General Discussion

Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster
Re: General Discussion

Post by Purple Puppy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:52 am

I'll play as a Swashbuckler (thief class) then. 8-)
Now I just need to decide which race, heh.
Gulfwulf wrote:I'd like to start playing this Friday if possible. I'll have the game up about a half-hour early so we can hopefully get any connection issues sorted out.
Are you going to set up a gamepage at NWC for it, or should we just remember? Also, could you post a link to the patch we're going to use? Thanks! :)

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:18 am

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:31 am

If you want, Purple, setup a game page. :P

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:24 am

Tomb of Horrors, it was the first campaign I played multiplayer on NWC, and it might be fun to do it again.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=1867

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:08 am

It's been suggested that we play through either HotU or Ravenloft. I wouldn't mind doing HotU then switching over to an epic mod, but if we do that, I'll need a list of items to add to the armory at the start so everybody has full equipment. As for classes, I'm up for:

A human Ranger
A WM/DD
A human sorc/RDD
A human monk/CoT (or maybe just a plain monk)

Thoughts?

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:52 am

It's a pity about BG2, especially after all the mucking around to get to run in the first place. Is IWD2 still an option or are we done with non-NWN games?

But anyways I'm fine with HotU, I only played through the once in singleplayer and never went back to it (was only slightly better than the OC IMO). As for class, I don't much care, as long as I don't have to be a spellcaster because I hate the radial menu setup (it's too awkward).

I haven't played Tomb of Horrors, it looks okay, my only concern is that it might not run properly because it's so out of date.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:03 am

I'd like to try BG2 again now that I have my firewall setup properly, but I'll probably be playing that on Thursdays so we can try IWD2 provided everybody has it. I'll have to see what ports it needs first, though.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm willing to give BG2 another try, it did run well enough that first session, and maybe we just had a bad run this week.

Otherwise I'd quite like to have a go at IWD2 because that's quite a good one (though a bit dull in single player). It's very linear compared to BG2, but it's still got a better story than HotU.

If those options don't work, okay, back to NWN. :)

BoboUnderhill
Experienced User

Post by BoboUnderhill » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Not this week. I'm having computer troubles, and that won't be resolved until monday at the earliest.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:05 pm

Okay.

As for next week, I'd like to try BG2 again, and see how that goes, but in case it doesn't work I suggest we have another game ready. Perhaps 'Tomb of Horrors' or HotU as has been suggested. 8-)

What do you all think?