my comp could barely run the demo and I had to turn the effects right down to get to run without crashing, plus I kept getting killed and ending up in that revive-chamber thing. I'm used to FPS games being pretty straight-forward. :?

Speaking of demos, have you guys tried this game? :mrgreen:
http://files.filefront.com/World+of+Goo ... einfo.html

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Here's a link, this site is pretty funny:
http://www.engrish.com/most-popular/

Hand Grenade... :lol:

BoboUnderhill
Experienced User